No announcement yet.

Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "the mission is bloody crazy, i am thank full we not going with on the assult, i don't want to end my days in some north korean dungeon."
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• "Meh, if Damien is right about the rest of the world, the place won't be guarded the way it should. But, if he's right about why they have no reason to worry... that's pretty blanking awful, ain't it? Yeah, its not the mission that worries me, its what comes after... what?"

Despite the sunglesses, she caught that skeptical look.
      "Honestly, Dutch, I could take on Revy and Kasakabe at the same time and win in less time than it took me to tell you about it. I may have to prove it before we go, but that means nothing. There might be something sinister behind all this, something that ten of me would not be enough to take on. I mean... does it make any sense that your fellow humans would think up, let alone DO, this kind of crap on their own?"

Comment

• "have seen what humans have done to each other it does not does shock me one bit, we has a specises can be rather cruel. We fear the evil monstors in the closet but the truth is we are the monstors"

(there is awsome quto that says what dutch just said, only i forgot the quto and the speaker)
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
          "have seen what humans have done to each other it does not does shock me one bit, we has a specises can be rather cruel. We fear the evil monstors in the closet but the truth is we are the monstors"

(there is awsome quto that says what dutch just said, only i forgot the quto and the speaker)
          (hey, that works, sounds pretty much the way Dutch would have said it anyway!)

"Haven't you people ever thought about un-blanking your situation? I mean, that's gotta be a pretty miserable way to live. And... there's gonna be a price to pay, maybe a nasty one. Maybe.... aw blank it."
          Not human, but she knows when the conversation is going off the rails.

And, this was the first time you ever heard anyone use the term "you people" to cover everyone on the planet.
          There are barriers, and there there are barriers.
          ... or maybe not.

Its cools off at sunset, as if a storm is brewing, and she goes to change out of the bikini. Somehow she has been keeping her ears hidden, and what she comes back wearing keeps everyone's eyes away from that anyway.
          and speaking of changeable; "So, are we gonna hook-up, or what?"
          Said with just enough of a smile to let you know she's not kidding.

She also seems to enjoy catching people off guard.
          "What? Don't get all evasive on me now. Your not one of the bad guys, or I wouldn't be here in the first place. Now, everyone has too much on their minds to sleep much tonight, and there seems to be a shortage of people who don't think I'm a freak... or who are strong enough to find out. Strong, here" she taps her head. "And here" she taps Dutch's chest above his heart.
          "The question is, how strong?"

Comment

• "Those great men that try to un **** the world end up dying before they can fix all the world problems."

"Well I am strong enough to come our of ranpour with out being a heartliss killing machin."

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

"Those great men that try to un **** the world end up dying before they can fix all the world problems."
              "All of them? Then maye Merrin picked the right place. Hmmm... you, ah... think this Damien fellow's time is limited, then?"
              Originally posted by andrewza View Post
              "Well I am strong enough to come our of ranpour with out being a heartliss killing machin."
              "Yeah... yeah, got a bad vibe from that place. Only there a few hours, but there is something not-quite right there. Not talkin' about the smell, neither."
              Her idiomatic English improves daily, but her accent is still marking her as someone outside the norm.

"And, I had the feeling that I might have to see that place again someday. What about you? Going to take your shiny new boat and find some new base of operations once you have paid it off?... oh snap, forget that, forget me dumb mouth. Let's take a walk before it starts raining, you wanna?"

Comment

• "No one lives for ever. Sooner or latter you got to die." Said in a more humros mannar "Well may be not you freaks"

"It is home, I don't think I can live any where else and it has it's charms. Sure we can walk"

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

"No one lives for ever. Sooner or latter you got to die." Said in a more humros mannar "Well may be not you freaks"

"It is home, I don't think I can live any where else and it has it's charms. Sure we can walk"
                  Lori hears him say this. Because she's already recognized that everyone present has a good idea who and what she is she says this.
                  "I do" she says with a flat certanity. "I will live forever. There are five of me in service currently if we assume that the time dialation does not exist. Even if I die tomorrow my four sisters will live on and Lori will too.
                  Lori IS immortal.
                  Mister Dutch, you really have a poor grasp of what you are dealing with here. I now recognize that you have no concept of who I, Kasakabe, or Sushi really are or what we are capable of."

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Lori hears him say this. Because she's already recognized that everyone present has a good idea who and what she is she says this.
                    "I do" she says with a flat certanity. "I will live forever. There are five of me in service currently if we assume that the time dialation does not exist. Even if I die tomorrow my four sisters will live on and Lori will too.
                    Lori IS immortal.
                    Mister Dutch, you really have a poor grasp of what you are dealing with here. I now recognize that you have no concept of who I, Kasakabe, or Sushi really are or what we are capable of."
                    (So the term you freaks means somthing else in there time line)

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

"No one lives for ever. Sooner or latter you got to die." Said in a more humros mannar "Well may be not you freaks"
                      "Not like you would think. And "freak" does not even begin to cover it. "

Its a bit stereotypical, but its a nice, therapeutic thing, walking along the beach at night... especially after a day like Dutch has had, including last night. She is good company and can follow any sort of conversation... as long as the slang does not get too far afield.

No drama, but you thought there might be a couple of times. people in two's and threes following you or tracking you from the bushes. But, at the very first hint that you are willing to confront them (insert harsh words from Dutch here) they take off running, and they don't stop running until they are way out of sight.

"Holy blank-snacks." (you guys really need to get to away from TV shows like Archer.
                      "Is it you that draws tourists or me? And is it your reputation that chases them away or...." She looks in the direction of the compound, and even in the dark you can see her face go hard and wary. "I don't feel like going back there tonight, how about you?"

And, Dutch can say something, or not, but she will take him by the hand and head inland. She is almost running, so Dutch will have to trot a little to keep up. There is just enough moon to let you see where she leads you;
                      It's one of those Gardens that has a lot of paving an masonry. The way the heat is still radiating from the stone-work, this must be a brutal place to be towards the end of a sunny day. But if you want to spend a night outside, its not bad at all. Sushi must be one of those people who can really see in the dark; she leads you to a grassy knoll that is open to the sky but invisible to the rest of the park.

If Dutch hesitates or asks if she is seducing him, her response is as irreverent as you could want;
                      "I don't do seduction, this is a cult of personality." Sly Wink.

Back at the Compound;
                      Over dinner, Damien asks Lori; "You said you have to be between the radar base and the aircraft to shield them from detection. Now, unless you are thinking of a big detour, the trip from the target to the fuel pad takes us past the capitol and near the DMZ. There are certain to be overlapping stations there. In fact, it might just be bad enough that this trip will have to be cancelled."

Chris and Kendra
                      Afterwards, Luchaan, Zel and Yasmin block your way coming down a hallway. They don't look happy.
                      "Who, and what, is that wench you brought here with you?"
                      And since Kendra is standing right there, its safe to assume that she is not the 'wench' they are talking about.

All Kendra has to say is "Not a fan, don't ask me."

There is no storm in the night, but it loops around right back into you, and by about 10am it will be raining, hard. It probably won't stop for days.

Comment

• "So what's your home like, you said you have been to mine but I know all most nothinh of yours"

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

"So what's your home like, you said you have been to mine but I know all most nothinh of yours"
                          She sits on the grass and gets her sandals off, then stops there since he wants to chat some more.
                          "I'll skip the whole dark past thing... general impressions? Its a bit of a menagerie. All kinds of races and life-forms that would just blow you away... and humans too. Its lovely in some places, just awful in others. Technohaven is like Colorado, got a townhouse there.
                          The wilderness of Mahe' is like a sub-sub tropical Jungle, not so hot as here and lots of rivers. Family vineyard is there, not that the family is anything but me anymore.
                          There is a city called Skulldiggery, its like your Roanapoor, only more so. One syndicate runs it, and they chased me out of town 3 of the last 4 times I was there.
                          Fangore city was... well, its was like nothing I've heard of here, it was sooo ugly. But, it was abandoned generations ago, and I saw it tumble into the sea one morning, good ridance."

She sighs and looks up at the low clouds. "I remember the Palace at Velekia, 200 rooms shaped from the heart of one vast living tree. The Imperial Domicile at Shryock where you could see fish swimming around beneath the glass flooring. The universal stadium at Nastassi, built to accommodate both small folk and dragons, and a waterfall 2 kilometers high spilling out of the Sentinel Spire mountains."

She shrugs, and leans back on her elbows. "I dunno, if there was something that set us apart, I guess it could be called 'honesty'. Not because of innocence, but 12,800 years of recorded history that discredits every lying scoundrel we were ever afflicted with."

She closes her eyes and thinks a moment.
                          "I blanking babble my fanny off when I get too comfortable, don't I? Sorry."

Comment

• "Well a place of honsty does sound lovely I would probaly not enjoy it so much. So if there is so much honsty that means there should be now war. Or are they fought difrently.

So do dragons from where you come look like the dragons that are in our fantsy world.

I am sure in the darker parts of this plant you can find a place like fangore. Has I said where you come there are monstors over here humans are the monstors."

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

"Well a place of honsty does sound lovely I would probaly not enjoy it so much.
                              "It can be blanking rude , just keep an eye on me. Sooner or later, I rub everyone the wrong way. "
                              So if there is so much honsty that means there should be now war. Or are they fought difrently.
                              "What now?" She opens her eyes and sits up. "Are you telling me deception leads to less conflict?" She laughs, and its a good laugh when she is not being scornful.
                              So do dragons from where you come look like the dragons that are in our fantsy world.
                              "You'll soon find out."
                              She shakes her head and thumps his leg with her bare foot. "Do I scare you, too? Well, relax! I don't have 'space' issues and if you touch me, big fella, I won't freak out or turn you to stone. Never bothered to learn that one anyway."
                              She does look a bit restless, the way women get when they think one thing is going to happen, and then it does not. The more things change, the more women don't change, seems like.

Comment

• "So you sort of like the germans"

"Decepstion can lead to less war it all so makes fighting them far easyer"

Looking skeptcaly down at her. "What you going to turn in to a dragon now?"

"Scare me, no you not crazy, just diftrent and I can think of worse things than being turned to stone"

(Is she really hitting on dutch?)

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X