Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leave my boat? You got to be crazy. No I will try to slip away. No one that has seen my boat has gotten away to report it apearance. Any case I can out run any hostil patrol boat. If push comes to shuff we can do a high speed run to south korea dumping the wepaons on the border and deal with there courts. At least they will not shoot us after a show trial if they wait that long.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

    CPO Mzinyati

    Comment


    • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      Leave my boat? You got to be crazy. No I will try to slip away. No one that has seen my boat has gotten away to report it apearance. Any case I can out run any hostil patrol boat. If push comes to shuff we can do a high speed run to south korea dumping the wepaons on the border and deal with there courts. At least they will not shoot us after a show trial if they wait that long.
      Well, you can be over 100 miles away by dawn, and from there anyone looking for you has to deal with an ever increasing list of variable headings.

      But even with that burst of speed, you won't be able to make it to Taiwan that day, or probably even the next. That turbine gulps a lot of fuel. If there is somewhere you can fuel up on the coast of China... but that would require a little back-story to justify it. Or you can head down to the Ryukus and look up the same disreputable folks that topped you off on the way up here. But that course would take you so far from Taiwan that you'd never make it there before the rest of the gang was long gone.

      Comment


      • As soon as the aircraft are wheels up Lori heads the gravcoupe out for Taiwan. She is going to drop Murotsu off there to guard Kotomi when she arrives. Lori specifically tells Muro not to kill anyone or do anything that will either alert Merrin to her presence there or get the authorities involved.
        Her looking Chinese should blend her right into the locals.

        After that, Lori and Rama head home where Lori immediately starts collecting data on the N. Korean facility they were at as well as specifically tracking Merrin now that she knows where he is.
        One thing in particular she is now looking for is demonstrations of psionic powers by not just Merrin but by anyone at that facility.

        Comment


        • Nah we only need one burst of speed and then sail like we have nothing to hide.
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

          CPO Mzinyati

          Comment


          • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            As soon as the aircraft are wheels up Lori heads the gravcoupe out for Taiwan. She is going to drop Murotsu off there to guard Kotomi when she arrives. Lori specifically tells Muro not to kill anyone or do anything that will either alert Merrin to her presence there or get the authorities involved.
            Her looking Chinese should blend her right into the locals.
            Right, and since Kotomi will be getting there after the rest of the group coming from Guelop-Ri, I need to do a little catch-up here.

            After Sushi finishes her story, which only a few of the people on the airplane both understood and paid real attention to.... a 12 year-old Japanese girl that is one of the 20 you just rescued. At her age, she does not know much English, but she can write a little (must be enrolled in one of those better schools) and after a little bowing and polite words that nobody can understand, she hands a note to the person that seems to be in charge, or at least seems to be the steadiest one at the moment.
            And that would be Chris.

            "I am Okozaki Ushio." (last name first, as is the case with Japanese) " Are you from Kotomi?"

            And that's when the frantic messages start flying.

            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            After that, Lori and Rama head home where Lori immediately starts collecting data on the N. Korean facility they were at as well as specifically tracking Merrin now that she knows where he is.
            One thing in particular she is now looking for is demonstrations of psionic powers by not just Merrin but by anyone at that facility.
            Very well, but understand that it will take time. It took a long time to piece together that base in North Korea, and now that its gone it won't be much help.

            You arrive at an old airfield on the northeast corner of Taiwan, and are met by Dannon (the most economical cruising speed of the FW-190 is considerably higher than that of the Caribou) and the Catholic Missionaries. All but two of them are Chinese, and they are astonished at how many kids you have brought them... and how good their condition is. For the first time the 4 Korean kids are spoken to in their native language, and for the first time they speak, a little.
            The most thorough indoctrination in the world tends to break down a bit when they subjects are treated like livestock by their own side.

            Its the talk among the missionaries that is more disturbing;
            "They got them out of North Korea?!"
            "This may be too big to keep quiet."
            "Do we really want to?"
            "I don't know... could be the best way to stop a war."
            "North Korea gets clobbered by China, why would we want to stop that from happening?"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
              Nah we only need one burst of speed and then sail like we have nothing to hide.
              That's fine, but it means that you will be getting to Taiwan 2 days later.

              TaC needs to give us something before we move on from here, and it could be a big post from him when he does.

              Comment


              • Well, its been a week now, and I put out a good bit of material there for you to respond to.
                TaC... anything from you?

                The Raid group has a time to kill before Kotomi shows up, but she will be here soon.
                And if she does not have it, Ushio has the # to her parents phone.

                And, sorry to say, the Boat cannot possibly get here in less than a day or so, that's something I can't fudge.

                Last edited by The Exorcist; 01 Jan 14, 20:31.

                Comment


                • Eek....I'll get on it this afternoon after work....
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                    Eek....I'll get on it this afternoon after work....
                    That's fine.
                    I did say something about a Xmas break.
                    Oh, and that YouTube Clip is the one that comes closest to my idea of Merrin's true appearance.
                    We can cal it something in common from the nightmares people have been having.

                    Comment


                    • Murotsu and Revi want to know who is holding things up so they can kill him...

                      Comment


                      • Chris looks at the little girl. "I've heard of her, but she didn't send me, no. Think of today as an answer to prayer for some, and penance for others. I just marked out some of the red in my ledger, and I'm glad that I was able to rescue as many of you as I did. I'm only sorry I couldn't check to see if there were more of you to save back there."

                        ---------

                        Chris comes off the plane behind the children, making sure they're all off. No longer in his full battle gear, he's left his sub-gun and heavy armor and grenades behind for his idiomatic pistols, duster, and hat....putting his face into shadow as he glides down the ramp to the inattentive missionaries. Walking up behind their hushed conversation, Chris listens for a moment in silence before introducing himself.

                        "I assure you it would be an exceedingly stupid and fatal idea for any of this to get out." he says matter-of-factly.

                        Startled, the missionaries stare at him and try to regain their composure. "Are you the one in charge here?" One asks.

                        "I'm the acting commander of this outfit. My employer is temporarily unavailable."

                        "And why would we want to keep quiet about this?"

                        "Because those are kids. Some of them might be a bit different than others, but they're all children, and deserve a chance at a normal life. You go talking, you'll deny them that. If one government or another doesn't come take them from you, it'll be the media. Or something far worse."

                        "What's Worse?" One of them asks, curious.

                        "You don't want to know. Suffice to say that the precautions I'm taking right now are to avoid any risks. I don't take them where children are concerned. And you should keep that in mind. Because if someone takes risks where these children are concerned, it was my employer that made these arrangements.....and that someone wouldn't be dealing with my employer any longer."

                        "And just who would they be dealing with then" an older nun states, her hands on her hips, chin in the air.

                        Chris raises his head enough that she's staring into his eyes, blue chips of pure icy hatred....and a smile that barely tugs at the corner of his mouth as he simply says "Me".

                        One of the other missionaries intervenes. "So, what do you want us to do?"

                        "Quite simple" Chris explains, instantly switching to a charismatic air, "what's already been arranged. Take the kids, take care of them, quietly let them grow up and live their lives." Chris hands the man a phone. "It's a burner. Number's programmed in. If you're under duress or attack, tell them to call, or you make the call." He also hands the man a slip of paper. "Email Address. If you need to get in touch for something, send an email....don't mention the kids....anything will do, and I'll check up on you or get in contact...whichever I feel will suffice."

                        {The Phone number goes to a second burner phone....not that Chris will ever answer it....but he'll periodically turn it on and check missed calls....the email address is set to forward email to a dozen other addresses, one of which Chris will check to see if he's received an email....not lingering to read it for content.
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Chris looks at the little girl. "I've heard of her, but she didn't send me, no. Think of today as an answer to prayer for some, and penance for others. I just marked out some of the red in my ledger, and I'm glad that I was able to rescue as many of you as I did. I'm only sorry I couldn't check to see if there were more of you to save back there."

                          ---------
                          "More of us?" She looks around. "Did you have more planes?"

                          From the mouths of babes...

                          Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          "Quite simple" Chris explains, instantly switching to a charismatic air, "what's already been arranged. Take the kids, take care of them, quietly let them grow up and live their lives." Chris hands the man a phone. "It's a burner. Number's programmed in. If you're under duress or attack, tell them to call, or you make the call." He also hands the man a slip of paper. "Email Address. If you need to get in touch for something, send an email....don't mention the kids....anything will do, and I'll check up on you or get in contact...whichever I feel will suffice."
                          This mollifys them, or at least appears to.
                          But that old Nun is not having it. She starts to march up the cargo ramp. "We'll just see about that!" and is confronted by Vondonna with a knife in her hand. Some of you might have a heart that skips a beat, she still looks pretty rough, but she simply points at Chris with that knife.
                          "What he said."
                          And of course, there is the care-free and charismatic Muro to back Chris up in her usual, charismatic way.
                          Bluster is no use here.

                          Even so, its likely that in the fullness of time, the full story will come out. That's just hot it goes.

                          And, of course, there is the Japanese girl that is being held back from the missionaries, as per Kotomi's request.

                          Now, we can move along a bit.... but I don't see if Kotomi made a phone call to Japan yet. We can play that out or her arrival first.


                          And Damien will be alright. His wounds were not life-threatening, and there are Doctors among the missionaries. He wants to hire someone else to fly the Caribou back home, and take a chartered jet back. Everyone could use a break from flying around like WW2 Commandos, that is for sure. That would put us even farther ahead of Dutch... "Perhaps a nice, relaxing boat-ride?" is Phaing's tongue-in-cheek suggestion.

                          Comment


                          • Chris looks at the now shocked nun quizzically. "V, I think she understands the gravity of the situation. You do, don't you ma'am?" With a small nod the nun comes back down the ramp. "Very well....we can get on to more important things then. Some of us must be going....so that others can make their arrangements to leave." Chris helps them load the kids up on whatever transport they've provided.

                            Going back to Damien, who's patched up in the 'Bou, Chris gives him a report "Well, a few of them didn't like my terms, but I think I got my point across. Those kids will have a chance. Which is a sight better than I thought they'd have."

                            Damien chuckles, and then regrets it as he's racked with a cough. "I think I'm done with ancient propeller planes for now." Jokingly, Chris pats the side of the old bird "Now now, he didn't mean it like that. You just don't come with a drinks cart yet." Another chuckle...and cough.

                            Back to being serious, Chris asks "Who do you want to work out a jet with then? I presume you have some history with a charter company. Maybe one of your operatives can handle those arrangements? I can always see if our intrepid pilot has any ideas of someone that can be his second....and getting us some semi-legitimate cargo so they're not too suspicious. Maybe paint....I'm thinking of a new color scheme for my bird, something that'll go well in Africa." Another chuckle....and cough. "You should try to avoid humor...it doesn't settle well with you." Chris remarks before going off to find some of the other members of the team...to work out arrangements and disassemble the MGs inside and stow them away as 'cargo'...to reduce the suspicious nature of the plane.

                            {If someone wants to approach Chris and talk about the Merrin situation, now wouldn't be a bad time}
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                            Comment


                            • Murotsu appears seeming out of nowhere next to the nun (she is faded and still has her thermoptic suit on). She has a large blade out semi-menacing her.
                              "Take care children or Owato come" she growls in a serious voice. "No like Clan come. Do right. Know will."

                              She turns and looks at Chris with a I want to kill something grin "Kotomi here?"

                              When told no she waves her hand at Chris indicating the two of them. "Get drink. Talk Merrin."

                              Comment


                              • "Sounds good. Know where I can get a decent Whiskey around here? I could use a drink before we start working on how to deal with that problem."
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X