No announcement yet.

Tactical Wargame Pre-Interest Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im just trying to get this whole thing straight here because it doesn't make sense. Yesterday the voting had RCW winning 8 to 7 when the polling ended, then suddenly it was extended to try and give it a 2 vote lead for no real reason. Now today we have a tie and have to break it with a vote based upon which side has more music....We're comparing a war that lasted 30 years to the RCW, its like this was comprised to fail.

Comment

I admit when I comprised the poll it didn't occur to me that anyone would try to revoke their vote and I was more than happy to abide by whichever majority fell out.

Having an effective tie of 8 a-piece, I needed some way to resolve it without making the purely arbitrary decision I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Ulrih has highlighted that there are plenty of White songs that I'd previously overlooked, so I suppose that decider is rendered invalid too now. I suppose I could simply refuse to accept revoked votes, but I'm reluctant to ignore someone's clearly stated vote preferences, even retroactively.

What do you suggest?

I suppose I could throw a die?
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Hell you can flip a coin for all it matters, not that anything I say here does since im not the one running this, Im just simply pointing out the oddities occurring in this poll. Like the need for a two point lead when the polling already had a winner. Or the fact that it just seems obvious that in the age of glorification a war lasting 30 years has more music options than one most people don't even know about and most communists don't want you to lol

Comment

It hadn't exactly won then, Pruitt pointed out earlier that all the horses were still close together and someone has to be ahead at any given moment. I decided (arbitrarily) that a two vote lead was clear enough, but at that point we'd been sitting at 12 votes for a bit so I advised that if there wasn't any more movement I'd go with the then-leader.

Movement happened, which suggested there were more preferences to come so I kept the voting open.

I suppose I could do so indefinitely but now that we've opened the revoking can of worms I suspect it's only going to get harder to track.

I'll accept the previous revokes but no more. If we get any votes in the next 5.5 hours I'll gladly accept them as tie breaker, otherwise I'll roll a dice on here - odds RCW, even 30 years.

Comment

I have a solution - run both games

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
              I have a solution - run both games
              Can do - assuming you're good to pay my income instead of my working my day jobs?

Comment

Determined Dice of Destiny

Ok, the tie-breaker full of arbitrariness (but not mine) and on an unrelated note my first use of the built-in ACG diceroller.

As previously noted, odds means the Russian Civil War and evens means the Swedish Intervention in the 30 Years War.

I gather I need to post first, so here goes.

Comment

...first use of the built-in ACG diceroller
                  Not easy that is - tried it a few times, but never got it to work successfully.

I've seen MS do it though, so it is possible.
                  High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                    I've seen MS do it though, so it is possible.
                    You want me to roll Khryses?
                    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

I'd prefer to do it myself, but since I can't seem to work that out... yes please.

1d6, for the poll!

(I'm going to do the rolls during the game behind the scenes anyway).
                      Last edited by Khryses; 14 Aug 15, 04:10. Reason: Ignore the D-roll. I did tell Jeroen to do it (before it randomly decided to let me) so his roll of 2 counts.

Comment

Haha, now we still have a tie.

Your call as GM of course.
                        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

And it's up!

I'll leave this poll open for future reference (likely to go for the option or options that are most popular next time I'm commissioning a game unless something utterly captures my imagination at that point) but for now let's turn our attention to The Lion and The Eagle, where background information is available and a new poll is up to help players pick their sides in the conflict to come.

A subforum will eventuate at some stage (even sooner if Duncan is reading this ) but more information will come onto the interest check about how I'm going to run this. I have the principles in hand, but want to spend a little more time ironing out the details of the critical combat systems and having a brief playtest over the weekend to ensure they work.

Comment

My votes are in, seems like all I did was add to the more popular ones.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X