No announcement yet.

RPG Interest Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally speaking, one might expect that they can produce enough funds to handsomely equip themselves. That is the standard of the time for Knights after all. However, paying for food and anyone outside of yourself will likely require some funding from other sources than your income. Unless you want to be lightly equipped and have the cash instead......
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
      That's likely what I'd do Pruitt - but while you can sell your lands for cash, asking around for funds likely will have limited success unless you have something else people want to buy.
      Sounds like we don't get enough to live on and equip a few guys. Maybe if one asks the local Archbishop to donate a few shekels he will be interested. Also, not everyone can go and might donate to someone they know. I just don't want to end up running out of funds by Venice again!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

My biggest fear running an RPG is letting the economics kill the gameplay. The Sci-Fi game has taught me a lot about what I need to have hard rules on and what I can play fast and loose with and keep it fair and fun. That's my goal in whatever RPG we do. The scale of a Crusades RPG is such that unless I directly tie all players to a lord that provides for them, I'm pretty much stuck having some economics.

A modern one set in Africa can have little or no economics involved, since if it's in civil war the economy will be screwed anyway, and the player choices will rarely include a shopping spree at Wal-Mart.

Comment

One possibility I'm bandying about is doing BOTH a modern and crusade RPG. I'd be figuring doing a mid-week update for one, and a weekend update for the other, with the players doing everything in the middle with my NPC available for questions.

If you like that idea, let me know. Considering the size of the Sci-Fi game, I think that I can handle 2 games that don't include more than about 40 people maximum between both of them....and half of those would be retinue NPCs.....

Comment

A terrifying possibility is having the same Chars slip back and forth between the two time-frames in the same place.
            But then the language barrier gets in the way, among other things.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Ok, after only a few days, Crusades is a solid frontrunner, with a 2 point lead that has pretty much been maintained and extended since the poll started.

If this trend continues, I'm anticipating Crusades being first, followed by Modern. I have developed some ideas for modern, but Crusades is farther along and I think will be something I can roll out within the next month to commemorate the new games section in the forums. I've got chapter one mostly worked out, and we'll see what else is going there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X