No announcement yet.

DVD, The Flogged Flagon (Yap Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh? What in the world are you talking about? The Hessians have been defeated. My casualties aren't serious, but Giso and some of his men are still able to fight. Now I just need to finish them. The original battle is over. Night fell and everyone has withdrawn. I gave the Hessians some pretty heavy casualties for the ones I took.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

• Night fell and everyone has withdrawn.
      Be carefull - the night after battle is the time to mortar up the gates, put an extra 6 feet on the walls and start boiling the oil
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• If I was Giso I would withdraw.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Yes - withdraw into my fortified places, taking everything of worth in with me and harass their foraging parties till they starve or go away.

Welcome to medevial warfare, field battles are just for knights' amusement, the war is decided elsewhere

Comment

• Yep. No need for field battels just harrase till they leave.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• If a foe will not face you in the field of battle it is the duty of those devoted to god to burn his crops and harass his womenfolk till he consents to do battle with ye.
              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• Very true - I heard someone refer to it as the six S's of siege warfare, subverting/scaring, sapping, starving, shelling and storming.

Of course in many cases the defender would be better placed to do all those things.

Comment

• Couldn't decide whether to let Giso stew in his keep and march on or assault the place. I want to make an example of him, but I don't want to be delayed too long.

Comment

• Is whacking Giso important? Is getting to Constantinople in a timely fashion more important? How are you going to handle the Pechenegs? They are a Steppe People and are hard to catch. Just make a plan and stick to it.

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• It's okay, I'm sure the Saracens will wait...
                      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        Is whacking Giso important? Is getting to Constantinople in a timely fashion more important? How are you going to handle the Pechenegs? They are a Steppe People and are hard to catch. Just make a plan and stick to it.

Pruitt
                        Steppe people? Hardly. They fielded large numbers of indantry in their prime. Now they're dying out slowly after being defeated too often.

Comment

• They weren't however known as a people who primarily fought from horseback with arrows. I looked through most of their history and only found a reference in the siege of Kieve. With the number of their armies and the ease with which the Byzantines defeated them I'm leaning towards they were infantry dominant 900s onward.

Comment

• Basically true. The Khazaks and others that beat them were more 'purist' steppe peoples. The Pechenegs had long since started to field infantry, probably for lack of horse and economy purposes. However, by what information Raymond might have, they'd be considered to be similar to the Turk, and the Hungarian Christians might acknowledge that the raiding parties are still predominately horse archers.
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Thought situation indeed for Raymond.
                              From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                              Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                              "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• I'm curious whether he'll decide to storm the place or bring it under siege; the 'works suggest he's going into the long, safe approach, but that could take months - or years!
                                Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X