WW2 Squad Combat game with a twist interest thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 Squad Combat game with a twist interest thread

I've had this particular RPG for quite some time and I really want to have a go at running a campaign.

The premise is simple, WW2 with superpowers. These superpowers are usually quite limited and thus little is changed about the war. Most of these 'Talents" are still vulnerable to bullets and almost all are vulnerable to ambushes or surprise attacks, as their defenses need concentration to activate.

In this proposed campaign players would be Allied Talents tasked with leading squads of normal troops during Operation Overlord and beyond. Players will have to overcome German defenses and German Talent counterparts to complete their objectives.

I'll run it very loosely, lots of room for people to drop in and out while also being easy to manage.

Anyone interested?
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

One power only?
    "We have no white flag."

Comment

It depends.

There are three types of powers, Hyperabilities, Hyperskills and Miracles. Hyoerabilites are natural features of a character that go beyond the scope of normal ability, Super Strength, Super Intelligence etc etc etc. Hyperskills are tasks at which the character is inhumanly excellent at, Using rifles, fixing cars, close combat. Miracles are the fun stuff, flying, telekensis, blowing things up with your brain and all that hat, the sky is the limit (and then some).

Essentially you can have one normally functioning power that will always work extremely well, or you can have a couple of powers that will always work at a lesser level OR you can have a number of powers that are either very weak or have some kind of downside.

For example, you could be a guy who will always have skin that is as tough as tank armor. Aside to being immune to anything that isn't a HEAT warhead or a 88, he's nothing special. He won't be more accurate with his weapons than any other soldier, he won't be any deadlier in close quarters combat and he won't have any extraordinary abilities outside of combat. He'll still be vulnerable to, say, an enemy telekinetic throwing him up 12 stories in the air so he falls to his death, or a super-strong enemy drowning him or straight up punching him hard enough to penetrate his armor power.

However, for all those weaknesses he'll still be a bloody beast in a fight, wading in with (say) a tommy gun and a sack of sticky bombs, just ignoring all the bullets pinging off him.

On the other end of the scale, you could have someone with the ability to throw molten steel with enough force to destroy a tank, fly and go invisible. However to do so he'll have to spend 3 minutes standing still while spinning around to activate his powers and even then they'll only last as long as he keeps screaming, whenever he has to stop to draw breath he'll go visible or stop flying. So as long as this guy has a little bit of space he'll become a flying angel of death for as long as his lungs hold out.

Comment

Sounds almost as fun as "Dino D-Day."

Comment

Interesting. I'm in of course.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I am also interested.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Does being lucky count as a power?
              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                Does being lucky count as a power?
                Oh yep, it's a very expensive power though, and hinders further development of powers because being lucky in a time like this is simply too good.

I've attached a brief timeline (a free one provided by the publishers) so you guys can get a hang of things.

Clarifying a few things

You will be in command of a squad of non-specials, however these guys will be better trained than your average soldiers, depending on the nationality of the Character you make they could be detached members of the 82nd or 101st airbourne, British Commandos or specially trained international troops (Aussies, Kiwis, Poles etc etc etc). If you have a power that achieves full use away from a squad, such as flying, you will be supplied with an SCR-536 to keep in contact with them.

If you want to have some crazy equipment, well basically anything goes. If you put in the points you could eventually walk around hip-firing a modified 105mm howitzer with deadly accuracy (though you'd have to start out with something like a .50).
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm interested, i will be sending a pm to you soon.

Do we have to stick with units that were actually part of Operation Overlord?
                  Last edited by Frtigern; 19 May 15, 09:35.
                  The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Any allied nationality as of 1944 can be viable.

Comment

To be clear, I'm in! My character has mental powers. Mind and emotion control.
                      "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X