Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Murotsu looks at Chris and Revi, along with others present and says loudly "Drink. Need drink! Merrin wait for Lori. She find we KILL!"

Leave a comment:

• andrewza
    replied
    Ok back to ruanpoor then. But we will still keep our word and see this to the end. So if they need us they must just give a shout.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    While thinks in ruanpor are not that great these days, still what are the crews opinion.
    You want your crew's opinion?
    Well, Benny is scratching his head, wondering about all the stuff you left there that might be worth something... but all those Yuan are worth a lot more. his only question is; how long before we all get bored with the new gig. H e wants to stay with them, the money is good and he likes them... except for Rama.

Revy is at a loss... she now realizes that she had come to think of Ruanapor as Home. "Kinda pathetic" indeed... but this time she avoids introspection by being something besides tactless; Do you really think a happy ending is within reach?

Rock is appalled, surprisingly enough.
    Yes, he has been getting along very well with Kotomi, but she plans to leave the planet, of all things! And his time with her in Japan has reminded him of how lame he was back in civilized society. What would he do without Ruanapor, become a Travel Agent?
    Last edited by The Exorcist; 01 Feb 14, 19:13.

Leave a comment:

• andrewza
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Dutch's offer to "stay and see this through" is well received, once they have time to digest that information. Vondonna asks Elvie if she would really rather stay with the sexy PT boat, and now you have your little mascot back. Maybe that's the wrong word, she certainly does not behave like an anime-style mascot would... hence Revy has stopped threatening to fire Elvie out through one of the torpedo tubes. (Mujo actually did fire a live suckling Pig from one of those, it worked surprisingly well, hardly any residue to clean up at all).
    What you intend to do with those 2 Chinese ex-pat ex-mafia flyers is up to you...
    Back to business;
    Damien floats the bill to have your boat flown to Natuna in the hold of an An-124, pretty generous of him, or you can go back to Ruanapor and resume your little gig there. If you go to Natuna, Damien hints at a long-term job that is less lucrative than what you might be used to (err... IF your jobs go as planned and nobody ever betrays you again...) but it does offer the chance to live better, and longer, than would be the case otherwise.

(the FW will be taken care of similarly and the Caribou will be handled by ferry pilots)
    While thinks in ruanpor are not that great these days, still what are the crews opinion.

O and we can let the chinness pilots go in tawian, if they resourceful enough they will figure something out

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    ...Who's willing to go with me on this, to the end, whatever end it is?"
    Bloodthirsty youngsters are all for this.... which makes me wonder, how much of this are you sharing with the Chinese pilots, the Okozakis or the rest?

And, there are questions on the previous page that you guys never answered, I might make up my own answers as I go.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    "I will not let more people die. My world will not end. While I alone cannot stop Merrin, together we all can. I know it" Kotomi tells him. "Also, I want very badly to see Lori's world when this ends."
    This makes Pariah smile, and Damien nod. "We all seem to have ships of one sort or another in our futures."

"I'd agree Lori" Chris says. "Would be quite interesting, and this world is getting too small for a dead cop and sometimes mercenary to hide in anymore. If I survive this, I might just join you, or Sulshanna."
    She blinks.
    "What now? I thought I was some sort of a joke to you. Wrong word maybe, but you surprise me,a lot."
    Kendra too, come to think of it....

Okay, that really is it for me on this thread, got the next one to prep. Go ahead and tie up loose ends here and then tomorrow we get into the final days.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    "I'd agree Lori" Chris says. "Would be quite interesting, and this world is getting too small for a dead cop and sometimes mercenary to hide in anymore. If I survive this, I might just join you, or Sulshanna."

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Chris asks a question to everyone one day back on the island. "This thing looks like it's coming to a head. We've got things to do, and that's not the least of it. Before this is all over, people are going to die, but whatever Merrin's got planned will mean the end of us all if we don't stop it. Who's willing to go with me on this, to the end, whatever end it is?"
    Murotsu's answer is her usual abrupt one: "Say kill Merrin" she says tapping her chest "Kill Merrin! Punji DIE!"

Lori's answer shows her single-mindedness. "It is my duty to support Kasakabe in her efforts. I also intend to return home. For those things to happen Merrin must be eliminated as a variable in the equation."

"I will not let more people die. My world will not end. While I alone cannot stop Merrin, together we all can. I know it" Kotomi tells him. "Also, I want very badly to see Lori's world when this ends."

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Chris asks a question to everyone one day back on the island. "This thing looks like it's coming to a head. We've got things to do, and that's not the least of it. Before this is all over, people are going to die, but whatever Merrin's got planned will mean the end of us all if we don't stop it. Who's willing to go with me on this, to the end, whatever end it is?"

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    To wrap up this long chapter

... and get us started on the next before everyone looses track of all the various threads that got us this far.
    (I think this one will make interesting reading at a later date, but I really need to get this done someday soon!

Dutch's offer to "stay and see this through" is well received, once they have time to digest that information. Vondonna asks Elvie if she would really rather stay with the sexy PT boat, and now you have your little mascot back. Maybe that's the wrong word, she certainly does not behave like an anime-style mascot would... hence Revy has stopped threatening to fire Elvie out through one of the torpedo tubes. (Mujo actually did fire a live suckling Pig from one of those, it worked surprisingly well, hardly any residue to clean up at all).
    What you intend to do with those 2 Chinese ex-pat ex-mafia flyers is up to you...
    Back to business;
    Damien floats the bill to have your boat flown to Natuna in the hold of an An-124, pretty generous of him, or you can go back to Ruanapor and resume your little gig there. If you go to Natuna, Damien hints at a long-term job that is less lucrative than what you might be used to (err... IF your jobs go as planned and nobody ever betrays you again...) but it does offer the chance to live better, and longer, than would be the case otherwise.

(the FW will be taken care of similarly and the Caribou will be handled by ferry pilots)

Chris; It took me a long time to make this post because I have been scratching my head as to how to give you a few paragraphs here... and keep coming up short.
    Paraih tutors you not by making a link that would make it any easier, but verbally and by forcing you to make the intuitive leaps required to bring forth your manna, and to make it do useful things for you. It's anything but easy, you loose 5 pounds in 2 days without any calisthenics involved at all.
    Phaing volunteers to help you by letting you probe her mind or whatever. Being a stranger to the concept of shame, she could care less about whatever 'secrets' you might glean from her. (yeah, that's something a lot of people might say, but few mean and ever since Merrin tried to put the zap on all your heads Kendra has been rather withdrawn)
    Pariah is constantly distracted by the Okazakis. Its not their fault and they seem disturbed by his interest in them... so he asks you to confirm thier auras for him, and then asks Kotomi about them. He seems perplexed... this is one instance where he's not able to tell you any insights or anything else about them or why they interest him so much.
    However, he does seem to relax as the next couple of days go by.
    "The mask is strange, however like what it is pretending to be, after all. The real you is always in there, somewhere."

Lori spends much time trying to track Merrin's movements somehow in the aftermath of the Raid. Even with the help of Rama and Benny you just keep going in circles.... until Lori has what might be the most subtle and successful brain-storm of her career.
    Instead of Merrin, why not try to track those seven minions he created in that dungeon? That's when things really start to come together.

They fanned out in pairs or threes, the exact make-up keeps changing as you watch (its May 10th by the time this all comes up clearly, the day you will leave Taiwan) things unfold. You can follow this because the harder a meticulous mind tries too hard to randomize things, the clearer the pattern becomes. They, all of them, will converge in 2-3 days, on the Gulf of Thailand or the south end of the South China Sea.
    They have been busy; talk of the end of the world on 12/21/12 spikes in their path, Damien's file goes to page one of Interpol's cyber bulletins whle riots and mayhem increase everywhere. And that's not the worst of it.

A hard-copy that you printed out makes the rounds, thanks to Benny's light fingers. Its a report from China's specail Unit 8341, and it states that every known psychic in the world is either insane, in a coma or dead. Revy waves it in Kasakabe's face and bawls "Alright, who the BLANK are you people, anyway?"
    Rama plants himself in her way and challenges Revy; "Oh, who are you trying to kid? You can't read Mandarin!"
    Revy sneers. "I can read this; its the date on this thing, yesterday!"
    Rama; "Oh, well.... yeah, I can see how that might seem a little fantastical..."

You guys can post responses here, or in the next Chapter, I'll be making that up soon.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Sorry Gents, another crazy week.

Judging by the lack of response, I can take it farther forward than I had thought.

I'll set it up for the last chapter tonight, and it will be going at a pretty high rate of speed at that point.

Leave a comment:

• andrewza
    replied
    Well I feel there is no need to leave in rush. I mean this has all been rather intristing and I wish to see it all seen through.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    "Well then, I suggest we get started. Merrin seems to have a bead on the rest of you. If he is actually confused about me that means that I might have an advantage....but he will definitely be wanting to get rid of me early on."
    To move this along, I will say that he will be working alongside you for the rest of the day, tomorrow and the next day.
    His enthusiasm and honesty will increase as time goes by, but the reason for that won't be obvious until later.

Ushio's Parents arrive that evening, and the usual tearful reunion ensues. Well, perhaps not so usual, this is the real thing, this is a tight-knit little family and mom & pop obviously have not slept a wink since Ushio went missing a week ago. In worse shape than the Daughter they crash not long after meeting her at the mission.
    15 hours later (about the time Dutch and his crew will be arriving) they are in much better shape and eager to give thanks to you all. (Lori- they have no resources to contribute, lower middle-class with no real assets) The father is Tomoya, and eletrician/Lineman. Nagisa is simply a housewife... a terribly humble couple, at first glance.
    The thing is, they all live their life with a simple grace that is hard to believe is genuine. Nagisa in particular appears to be the sort of person that starts every day making a conscious desision to kind, gentle and helpful... and never fails to follow through with it, no matter what. Tomoya, unlike 999,999 out of a million men, knows what he has there and is appreciative of it in deeds, as well as words. Ushio is a dead-ringer for her attractive mother, in more ways than one.

I'll give Kotomi a moment here
    (yes, it was worth it, no matter what else happens, it was worth it)

Phaing has been careful to wear a hat since arriving in Taiwan.
    And, interestingly, she is not at all sarcastic with this family. When Pariah is not around, she asks Chris to look at their auras. Unless your gift is malfing on you, they all shine like pearls.

Now that the Black Lagoon crew is here and everyone seems relatively fresh, Damien calls a meeting for that night to talk about their next move.
    Surprisingly, he wants to release Dutch and his crew if they feel they have been well compensated. They can return to Ruanapoor, if they like... but when Mujo says he wants to stay with Dutch, Damien is upset and a little shaken.
    He doesn't seem like himself, in fact, not his old self that Muro, Lori and Kotomi knew, anyway. "Well, I have a big surprise waiting for us back at Natuna, and some important things to wrap up there."
    The kids look as if they know what the big surprise is, and they smile, but as for 'wrapping things up' they have no idea, and Damien is not very forthcoming on that.
    Even more strangely he says he plans to extend an invitation to the Okizakis (the Japanese family just described) to come along... they are not at this meeting atm... so that they can relax at his villa in the hills and get over their ordeal.

(sorry, I just added to the cast of many.... for the last time, I promise! )

Something a little less dark
    Last edited by The Exorcist; 22 Jan 14, 21:10.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    "Well then, I suggest we get started. Merrin seems to have a bead on the rest of you. If he is actually confused about me that means that I might have an advantage....but he will definitely be wanting to get rid of me early on."

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    to Chris; "Then we will need to work on that." And its no small thing, even verbal instruction will take a couple of days.
    I guess Dutch will have all the time he needs to catch up now... and after what you all have just been through, Phaing is the only one that is not in dire need of a couple of days of rest anyway.

To Muro- he sneers at the drugs. "Is there no shortage of addictive chemicals on this planet?"

To -Kotomi; "Play more attention to the heart and less to the head. Your spaceship is not helping much in this matter. I have already told you about the significance of Ruanapor, haven't I. But, I sense that you are close to something... important. Or maybe not, my vision has not been the best of late."

"one thing is certain; Merrin will not wait for you to find him again. Most likely, he will be coming for you."

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Murotsu looks very seriously at Chris. She produces a small vial with a yellow liquid in it like a magic trick and pushes it in front of him.
    "Not lot left. Enhancer. Drink and psi lot stronger."

Kotomi looks at Pariah. "You said this is my battle. What can I do to help?"

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• BorderRuffian
    Polls that oversample Democrats
    by BorderRuffian
    Economist/YouGov poll of July 26-28, 2020, has Biden leading Trump by 49-40

Sample size-1500

Party ID
    Democrat-521 (35%)...
    Today, 08:44
  • casanova
    Robi P.
    by casanova
    The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
    Today, 02:27
  • casanova
    Beirut
    by casanova
    Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
    Today, 00:47
Working...
X