RPG Interest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Interest Thread

Ok, so there are a few RPG ideas working their way around. Seeing what looks interesting to the rest of you.
    Russian Civil War or Great Patriotic War individual soldier
    18.75%
    Crusades, individual knight (maybe with retinue)
    43.75%
    Medieval, moderate magic
    12.50%
    Modern, possibly Middle East or Africa
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Quick note. I didn't vote because that's particularly what I want to do. I voted so I could see the poll results easily. My vote will not count except as a tie breaker if one is needed.

Comment

I understand, did the same in mine.

Of course, I voted for everything in mine...
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

I would like a modern one set in Africa. There are so few modern RPs.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

As usual

Seems so hard to keep those pure RPG games going though, I suspect it's on account of the amount of work required from the GM, since he has to be involved in all interaction,

in wargames the RPG elements seem to come about more naturally.
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            As usual

Seems so hard to keep those pure RPG games going though, I suspect it's on account of the amount of work required from the GM, since he has to be involved in all interaction,

in wargames the RPG elements seem to come about more naturally.
            Hey, I resemble that remark!

On a related note, hugely in favour of the proposed First Crusade game, traveling from the West into the exotic Holy Land the hard way!

Comment

I joined the crusade three times now I think, never made it past Venice -

Once we even stranded in Germany on account of one of my fellow crusaders insisting on besieging a particular stubbornly defended castle.

Great fun each time though
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Ok, a couple of days in, and it looks like it's going to be between Crusades and Modern.

To expound on both a bit further:

Crusades--Each Player will play the role of a member of the Knightly class. Based on factors and their choices, players could operate solo, or with as many as 4 retainers of various types. Being of the knightly class, players can own horses, and can also have liege servants, which will be modeled, along with possible fealty to other feudal lords. The players will go from a rendezvous point in Europe somewhere to the Holy Land, and in general follow a route of the 1st Crusade, though there might be some variation on this.

Modern--Each player will be a single person, no retinue or additional players outside of NPCs. The players will be from varying backgrounds, without piles of SAS or Rangers or Marines etc......and be thrust into a dangerous situation, possibly in the Sudan, Mali, or Angola.......how they survive, or if they survive, is up to you.

Comment

Voted both for both Crusades and Modern (multi choice poll). I personally feel Modern could be refreshingly interesting compared to normal sword and shield RPGs that pop up like mushrooms after rain. Action in Africa would also be surprisingly fun as I believe we all like the old bush wars for that maximum operating. A well rounded bunch of players with interesting, but not Mary Sue PCs (may they burn in seven hells).

Crusades one would probably be the first time we actually arrive to Holy Land (not counting that amphibious landing), so also a refreshing chance to old.
                  From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                  Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                  "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

Maybe this time we can start in Constantinople for the first Crusade? If we start there, we might make it to Syria!

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                      I would like a modern one set in Africa. There are so few modern RPs.
                      Me too, but it looks like its going the Crusader route.

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                      Maybe this time we can start in Constantinople for the first Crusade? If we start there, we might make it to Syria!

Pruitt
                      Not a bad idea, but what I would really like is one that finishes when we are all dead. Typically, with ten of us involved, there might still be 2 of us left when we get to Jerusalem.

I would want to max-out on retainers, they can be handy.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

The way I'm figuring it, here's a rough idea of how the retainers will work. You can get them one of three ways.

1) Followers. These guys/gals have not sworn fealty to you, and do not have to follow your orders. They are less wealthy that have chosen to follow you on the Crusade.....mistreat them and they'll leave you. These will cost 1/3 to equip as they provide some of their own.

2) If you choose to swear fealty to another lord and follow his commands, he might give you a couple of squires or pages to help you. These will cost 1/2 to equip as the lord provides half.

3) You can equip your own men, in which case they'll cost the full cost of gear, but won't leave you and will follow your commands.

Additionally, you may raise money by selling your lands (you won't have much), by swearing fealty to a lord, by using your lands income alone (everyone will have a small fixed starting amount), by asking others back home to fund you, or by taking a vow of poverty (free upkeep wherever there's a monastery, but almost all loot goes to the Church).

Comment

Now as far as the two front runners go, I'll use the winner, and number 2 will be held for another RPG. But remember, my vote doesn't count, so they're actually within 1-2 of each other right now, and there is quite some time before we start an RPG....I figure a few weeks.

Comment

In the Crusade scenario, can you mix your retainers? I am considering a couple of my own men and as many followers as I can afford. Can you sell your lands and ask around for funds?

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

That's likely what I'd do Pruitt - but while you can sell your lands for cash, asking around for funds likely will have limited success unless you have something else people want to buy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X