• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol why?
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
      Lol why?
      You have far too many men to be able to afford it?
      Diadochi Rising Wargame:
      King Pairisades I of the Bosporan Kingdom

Comment

I actually could afford the majority of the journey. Why pay when I don't need to though?

Comment

He just have like ten times the troops I have!
          From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
          Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
          "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

I actually could afford the majority of the journey. Why pay when I don't need to though?
            Impressive treasury!
            Diadochi Rising Wargame:
            King Pairisades I of the Bosporan Kingdom

Comment

I don't want anyone to think that I'm dropping off the radar, my fiance is coming down tonight so I'm having to clean like a madman, which I should have done last night instead of doing the resolution and write up to phase I.

I did the plotting at work when I had a spare moment or two, all that's left is the resolution and the die rolls involved there for some factors, and the write up.

Based on what I've got so far, Phase II is likely to have similar overall casualty figures to Phase I.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

Herbert will understand if Raymond of Toulouse fails to reach the Holy Land.

Not everyone Possesses the wealth and Majesty of a Prince of Hamburg, some are just not born worthy.
                  Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Well not all of us will reach the Holy Land unless we start getting some funding! If you have so much, spread some around!

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                      Well not all of us will reach the Holy Land unless we start getting some funding! If you have so much, spread some around!

Pruitt
                      God favours the strong, if your heart is dedicated to the lord and the cleansing of infidels you will not falter, and food will not be required to sustain you.
                      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

"God wills it" and all that.
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

So that is honeyed words for "no". I am traveling through lands Toulouse has stripped at half rations (I suspect my men are giving away food to the women and children as we travel through) and you are traveling with golden armor. We shall see who God lets into heaven. I am thinking of a parable where Jesus spoke about the rich man and the poor widow. Have you heard of it?

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

A little coordination would have gone a long way, it was certainly within my power to supply the army of Flanders, at least for the first leg of their journey through Lorraine, I still can but I suspect my domain is too far north to be of much use any longer.

Most likely Odo could have done the same, before or even after he sold his lands, for the men marching through Burgundy,

don't know who's in Hesse but none of these are regions especially short on food during campaigning season if certain preparations are made.

Hopefully the battle will pay for itself. Any contested river crossing is bloody for the side who crosses.
                            In a medieval context it may just be impossible if the bridge is fortified, history is full of superior armies being held at choke points for weeks/months/ever.

During the siege of Paris a couple of hunderd men held the Seine bridges against some 40.000 Vikings, including 300 - 400 ships.

Of course from the battle report I'd say an impromptu barricade rather then a true bridge fortress, still if he's able to contest you at every crossing it may be a long way to the Holy Land.
                            Last edited by Snowygerry; 25 Nov 13, 03:35.
                            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Or you could always pay up, with the money you assure us you have in your warchest
                              Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                                Or you could always pay up, with the money you assure us you have in your warchest
                                My warchest is in Venice, along with the rest of my army - guarded by two full companies in rotating shifts, after some bad experiences in the previous run - you may remember
                                Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X