No announcement yet.

Deus Vult Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are correct. Not saying you can't go hunting for longbowmen (I know I did in Deus Vult, but then my character owned Wales so he called it 'recruitment') but you'll pay a bleeding fortune to get each one.

Keep in mind that what you know about the moslems is that their bows are roughly equal to the crossbow (roughly, very roughly), but the Byzantine's Armored troops don't seem to have TOO much of a problem with arrows, so you suspect they're not made to pierce armor like a bolt.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      War Chest: ~80,000
      This is everyone's warchest together? We are still responsible for maintenance of our troops for the whole trip?

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

That's merely a rumor

You all know your individual purses....and yes, you'll be responsible for your own troops care and feeding on the journey. As I said, you can opt to pay (a varying amount depending on the region and such), get donations, forage/steal, or pillage, or a combination of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          This is everyone's warchest together? We are still responsible for maintenance of our troops for the whole trip?

Pruitt
          Well the fourth crusade did not even reach the middiel east. It just commited a crime that needed 800 years before some pop said "sorry" and I don't think they even returned the artfacts they stole. Not including the once they out right destroyed.
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
            Well the fourth crusade did not even reach the middiel east. It just commited a crime that needed 800 years before some pop said "sorry" and I don't think they even returned the artfacts they stole. Not including the once they out right destroyed.
            Hopefully this'll work out better...
            Diadochi Rising Wargame:
            King Pairisades I of the Bosporan Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Anacreon View Post
              Hopefully this'll work out better...
              Your response is in the yap thread.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Surely you wouldn't set out on the first crusade without him now would you

Character Name: Godfrey of Bouillon, Duke of Lower Lorraine and Walbertus of Liège.

Note: The original was a co-op between me and Stratego, he's welcome to join the team again of course so I've included Walbertus as steward.

The rest is an exact copy of our previous effort, toned down a bit from what he actually brought historically because I don't want to be one of the major contributors, and be consequently expected to lead the effort.

Mustering Location: Lotharingia

Fundraising: I will knock on the door of the Church for funding of my master's Holy Expedition + granting city rights to cities in exchange for money + 1/4 of my lord's lands will be sold for money or granted to nobles that wish to join us on our quest.

Route to the Holy Land:Lotharingia - Hessen - Austria - Venetia - we will embark in Venetia and sail to Durazzo - Macedonia - Byzantium.

Further Information: Our forces will be small but professional, the amount of peasants and townsfolk will be kept to a bare minium (squires and retainers for the rest knights only).

Before we set out, courriers have been sent to Venice and Byzantium in order to prepare our crossing in terms of organisation and finances.
                I can elaborate on each point as needed
                Last edited by Snowygerry; 12 Nov 13, 05:00.
                Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Those are supposed to be private as of yet mate.
                  First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Character sheet PM'ed.
                    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                      Those are supposed to be private as of yet mate.
                      Ah - didn't know

Doesn't matter much since it's an almost perfect copy/paste from the first run, where they are posted in a public thread.

What's there would be pretty much public knowledge at any rate, any clarifications Tac may ask will be secretive and devious - I promise
                      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Ok, now that I'm finally getting finished with the player characters and their funds/forces and all that.....I'm finally ready to start taking the deluge of requests for mercenaries.

This will only be for Mercenaries which you would want to meet you at your starting point, or hire from around your starting region. Further mercs may become available later......

You can be as general or specific as you like, throwing it open to any mercenaries to apply, only specific types of units, or a very specific unit is sought out. Keep in mind that you putting out a general call and then turning away those that answer could create a reputation for being a miser and not worth their time.....

In order to save bookkeeping for the battles rather than this stuff, mercs get paid up front for the duration. Once hired their upkeep will mirror similar forces in your own army.....though they may renegotiate the contract based on events (like a devastating loss that shakes their faith in your ability to keep them alive).

Comment

I would be interested in some Heavy Infantry or Heavy Spearmen. I hope I can get some from my cousin the English King. Any decision on my query about re-arming some of mine? I can wait until after I see what Mercenaries show up. It sounds like I am going to need more money!

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Herbert II the Golden, First son of Herbert I King of Hamburg, is taking up arms to bring the foul heathens to the south to justice, the Golden Dragon will rule supreme!
                            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

.....Messengers came to Rome, and to my charge, the chronicler Luther Konig and his fellow monks, that others were gathering their forces to add to the Army of Christ:

To the East, Herbert the Golden of Hamburg, with his father's blessing dist pawn all his lands and ports to the cause, a great treasury thus raised he drew his forces and they wert clothed in radiance and light according to the heralds, the band of the Golden Glaives was spared no possible expense....

The Viscount of Areyvon too, was enflamed with religious fervor. His scheme of taxation and giving to the church caused an uproar of zeal in his lands and throughout, and armed pilgrims flocked to his banner to bolster his smaller force.

In Lower Lothringa, the Duke Godfrey made a complex and successful scheme to raise funding by several methods, and then made the call to all Knights of breeding and quality that would show their face, the heraldry of his camp belies the houses contained therein, and the herd of horses showeth the number of his cavalry...

Comment

"My Lord, we are ready" Said a squire
                                "Good, fetch me my axe" Answered the Baron
                                "Yes My Lord"

As the squire went to get Barons axe as he straightened his leather scale armour. To outsider he didn't look like a baron or a knight or even a nobility. He just looked like a captain of a ship. His leather clothes where stained with salt from seawater with his haubergeon showing under the leather scale, shirt that didn't cover anything under his elbows. On his shoulders where stained coat that had seen too many storms and fights. Only thing which from he could have been recognised as a member of nobility was his leather belt with his Houses sigil as several metallic seagulls where studded to it. With a sword and a two daggers hanging by his side.

The squire returned with his preferred weapon, two handed axe modeled after the known Dane axe that allowed him to keep the distance to the enemy while making sure that they die in few strikes. Baron took the axe to his right hand and straightened his back. The men near him took sharp attention.

"Hear me, men of Holland. You have joined me and our Lords, Dirk V and the Lord in heaven in a journey to other side of the lands known here. To fabled lands of Jerusalem, the lands that we hold Holy. For past 400 years has the Moslems heretics, hold and ruled those land, building their temples of false god there. Our great shepherd Pope Urban II has called a Crusade to reclaim that land from them and bring it back to our righteus control."

He looked at the masses that had gathered to hear his speech to grow, there where hundreds by now. He could see the banners and men of his House, blue seagulls in red background and men in leather scale. He could see banners know and unknown with men he had fought with and fought against, but majority of them he didn't know. But he understood that under the power of our God, even the former enemies could join together in a Holy Mission, a mission from God himself.

"History is written by old wise men, usually years after what has happened, glorifying the people who had fought against enemies under hopeless numbers. Today you have chance to follow me to Holy Land and write that history yourself."

As he knelt, he placed his axe in front of himself and started praying.

"O Lord, thy in heavens. Bless us in our journey to Holy Land, keep us safe from perils of sea and guard us during the long travel thorugh your domain. Give us strenght to prevail in your name and guide us towards victory. Amen"

With one great voice it was answered "Amen". Baron stood up and saw the masses, hundreds of men still kneeling.

"Stand my brethren, as today we shall sail to Constantinople, Jerusalem and the Holy Land"

Baron hefted his axe high in to the air and shouted the old words of his family and the new words of the days coming.

"WINDS GUIDE US, DEUS VULT"
                                "DEUS VULT" The answer rung.
                                From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                                Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                                "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X