The Mercenaries.....Chapter 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mercenaries.....Chapter 1

'Colonel' Raymond Prescott looks around the wardroom at the assembled faces, inwardly smiling that he put up the sign at the door.....No Weapons In The Wardroom. That and the quartet of Marines enforcing the regulation in the passageway.

"Welcome, gentlemen, to the Midway" he says, encompassing the not quite spacious room aboard the Tsushima-class Light Carrier. "I am tasked with coordinating the activities in this sector, hence our meeting here orbiting Refrak, the sector capital. First and foremost, we're in this business to get paid. And to do the jobs we get paid for. My job is to ensure that jobs are completed, and that contracts are not violated by either side. To that end I'll be holding your fees in escrow, and handling payment. I'll also be hearing any grievances from yourselves or from the clients. And finally, the Federation and the Kingdom didn't pay for my services, or provide me with what you see for nothing. If one of you decides to go rogue, and play pirate on your own, then it's my job to deal with that so the Sector Fleet doesn't have to."

Colonel Prescott chuckles as he takes a draft from his beer with the clink of his prosthetic hand. "But let's play by the rules, what rules there are, and we can all get rich out here. There are quite a few jobs available. You'll find them posted for you all to see."
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Available Contracts, Refrak Sector:

Bonded Courier needed for trip from Refrak to Jonov, transporting 100 tons of cargo. Vig: 25,000

Enforce Maritime Law near Uostroth in dealing with pirates in the spacelanes. Vig: 100,000/Month

Suppress Rebellion on Zatune. Vig: 250,000/Month

Police Action on Jonov, disarming local militias in post-war drawdown. Vig: 80,000/Month.

Comment

I am interested in this bonded courier from Refrak to Jonov run and the Suppress Rebellion on Zatune. What else can you tell me about these missions?

Commodore Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Commander Alidar will do some maritime enforcement near Uostroth.
        The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          Suppress Rebellion on Zatune. Vig: 250,000/Month
          This is the one we would prefer, and are certainly equipped to do. However, we must have a partner in this that we can mesh with in a mutually supportive way.
          Andy and his Infantry would be ideal, but in no way can we deal with that all on our own.

Failing that... we could take this other on one ourselves, if we are free to use our firepower to awe the locals as we see fit. And needless to say, our reports on what is gathered will be accurate to the decimal point.
          Police Action on Jonov, disarming local militias in post-war drawdown. Vig: 80,000/Month.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            I am interested in this bonded courier from Refrak to Jonov run and the Suppress Rebellion on Zatune. What else can you tell me about these missions?

Commodore Pruitt
            The client is not specific about the cargo. Horizon Corporation has several concerns in the sector.

The rebellion is what it is. This sector was elf dominated before the war and is so by the treaty. Certain colonies have enjoyed a bit excessive free reign and the local governor is hiring to suppress these rebel elements.

Comment

The rebellion is what it is. This sector was elf dominated before the war and is so by the treaty. Certain colonies have enjoyed a bit excessive free reign and the local governor is hiring to suppress these rebel elements.
              Oh, great, they will be thrilled to see us coming...

Wait, dominated by, or populated by Elves?

You said the first one so I will go by that.
              We're taking that job.
              However, it looks like a big one with a number of "colonies" involved, so we definitely need other units involved.

Comment

I am in.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I want the freight hauling contract. I can join in on the rebellion bashing after I complete the run.

Pruitt

Comment

Note: once I get home from this long work trip I'll be posting up a schedule of basic expenses that are monthly....like maintenance on your gear..... or consumables. ....like missiles. ...or hiring costs.

Strikes me that it doesn't work to post up the vig for a job without you understanding what your costs are.

Comment

To: Horizon Corporation
                      Subject: Bonded Courier needed for trip from Refrak to Jonov Counter Proposal

Regarding your latest Contract offer of making Cargo Trip to Jonov has received some interest by another parties, We would like to offer you a chance to get high quality courier service in with a cheaper price of 20 000 Credits. We believe that it is a more beneficial to both parties to accept this offering.

Ahzarel Ariensis
                      Leader of Darkline Free Company
                      From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                      Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                      "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

Do you really want a price war? We should really wait and see what the expenses for this run will be.

Pruitt

Comment

There is always competition. The weak, the strong, competition is the way of making sure that everybody knows its place. This aspect is very important aspect of life and it shows up especially in war. After all weak are the ones who die.
                          Mr Pruitt, I think you can agree on that as we both are soldiers. Healthy competition is always refreshing.
                          From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                          Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                          "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

Ever watch the show "Storage Wars" where bidders make sure some other bidders pay way too much for a storage locker? Be careful what you ask for!

Pruitt

Comment

Combat Team Alpha, led by "Max" is interested in the rebellion contract. Our team can do aerial and electronic recon and conduct surgical strikes on specific targets.
                              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X