No announcement yet.

Tactical Wargame Pre-Interest Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No movement yet - and only 9 hours before the Swedes win by default!

Here's a little teaser for your enjoyment:

Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

I'd likely join anyone of them if I'm around at the time, but I'll put a vote in for a Waterloo campaign for sports -

I have been waiting for a long time to put my "advance-from-Lilles-to-Gent-and-Antwerp-to-cut-the-Brits-supply-line-instead-of-bunching-up-on-the-Brussels-road."theory to the test
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

30 years war, since it is way under presented in every media and form. Then Gettysburg of course, and Russian civil war for the same reason as 30 years war.

Could actually help with thirty years war. Some 15 years ago I used to run an RPG on it. Well, until it died like they all do because of the complexity.
        Wisdom is personal

Comment

I'm cool with the 30years war, Gettysburg or Russian civil war.
          BoRG
          "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Well that's a turn-up for the books - the Russian Civil War has pulled ahead once more, at the last minute!

Thanks very much for your interest and support everyone. Since more votes are coming in I'll give it another day until one side or the other pulls ahead by two... or if the votes stay the same, the highest count wins.

Comment

Subtracting my vote from the RCW. I really would love to play a 30 Years War scenario.
              First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Jean kindly pointed out that the RCW now has a decisive 1-2 vote lead (depending on how we count Del's preference).

I can't do anything about this until I get home from work (in around six hours), but if the votes haven't moved in that time I'll probably take that as a result.

Many thanks for your interest, gentlemen

Comment

True to my word, I withdraw my vote for RCW.

Trial by Music it is!
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Trial by Music indeed - for a game without music is a game not worth having.

With Tac and Del revoking their votes for RCW, the polls are tied at 8 each - and as implied, I have indicated I'd break the tie with a purely objective trawl through youTube to determine whether I could find more period music from the Russian Civil War or the Thirty Years War. Partly for background while updating, and partly (as those of you who've played ACW with me before know) because I do enjoy sprinkling it in-thread to get everyone into the proper feeling.

I'll report back in half an hour or so with my findings...

Comment

If Russian Civil War then Latvian Red riflemen troops for me, please, no chance for the whities then

Comment

Reporting Back

The winner of the tiebreak, by overwhelming (musical) majority, is the 30 Years War!

I can find a fair amount of period (and plausibly period) music for the Reds, but almost nothing for the Whites. While in the other period, well...

Interest Thread proper within 24 hours.

I have some rulecrunching to do.

Comment

Continuing a little bit off top regarding music of Whites - basically their music was traditional old Russian songs, Reds came with new ones.
                          Here you go Khryses:

Comment

Thanks mate - now I want to run RCW even more

It'll be a strong contender for next time around, once this has been drawn to a (successful!) close.

Comment

So what we're saying is the Russian civil war won yesterday, but lost today because a war that lasted 30 years has more music. Makes sense.

Comment

RCW and 30 Years War tied. Tac and I both withdrew our votes for the Russian Civil War option. That left it a tie again.
                                First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Snowshoveler
                                  Attack against Saudi Arabia
                                  by Snowshoveler
                                  Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure was attacked by around 10 armed drones by Yemens Houthi rebels and has caused SA to lose half their oil production....
                                  Yesterday, 17:56
                                • hobo9
                                  C-123B
                                  by hobo9
                                  Would anyone know the wheel and tire sizes (NLG & MLG) for the Fairchild C-123B Provider?
                                  Thank you,
                                  P.N....
                                  Yesterday, 17:22
                                • Mountain Man
                                  Here Comes The Gas Gouge!
                                  by Mountain Man
                                  Drone strike on Saudi oil fields...the perfect excuse for another round of gas price hikes. And I'll bet all that "excess capacity" just magically...
                                  Yesterday, 16:30
                                Working...
                                X