Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratter's Bluff

Time to start a new thread.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Considering the poor fellow is suffering from paranoia, perhaps we should limit the visiting party to Dr. Halo to just Snoirot and Rytsar Batu Kobani ?

Half a dozen suits suddenly showing up at his bedside is likely to be detrimental for his condition

Unless some have specific skills that may come in handy ?

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    While you are at lunch you receive a message the Dr Halo is Now an inmate at the Shadewood rest home, where he suffers from paranoid-delusions and a persecution complex.
    Does "inmate" imply he's forced to reside there ?
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 15 Oct 15, 03:56.
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
      Does "inmate" imply he's forced to reside there ?
      Pending a psychiatric release yes.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

In that case I recommend we come in in a roundabout way,

we present ourselves - with all the security clearances we've been given - as a team that's come to take him in official custody and relocate him to location of our choice.

IF we're dealing with some great conspiracy or cover-up here, we'll anticipate any efforts to deny us what just may be our one useful witness.

After that we can take our own sweet time.
        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Gorman can come along as back up (or not) in another car, if paranoia is a concern.
          "We have no white flag."

Comment

I'm more interested in Lab 141. Others can go visit the good doctor. Do make a recording of his babble though.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              I'm more interested in Lab 141. Others can go visit the good doctor. Do make a recording of his babble though.
              You are able to arrange an appointment for the following morning by using the PM’s edict, nothing else got you admission.

Comment

You are able to arrange an appointment for the following morning by using the PM’s edict, nothing else got you admission.
                Well Gorman goes there too.
                "We have no white flag."

Comment

We show up.

"Are the Wanchi you have detained here still here? I want to see them then interview the staff and review your records on them."

Comment

Good morning I am Lisa thumper director of relations.

"Are the Wanchi you have detained here still here? I want to see them then interview the staff and review your records on them."
                    Oh, yes, certainly, we have some very interesting results from a number of experiments. As you may know our primary interest is in research concerning finding the next Cassandra. Would you like to see our most promising subject?
                    The Dir. Thumper leads you to a room with comfortable chairs and one way glass. “Now as you know from school there have been a number of Cassandras dating all the way back to William I. She was the first of them and helped William conquer and unite the planet Earth. What we are doing is trying to determine if there is currently a Cassandra active and who she might be. Ah here she is.”
                    Two large men drag a small woman in to the other room where they strap her into a chair. She looks like a wet rag, just beaten down and helpless. Her blonde hair is limp and stringy with the front half shaved off and the back half is patchy (there is a definite lack of silver tips that all Wanchi have). She might stand 5’4” and weigh 70 pounds if that with pale green eyes. The most notable feature about her is the number 65 branded on her right cheek. Once the two men have her strapped down they step back and a doctor applies several connectors to her head. Then a switch is thrown and she reacts violently. Her body strains, convulses and jerks around so violently that even through the glass you can hear the crack of her arm breaking.
                    “Now I know this looks like we don’t treat her well but we have found that the best results are obtained when the subject is in a high stress situation.”

After the electricity is turned off the woman says “Don’t let the navy attack them, they’ll kill us all.”

Comment

"What results? Lisa? Is that you?"
                      "We have no white flag."

Comment

I look at Director Thumper. "She isn't a Wanchi. I was told you have several Wanchi here. Where are they sir?"

"I have no interest in your, whatever that was, with that woman. I came here to see actual Wanchi. Do you have any or not? I and others made that clear well in advance of my arrival. Produce a Wanchi."

That last part is made in such a way that says "You and every idiot SOB in this facility is going to be answering to vicious nasty people about why you were either lying or let them go because I came to see actual Wanchi...

Comment

I look at Director Thumper. "She isn't a Wanchi. I was told you have several Wanchi here. Where are they sir?"

"I have no interest in your, whatever that was, with that woman. I came here to see actual Wanchi. Do you have any or not? I and others made that clear well in advance of my arrival. Produce a Wanchi."

That last part is made in such a way that says "You and every idiot SOB in this facility is going to be answering to vicious nasty people about why you were either lying or let them go because I came to see actual Wanchi...
                          Pffft, Wanchi. Why would you be interested in them? What we have here is an actual precog.
                          This subject has already made 3 predictions that have come true. Don’t you see how helpful that is?

Comment

Pffft, Wanchi. Why would you be interested in them? What we have here is an actual precog.
                            This subject has already made 3 predictions that have come true. Don’t you see how helpful that is?
                            "Help to whom? Not to me. I specifically came here Director to see Wanchi. Am I to understand you've been lying to the ministries about having some? That's quite the bad show old man, don't you know?
                            The executives and bureaucrats above me certainly won't be pleased with that. No, no, not at all. I should expect your funding cut and lots of sackings to follow.

You see, Director, they believed you had Wanchi and could help in the project I and my associates here are engaged in for the Interior Minister and now I find you shan't be any help whatsoever. Bad show that I'm afraid, that is unless you have something more substantial than a circus act using electricity to show us."

I produce the original ministry paperwork and contracts that now include small amounts of "added" material that back my position entirely.

"I'm sure that the research you've done elsewise is of value and can be transferred to another lab engaged in such. Of course, if you can show cause why your facility should be redirected onto this research or that you do indeed have Wanchi in your possession I'm sure my report back to the ministry will be most encouraging."

I smile politely.
                            Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 16 Oct 15, 00:54.

Comment

Gorman sends a private message, "It seems I know this girl from some years ago."

Aloud, he says, "And by what authority do you abduct citizens for experiments?"
                              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X