RPG Idea/Anglo-Burmese War spin off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Idea/Anglo-Burmese War spin off

So out of boredom and a little research into the Anglo-Burmese wars I came up with an idea for a little role play style event where said Anglo-Burmese war turns into a wider conflict involving several nations. The general idea behind this conflict being Chinese support of a Burmese attempt to win back territory lost to the British after the first Anglo-Burmese war in the treaty of Yandabo. Burmese troops along with a Chinese expeditionary force launch attacks into north-east India and launch an amphibious attack on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands to eliminate the British garrison at Port Blair as well as launching raids against international merchant shipping in south east Asian waters and around the Dutch east Indies, prompting an allied response from British, French, American and Dutch forces. So feel free to comment if you're interested folks.

Hmm...seems like an interesting concept.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."- Napoleon.

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood"- George S. Patton.

"I will let you see that I was a grenadier before I was a marshal and still am one"- Jean Lannes, Siege of Ratisbon

Comment

Intristing.
      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

the first Anglo-Burmese war in the treaty of Yandabo
        Actually this was the Second Anglo-Burmese War.

1784 the Burman King, Bodawpa invaded the Arakan (mongoloid race which had invaded into Central Burma from China around 1000AD), amidst much slaughter, capturing the last Arakanese King Thamada and deporting him and 20,000 Arkanese - the natives of the Arakan, moslem Bengalis.

Continued harsh repression of the Arakan continued with more Bengali Arakan flooding the Border of British India and finally the appearance of a Burmese Army threatening to take Chittagong forced the British into action. The British performed very poorly in the jungle conditions and gave the Burmese the erroneous impression of a weak power. So began the Second Burmese War in 1815, initiated by the Burmese King but which the British took seriously this time but again with considerable ineptitude taking two years to defeat the Burmese.

The humiliating peace of Yandabo forced the Burmese to cede the whole of the Arakan seaboard which was incorporated into India in 1866 together with Assam.

Naturally this left a very dissatisfied, aggressive Burmese power limited having lost most of its access to the Sea and faced with holding down restive conquered peoples, the Nags, Shans Kachins and especially the Karen.

Good luck - my great grandfather fought in the Third Burmese war of 1885

Comment

No this was the first Anglo-Burmese war, the trety of Yandabo was signed February 24, 1826. Ending the First Anglo-Burmese war which lasted from March 5th 1824-Fedruary 24 1826. Evrything you said is all fine and dandy but you may want to check your dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Scupio View Post
            Actually this was the Second Anglo-Burmese War.

1784 the Burman King, Bodawpa invaded the Arakan (mongoloid race which had invaded into Central Burma from China around 1000AD), amidst much slaughter, capturing the last Arakanese King Thamada and deporting him and 20,000 Arkanese - the natives of the Arakan, moslem Bengalis.

Continued harsh repression of the Arakan continued with more Bengali Arakan flooding the Border of British India and finally the appearance of a Burmese Army threatening to take Chittagong forced the British into action. The British performed very poorly in the jungle conditions and gave the Burmese the erroneous impression of a weak power. So began the Second Burmese War in 1815, initiated by the Burmese King but which the British took seriously this time but again with considerable ineptitude taking two years to defeat the Burmese.

The humiliating peace of Yandabo forced the Burmese to cede the whole of the Arakan seaboard which was incorporated into India in 1866 together with Assam.

Naturally this left a very dissatisfied, aggressive Burmese power limited having lost most of its access to the Sea and faced with holding down restive conquered peoples, the Nags, Shans Kachins and especially the Karen.

Good luck - my great grandfather fought in the Third Burmese war of 1885
            A coincidence- so did mine: Pte James Howells, 2/21 Royal Scots Fusiliers.
            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

So, anyone interested in the spine off idea I had. It would be nice to get some people together to do this.

Comment

Well, I see this whole idea flat lined.

Comment

One problem for an invading Burmese and Chinese Army would be supply. The British Army and huge numbers of Indian Civilians tried to cross into India after the Japanese took South Burma. There were no roads, especially through the mountains. There were some smuggler trails. Large numbers of British and Indians died here. Vinegar Joe Stilwell walked it and supposedly held up better than his young enlisted men! The Chinese also did better than the British due to them boiling all their water before drinking it!

Several years later the Japanese also tried to push an offense through the mountains into India. They failed to bring enough food and ammunition. Loading men down like donkeys did not help. The only way found to supply armies was through air drops. The natives of the region were few and they barely grew enough food for themselves. In this time period many were head hunters!

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

This was just a war scenario, not real. The whole point about this is alternate timeline kinda stuff, not to mention this is mid 19th century not WW2 era, people in that day and age suffered far greater challenges simply to survive, let alone fight a war, but this is portraying an event which never happened, a Chinese intervention in the Anglo-Burmese war while incorporating an American punitive expedition over attacks on U.S. Trade shipping, something that has happened several times in history, it's meant to simply bring these events into culmination with a wider Asian war.

Comment

Well, this is right about the time that China got its butt kicked in the Opium War. I also don't see them pulling this off at all.
                      Challenge the Empire at sea, in the 1800s?

Comment

I'm interested. The disparity at sea makes the game more interesting.
                        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

The fact that China got its ass kicked in the opium wars honestly makes it more likely they would support the Burmese in this and widen the war to get back lost territory from the British, granted the Chinese navy is not one to challenge the British but it didn't stop them in the opium war and it wouldn't stop them here if they actually attempted this, but I keep telling people, this is an alternate history scenario.

Comment

nice, maybe hire a developer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X