Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Age RPG Q&A Stuff

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dark Age RPG Q&A Stuff

    Post your general question and answer stuff about the game here so as not to clutter up the main threads.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

  • #2
    Is this before or after the Viking Raids started hitting the British Coast? If there are other ships out there we will have to avoid them or cooperate with them. If the Vikings have been raiding that means the easy targets, coastal churches and monasteries may be gone.

    I get that gold, silver and Slaves belong to the Jarl, but can the individual warriors pick up weapons from battle? I would not mind getting a Spear, a Sword or some Javelins.

    If we see a grain ship, can we grab it to send back home?

    If we go up a river, can we stop and seize horses?

    Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

    Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

    by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

    Comment


    • #3
      Our longship is probably too small to carry livestock. We would need a knarr for that.
      From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
      Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
      "There is never enough firepower!"

      Comment


      • #4
        The British, French, Irish and Germans have trading boats. If we check out a few ports we may see a likely target. Gold and Silver would be the BEST loot, but sometimes you have to take what you can find. A Merchant ship of any kind would be nice!

        A Longship can carry a few animals, but my bet is they would be there as rations and not as booty to take home. They would probably carry goats and sheep.

        Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

        Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

        by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

        Comment


        • #5
          Raids had occurred before 793 but the raid on Lindisfarne in 793 was considered the start of the viking age and pretty much when larger and more regular raiding of the English Isles started.

          Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          Is this before or after the Viking Raids started hitting the British Coast? If there are other ships out there we will have to avoid them or cooperate with them. If the Vikings have been raiding that means the easy targets, coastal churches and monasteries may be gone.
          [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

          Comment


          • #6
            That is pretty much correct. The longship is only big enough for small livestock like chickens and maybe a goat or 2. Primary foodstuffs would probably have been grains, dried or salted meat and as much fresh water as they could carry.

            I'll get specifics on the longship you have access to and post that shortly.

            Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
            Our longship is probably too small to carry livestock. We would need a knarr for that.
            [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

            Comment


            • #7
              Skill Use

              If you want to "test" a skill, depending on the skill just phrase your post as a statement or question and I will roll the check against the appropriate skill. If its not something you have a skill in, you can still test it but the chances will pretty much be a failure although you can get lucky.

              What I want to do is keep this more of a narrative style game so I'll take a post, where applicable, to determine the skill that is appropriate and do the number crunching behind the scenes. The I'll either post or PM the results, again in a narrative form, based on the skill check results and if the majority of the other players could witness it.
              Last edited by Double Deuce; 29 Oct 14, 14:31.
              [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

              Comment


              • #8
                So I could post something like :

                "Snaerr spends the rest of the day practicing his archery.." rather than having him take a nap for three days like I just did,

                and there's a chance his archery skill would improve ?
                Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

                Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have Olav looking for arrow heads and arrow shafts as everyone is wasting time. He will pay for them, but only as much as 12 silver pieces. If he runs into another Fletcher he will consider buying a few arrows. Let me know if anything is available and for how much. There should be a Fletcher or two in and a Blacksmith in this village port.
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                  Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                  by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Seems an easy way to gain skill points though, especially if you're - like me - gone for several days regularly,

                    as long as there some drawbacks and limitations built in, it shouldn't be much of a problem..
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

                    Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                      So I could post something like :

                      "Snaerr spends the rest of the day practicing his archery.." rather than having him take a nap for three days like I just did,

                      and there's a chance his archery skill would improve ?
                      You can add it for color tot he story BUT, rather than track each and every use of a skill and try to manage that for determining skill improvement, each player will get 3 skill improvement rolls per month (game time) for any skill you have (or to open a new one) based on having an hour or 2 each day to practice on them.

                      However, to open a new (don't have yet) skill, another player must be willing to forgo their month's allotment of improvement points to "teach the student". Basically they are forfeiting their skill improvement rolls for the month to train/teach the other player. Also, the teacher must have a Skill Level of at least 40 in the skill being taught.
                      [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        There should be a Fletcher or two in and a Blacksmith in this village port.
                        Yes, there are. I will PM that info as soon as I round it up.
                        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
                          You can add it for color tot he story BUT, rather than track each and every use of a skill and try to manage that for determining skill improvement, each player will get 3 skill improvement rolls per month (game time) for any skill you have (or to open a new one) based on having an hour or 2 each day to practice on them.

                          However, to open a new (don't have yet) skill, another player must be willing to forgo their month's allotment of improvement points to "teach the student". Basically they are forfeiting their skill improvement rolls for the month to train/teach the other player. Also, the teacher must have a Skill Level of at least 40 in the skill being taught.
                          Makes perfect sense, and seems very well thought out, thanks
                          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

                          Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Tac is asking about spearheads and throwing spears. I offered to take him by the Fletcher and ask there. Not sure if I will buy any, but I would like to know a price...
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                            Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                            by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              Tac is asking about spearheads and throwing spears. I offered to take him by the Fletcher and ask there. Not sure if I will buy any, but I would like to know a price...
                              The local weaponcrafter has both long spears (8') @75 silver each and short spears (6') @60 silver each but no spare parts, only completed items. No javelins.
                              [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X