No announcement yet.

Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He then responds to Vodonna's question, even though she's already gone. "I figure we're going to be doing a lot of deprogramming. Damien, if you can't find some shrinks that can do that sort of stuff quietly, I can put in a feeler or two to some ancient contacts of mine and see if a retired shrink can't make their way out here. The brainwashing has been going on for now three generations plus. Assume that everyone will be brainwashed, except the elites who know better. Figure that ninety percent of these kids will need months of therapy at best."

Chris looks at Lori "As for the possibility of the plane being overloaded with passengers, I did the calculations. The weapons won't make the plane too heavy, even with a full load of bodies. But the cargo bay just might be too packed for safety. Can you carry two more in that gravcoupe of yours, in case myself and another operative have to stay behind in order to load all the kids aboard?"
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      Correct... and I thought Benny had one? You can list what you have if you like, might help for later.
      Does Benny want to learn how to use a sniper rifle? I'm a little surprised nobody is going for one of the 4 rather good ones available. But then, you have an ATR.... what type is it?
      I bielfe we have the sniper coverd

Benny never had a gun. He has never needed to use one before but he does have a AK74su in is radio room.

Dutch has SW629 44 revolver on him at all time

Other wepaons are the
      Remtong 12 guag
      FN fal exted barrel, bipod and scop
      12.7mm AMR
      Rpg7
      M79 grenade launcher
      AK74su

We a bit light on assult rifels but we only had 2 shooters before.
      I did not include the ships wepaons or persnal wepaons.

I gues we will take a NTW20 in 20mm that along with our 12.7 and DMR will be more than enough long range fire power since we have only 4 shooters now and some one will need to man the 14.5mm gun

Has for benny, it is never a bad idea to teach him but it would be better if he took over the boat thus freeing dutch to help out with any shooting.

So I will take from you
      NTW20
      RPG22
      SA 18 manpad
      Then you don't have mutch in the form of 7'62mm rifels there. I want my 4 man team to run a common ammo. So could you get say a G3 or FN fal. Para version would be best.

Our assult team
      Mujo(M60 lmg 9mm pistol(any type) M79)
      Elvira(FN dmr, fiveseven grenades)
      Dutch (44. Yet to be purches rifel RPG7. Grendas)
      Revy (9mms, yet to be purches rifel, RPG 22. Grendeds)

We got enough fire power there to really put on a show. Can we get themobarc rounds for the RPGs. Only think we missing is some on to remain on board with benny to man the 14.5mm and use the SA18

While on board the boat
      Mujo(14.5mm)
      Elvira(fn DMR)
      Dutch(12.7mm AMR)
      Revey(20mm AMR)
      Extra hand(RC rifel)

Here we got a lot of accurate long range fire power that will ruin any ones day unless they have a tank. If we attack during low light we will really make our force look bigger than it is.
      Last edited by andrewza; 09 Nov 13, 22:16.
      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

I'm glad to see you doing so, but those smoke-drums are 44 kilos each. Do you plan to use them as bombs?"
        Lori plans on setting one out near the gravcoupe while it is on the ground at the island as a means of obscuring it if necessary. There is no intent on her part to use it otherwise. It is just cheap and effective cover. The same goes for the aircraft while they are down refueling etc.

As for the pistol Lori wants Rama to have a smallish one that is suitable for a female's grip as a self-defense weapon. She wants the silenced one in addition to her own if she needs that specialization as hers is not silenced.

Blades... guns.... yeah.
        About then Mujo and Luchaan go by hauling this thing out to the Van;
        ((this is how it actually looks, that scooter-SPG is just too silly))

Luchaan just smiles and says "Have a nice day, Ladies."
        Both Murotsu and Revi just laugh at them. Revi "Who you calling a lady?!"
        Murotsu adds "Die in heap around!"
        Revi "Get real. That thing is useless against a single person moving even if you can see them. What are you retarded?!"

"Excellent. I hope you can either learn the language in a month, or communicate with your fellow psychics... if there are any functional ones there."

(and, thanks for maintaining the anime side of this, TAG. All the hardware distracted me from that for a while)
        She can probably do some of the later while learning at least enough Korean (Lori gives her some Recramoral drug to enhance learing it, something used in the future for accelerated learning). So while she may not speak good Korean it should be possible for her to speak it well enough or at least some useful phrases to fool someone temporarily...
        Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 09 Nov 13, 22:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          "If it comes down to it, bad is bad. I'll understand if none of the rest of you can kill a kid, it's not something that you long to do. But a few years in the African Bush kind of make you at least accustomed to the occasional necessity. If it comes down to that, I'll do it myself." Chris says. "But we agree that 'option B' so to speak is something we do here, not there. We're not going to be picking and choosing which of these kids is too far gone until we have a chance to study them. I'm certain Damien will be able to find a number of tranquilizer guns and suitable sedatives to knock a subject out for several hours. We go in planning to put all of them out, and if we don't have to we count it as a bonus. But I want all of them restrained, at the least as soon as they get on the plane. We can't risk one of them screwing the pooch for all of us."

Chris then gives a very hard look to everyone in the room. "But there is one more thing. Something that each of you needs to ask yourself. That is 'am I willing to kill a child to keep my team alive'. If the horror stories about the Norks are true, we could take active and deadly resistance from people we'd consider mere kids. If that happens we WILL HAVE TO KILL THEM. It is a difficult thing to do, I'll never forget the first time that I had to put a bullet in the chest of a kid....I had just made entry and he emptied half a mag from his AK in my direction. I think I stayed drunk for the next week. But we can't let feelings get in the way of our mission. We're on a shoestring as is, each one of you will have to be f***ing frosty. Cold as ice. If you can't do what needs to be done to accomplish the mission, I'd advise you to ask Damien if there's something else you can do. Anyone on my assault team will be expected to do whatever needs to be done to get the subjects out, and kill anything that gets in the way. We all go in, we all come out. No questions, no excuses."

Chris is standing there, hands on the hilts of his twin revolvers, suddenly looking less like a sometimes mercenary and cowboy, and more like the cold-hearted bastard of a soldier and leader that Damien had heard about before.
          Kasakabe turns and looks at him. Anyone can see the maleviolence in her eyes. "Kill all!" she sneers.
          Revi with one of those thousand yard stares adds "They're all dead already; they just don't know it."
          The two do a fist bump still staring at Chris. It is clear they are more than ready and willing to kill every living thing they encounter...

Lori on the other hand can't completely comprehend why Chris' statement was even a necessity... She just chalks it up to humans needing to vent, something she learned dealing with them in her own time but still doesn't fully comprehend.
          Also, anyone Murotsu cuts with a blade is going to be rendered incapacitated virtually instantly and if she ups the dosage they'll die in under an hour with no possibility of recovery from poisons she can treat her weapons with. This is done via a micro-electronic system in the blade that adds the 'poison' to it as she decides.
          Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 09 Nov 13, 22:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            Chris is standing there, hands on the hilts of his twin revolvers, suddenly looking less like a sometimes mercenary and cowboy, and more like the cold-hearted bastard of a soldier and leader that Damien had heard about before.
            If you are looking for an argument, you won't be getting it from Damien's people or the Black Lagoon gang. If anyone had something to say, it would be Kotomi, but see below for something even more disturbing and relevant.

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            "I figure we're going to be doing a lot of deprogramming. Damien, if you can't find some shrinks that can do that sort of stuff quietly, I can put in a feeler or two to some ancient contacts of mine and see if a retired shrink can't make their way out here. The brainwashing has been going on for now three generations plus. Assume that everyone will be brainwashed, except the elites who know better. Figure that ninety percent of these kids will need months of therapy at best."
            Damien goes even more stony and cold than the earlier discussion made him. "This is where we are truly out of our depth. My little group and our connections cannot handle this sort of traffic, nor the exotic nature of these people. We have to turn them over to some organization that can deal with them, but I have no idea-"

Kotomi flares up, for the first time almost anyone here as seen the bookish scientist violently upset.
            "What the blank are you talking about?! You just said that all the intelligence services would take advantage of them instead of helping them, so who the blank are you going to hand them all off to as if they were stray Cats? Who, the Vatican?"

Damien was hefting a grenade as if he was thinking of throwing it at her, but he stops and gets all thoughtful. "Actually, that might not be the worst idea in the world."

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            Chris looks at Lori "As for the possibility of the plane being overloaded with passengers, I did the calculations. The weapons won't make the plane too heavy, even with a full load of bodies. But the cargo bay just might be too packed for safety. Can you carry two more in that gravcoupe of yours, in case myself and another operative have to stay behind in order to load all the kids aboard?"
            "Whoa... thats only a 2-seater, and too vital to land unless its an emergency. If it comes to that, there is always the magical Elf and her 'overworld' stuff."

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
            I bielfe we have the sniper coverd

Benny never had a gun. He has never needed to use one before but he does have a AK74su in is radio room.

Dutch has SW629 44 revolver on him at all time

Other wepaons are the
            Remtong 12 guag
            FN fal exted barrel, bipod and scop
            12.7mm AMR
            Rpg7
            M79 grenade launcher
            AK74su

We a bit light on assult rifels but we only had 2 shooters before.
            I did not include the ships wepaons or persnal wepaons.

I gues we will take a NTW20 in 20mm that along with our 12.7 and DMR will be more than enough long range fire power since we have only 4 shooters now and some one will need to man the 14.5mm gun
            Sounds like doubling up for little benefit
            Has for benny, it is never a bad idea to teach him but it would be better if he took over the boat thus freeing dutch to help out with any shooting.

So I will take from you
            NTW20
            RPG22
            SA 18 manpad
            Then you don't have mutch in the form of 7'62mm rifels there. I want my 4 man team to run a common ammo. So could you get say a G3 or FN fal. Para version would be best.

Our assult team
            Mujo(M60 lmg 9mm pistol(any type) M79) We don't have a M79
            Elvira(FN dmr, fiveseven grenades)
            Dutch (44. Yet to be purches rifel RPG7. Grendas)
            Revy (9mms, yet to be purches rifel, RPG 22. Grendeds)

We got enough fire power there to really put on a show. Can we get themobarc rounds for the RPGs. Only think we missing is some on to remain on board with benny to man the 14.5mm and use the SA18

While on board the boat
            Mujo(14.5mm) the quad?
            Elvira(fn DMR)
            Dutch(12.7mm AMR)
            Revey(20mm AMR)
            Extra hand(RC rifel) the only extra hand we can let you have is Rock, you want him back on board? He's kinda anti-gun
            Thermobaric rounds for an RPG?
            Thats a new one on me. There is a shop there, but I never heard of such things for such a small round.

Who would like to join the classroom for Korean lingo?

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

As for the pistol Lori wants Rama to have a smallish one that is suitable for a female's grip as a self-defense weapon. She wants the silenced one in addition to her own if she needs that specialization as hers is not silenced.
              Rama's Shorty is a pump-shotgun that he has strapped to his leg like Zoe did with her faux-Winchester. Its so short it only has room for 2 rounds in the magazine, he has 3 in because he uses the shorter rounds. And he has some exotic rounds.
              "Should I leave this behind then? Might get in the way, you think?"

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Both Murotsu and Revi just laugh at them. Revi "Who you calling a lady?!"
              Murotsu adds "Die in heap around!"
              Revi "Get real. That thing is useless against a single person moving even if you can see them. What are you retarded?!"
              Mujo; "Hey, its Dutch that wants this thing (he still does, right?) so what's the-"
              Luchaan; "Fine, you start coming at us from 500 yards away, and we'll see who is still talking tough at the end of it. I'll be your slave for a week if you can even get close enough to touch us."

"I'll take that bet."
              He turns to see Sushi standing there, and Luchaan the resident tough-guy grimaces and mutters "Just stay the hell away from me." and nods to Mujo. "We got work to do."
              They go on pushing the cannon away.

She just shrugs, and then smiles at Revi and Kasakabe. "I get that a lot. You?"
              She's looking at both of you.

Comment

• Wha do you mean littel benfit. You can never have to much firepower.

You don't have a m79 but I(black lagoon) does.

Yes the quade.

Rock might blow the ship up with the recoils rifel. O well we can drop the NTW20. The 50cal is enough.

The Russian armed forces have developed thermobaric ammunition variants for several of their weapons, such as the TGB-7V thermobaric grenade with a lethality radius of 10 metres (33*ft), which can be launched from a RPG-7. The GM-94 is a 43*mm pump-action grenade launcher which is designed mainly to fire thermobaric grenades for close quarters combat. With the grenade weighing 250 grams (8.8*oz) and holding a 160 grams (5.6*oz) explosive mixture, its lethality radius is 3 metres (9.8*ft); however, due to the deliberate "fragmentation-free" design of the grenade, 4 metres (13*ft) is already considered a safe distance.[31] The RPO-A and upgraded RPO-M are infantry-portable RPGs designed to fire thermobaric rockets. The RPO-M, for instance, has a thermobaric warhead with a TNT equivalence of 5.5 kilograms (12*lb) of TNT and destructive capabilities similar to a 152*mm High explosive fragmentation artillery shell.[32][33] The RSgH-1 and the RSgH-2 are thermobaric variants of the RPG-27 and RPG-26 respectively. The RSgH-1 is the more powerful variant, with its warhead having a 10 metres (33*ft) lethality radius and producing about the same effect as 6*kg (13*lb) of TNT.[34] The RMG is a further derivative of the RPG-26 that uses a tandem-charge warhead, whereby the pre-cursor HEAT warhead blasts an opening for the main thermobaric charge to enter and detonate inside.[35] The RMG's pre-cursor HEAT warhead can penetrate 300*mm of reinforced concrete or over 100*mm of RHA, thus allowing the 105 millimetres (4.1*in) diameter thermobaric warhead to detonate inside.[36]
                http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermobaric_weapon

Dude it the russians. They make choppers big enough to carry the chinook.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• For the RPO too?
                  Oh yeah, we want that stuff... just gotta figure a way to get it w/o anyone noticing where it went.

You see, the bulk of what we have here was skimmed from larger shipments or taken from bad-guys on raids. Deliberate orders like this need to be handled just right to avoid the paper-trail problems.
                  So, we might get it in time, or we might not.

BTW- the only thermobaric weapon on had now is that 1700-pound Glider bomb that would just use normal gasoline. Oh, and the 80 pounds of Aluminum dust might be useful of anyone wants to try making one of their own.

Comment

• Rama can bring the shotgun but a light pistol is an excellent back up piece and Lori says so. "Carry it."

Kasakabe laughs. "Amateur! So sure, so stupid!"
                    Revi just adds " morons! Why do I even bother? I need a drink! You in K?"

Comment

• "Revy play nice. We all have our own persnal choices. And don't bark at me you know I prever guns. Did I not buy you that watter proof assult rifel not to long ago.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Revi just adds " morons! Why do I even bother? I need a drink! You in K?"
                        "You ain't the only one. What do they have worth drinking around here?"
                        Sushi might be looking for a fight, or something else. Hard to tell with that one.

She glances back at Dutch, "You coming, big fella, or do you not fraternize with the grunts?"

Comment

• "Tell you want i will even pay"

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                            "Tell you want i will even pay"
                            "Now your talking!"
                            She slips an arm around his and is ready to step out right then and there. If the other girls want to tag along, that's fine too, but she's not really concerned one way or another.

To Dutch; "Thanks, I didn't really want to go to the Dojo or whatever to get the pecking order sorted out. What's your pleasure?"

There are 2 nearby choices; a place on the beach that is borderline dead, its that mellow. There is that dive inland where the Girls were last night. They sometimes see rough trade there.
                            Other than that, this being a mostly muslim place, there ain't much. Its only mid-afternoon, so you have time to borrow some wheels and check out the far side of the island, where things are fast & loose and nothing like a Cop ever goes.

Comment

• (revey may be to much for the place on the beach, so lets go there)

"there was this place on trhe beach i spoted."

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                                "there was this place on trhe beach i spoted."
                                "Oh, feel like a swim?" She is still wearing a bikini and sandals, a gauzy thing wrapped around her hips is her only concession to public standards or anything.

Its a nice spot, the sun is behind you this time of day and its not horribly hot so near the water. If you don't treat her like an oddity, Sushi is glad to return the favor... which is a nice change of pace for Dutch in this part of the world.
                                She drinks a Singapore Sling without any concerns about how that might look to the few tourists here, and takes a quick dip in the water before coming back to the table and drip-dry on the rustic porch. Then she gets down to something serious.
                                "So, what do you think of all this? The mission I mean, not these people... could talk about so of them all freaking day!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X