Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    "I don't think the Elf thing is a disguise" Chris remarks, "or at least it's one she's been using pretty consistently for months. As for the rest of us, yes, the reports have me as Chris. However, since I'm well out of their jurisdiction, my real name is Nathaniel Ryder. Just don't mention that loudly in the US or you'll get some curious looks....I'm already dead."
    "And sorely missed, no doubt." He smiles, and then pauses. "I think I may have heard of you... was it you that put an end to that Serial Killer in Peru, or made the Trawler disappear in the Baltic?" (one for two, even this guy can't keep up with a well-concealed career like yours)
    He snaps his fingers and motions Sushulana forward. He brings his hands up but asks "May I?" before examining her ears.
    "If your the head-honcho around here, I guess you will anyway." She shrugs indifferently.
    "May I?" Damien repeats impatiently, staring straight into her witchy eyes.
    "Um... sure, go ahead."
    He flips her hair back and gives her ears a quick examination. "Prosthetics don't have a pulse." he mutters and steps back. "It may give you some indication of how things have been here lately, when you find out that a living Elf is not the strangest thing that has crossed my threshold." he says to both her and Chris.
    Sushulana is a bit miffed, this guy is way too hard to impress. She rolls her eyes and goes over to Kendra. "Just wait until this guy gets a load of Merrin."
    Kotomi was standing 10 feet away when she said that.

Letting that sink in a bit he turns straight towards Damien "I heard about your little operation back when I was running around in uniform and out. You might know me better by my callsign, Wyoming. That was the one I was beating around Africa in, though I don't know if your family ever took a vacation there to deal with the sort of issues you deal with out here. If you did you're good at keeping quiet, I have some decent informants scattered around that continent. As for why I'm here, you'd have to ask her" He points to Sulshanna "I was minding my own business when she hired me. Or rather the Feds were trying to pick me up to interrogate me about a job I had done months back when we helped each other out. Kendra, she's actually a normal person, that was what the commotion in Romania and Moldova was about, getting her out of there since the Feds decided that America wasn't a place for that type of interrogation."
    "So, you are all wanted?" He nods slowly, glancing around." Well, every sanctuary has a limited shelf-life, does it not? Something to remember, if you ever go into retirement. Another thing to remember; plan ahead."

"Oh, that's semi-retirement for me. You might be familiar with that Church of mine, but I have tried to be hands-off with that one for years now. My real calling has been a sort of rescue service this last decade or so." This confirms what Chris was probably suspecting already.

The young Indian woman he called Vondonna steps up, nodding at the plane. "So, you claim right of salvage with this stolen bird? Good, that means we don't have to get into this with Tuan, you get that worry. If he knows it was you, that is." She smiles and winks, a dazzling change in her features, when she turns to Damien, "And we all know how Pops loves to barter. Hmmm.... this leaves us with only Free Birds, Executive Outcomes and these Black Lagooners available to us for moving stuff this year. Will that be enough?"
    Damien gives her a look, and she stops talking right there.

Looking over the weapons and gear under the tarp, Chris comments to Damien "Didn't really know what was here. And I'm not exactly a pilot, so I'll take any landing that doesn't turn into a fireball to be a good one. Though I suppose some new parts are in order. Maybe some trading?"
    Damien nods right away. "In exchange for the Semtex, I'll have a crew brought in from Laos and parts sent up from Singapore to fix this thing up like new. And... I may want to hire you for some long-term assignments. Something that would cover more than just your B&B here. Shall we talk about it over dinner?"

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    Sorry for delay. Black laggon crew can stay NPCs.
    Which makes them mine to RP.
    TAG, you did a great job with Revy, but be mindful of taking people who are not yours on too long of a romp.

Walking to the bar he sat alone with a nice Heineken. A comostion caught his eye. Revy once again failed to understand the term subtil and don't **** of the locals. Makeing a mental to speaker to her tommorow and to get her head ach tablets.
    Well, the saving grace in this case was that Aussies are not locals here. In fact, you get few tourists here, only the sort that want to see something that nobody else ever bothers with.
    Back-packing pot-heads, in this case.

An example of what you were given as walking-around money during your stay here; 20 ounces of Silver, with a third of that in US small coins ( A Dime will get you a couple of Pints of the best beer here, a silver dollar and change will get you a 12-speed bike, ect) plus a gold 25$ piece, a 1/4 oz Krugerrand and a Mexican 2.5 Peso (1/16th oz)

And, since Dutch showed an interest in looking in on Revy with aspirin in hand the next day-

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Revi wakes up the next day. She holds her head. “What the happened last night?!” One of her pistols sits on the bed next to her empty with the slide back. She picks it up and looks at it.
    Then she turns to see Kasakabe is asleep in the bed right next to her. She explodes. Shoving Kasakabe she shouts “Hey wake the…”
    Kasakabe has a blade at her throat. “Nice or DIE!” she growls at her. “No do anything” she says flatly to Revi. “What think?! Ask first! Yummy, ask first!”
    Revi ignores the blade and gets up. There is a small frige nearby. Looking inside she finds it stocked with canned beer. “Want one?”
    Kasakabe shrugs and nods.
    “By the way what’s you name anyway?”
    “Kasakabe…”
    Its probably safe to open the door, and you know the Nippon-looking assassin's name now.
    Revy will be very glad to see that you have the medicine, the other one is just too hard to read... and you have something else to occupy your mind anyway, Dutch.
    You may or may not have Rock along for this meeting, its up to you. I could see Dutch keeping Rock from spilling the beans any earlier than this. The thing is, Revy and Kasakabe both missed what happened to Eda... the part where Damien accused her of being CIA and then blew her away as she was going for her gun.
    Tough call on how Revy will take the news, but the fact that she has a new drinking partner in her bed could be a positive thing...

There is also the possibility of a job in North Korea, which is way, way beyond what you have been called on to do in a good many years. Dutch would normally shrug off the idea of a job like that, but there are 2 things to think about; You new boat, and the possibility of recruiting one of these killer kiddies into your crew, a trip like this would be perfect for testing out either item.
    The other thing is that, for some reason, you have been remembering how that nazi on the radio-phone was laughing in your ear, not so many months ago.

(hopefully, I will have your boat up on the main thread tonight)
    Last edited by The Exorcist; 23 Oct 13, 20:24.

Comment

Chris gives Damien a knowing smile, just one professional silently respecting another. "I might have had some business in those parts before".

He glances at Vodonna. "Ordinarily I'd return borrowed merchandise, but seeing that the thief is no longer with us" Points to a body being wrapped up in a tarp "and I doubt the former owner would be very willing to listen, I'll claim salvage right over the plane as her payment to me for the flight. Should keep everything kosher in that respect, I don't go off stealing people's kit for no reason." He looks at Damien and then back to her, giving a hint that she did say a bit too much. "What sort of movement were you talking about? I've worked with Executive Outcomes before here and there."

Walking with Damien, Chris listens to his offer and gives a bit of a counter. "I saw no less than fifteen hundred pounds of Semtex there. In addition to the parts and a couple of crew, I'd like the girls to have their room and board, so I don't have to worry about them. I'm sure they'll find other ways to earn a keep or some walking around money. That still keeps it quite a bit under wholesale for the Semtex. And I'd prefer just a couple of crewers, a mechanic and someone that can be copilot. Keep it minimal, so we don't have any of those (points to Eda's corpse being carted away) problems. As for the other equipment onboard, you can have first pick. But if you're talking about me working some interesting jobs, I'd also need some more interesting bits of gear. Seems that a former owner of my plane had done some rigging for a bit of armament. I think that getting the weapons and installing them would be a bit necessary in case a job got very interesting. As for all of that, we can discuss it over dinner. Along with the job. After all, we're both professionals, and I have the sneaking suspicion that some of the jobs might be made much easier for both of us if we had a mode of transportation that boasted enough firepower to make a local warlord or police or garrison commander shy away from interfering if need be. Even better if it was on a plane that otherwise seemed innocuous, and wouldn't attract the attention a traditional 'warplane' would." Chris turns and looks at the bird, taking in the lack of obvious military design, as he and Damien walk away.
      Last edited by TacCovert4; 23 Oct 13, 19:08.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Damien told Lori to take care of the gardener.
        With her usual curt answer she did. “Understood.”

She went to find the gardener after first stopping by hers, and now Kotomi’s quarters to get some things.
        Kotomi tells Vondonna “You have to see this!” (Lori manipulating the gardener). “You’ll never believe it otherwise.”
        The two find a place to hide and observe from, waiting for Lori to show up.
        “You need practice” Lori says her scent giving her away as she walks up behind the two surprising them. She is dressed like an American college co-ed tourist might be.
        “You can stay and watch but there are two conditions. You tell no one what you see and you do not follow us when we leave please.”
        She walks outside and up to the gardener. He stands and bows slightly to her and they exchange words. Lori places her hand on his cheek and the other hand on his arm. After a moment she leans in and kisses him.
        The gardener stands limp, jaw slack staring at Lori. She puts a finger on his lips and closes his mouth. Talking to him for a minute the two then turn and leave with Lori leading him along by the hand like a little kid.
        The two go to his beat up automobile. They get in with him driving and leave the estate.
        “Where do you think they are going?” Kotomi asks Vondonna.
        “No idea but I’d bet he’s not coming back; ever! I know Lori said she could do something like this when we first met and has hinted at it since but that was amazingly quick!”
        “She did it to me when I first met her. You can’t resist her. I know I tried!” Kotomi tells her.

The two drive into town and park about a block from the gardener’s spy master’s office. Lori plies him with sweet nothings and promises of eternal love. Sitting in the parked car Lori hands him a large caliber revolver.
        She then tells him his boss, Suparman Yudhoyono, is all that stands between their happiness and love, being together forever. She works him into an angered frenzy over this.
        “I will kill him dead for this insult!” he exclaims.
        “He must die for us to be together” she emphasizes. She then gives him a small sweet pill putting it in his mouth. “A sweet for my sweet” she says giving him another small kiss. “It is time for you to kill Suparman.”
        He professes his love getting out of the car. She says she will await his return.
        As soon as he turns the corner and is out of sight she gets out of the vehicle and flags down a pedicab.

As she gets in she can hear gunshots. She tells the driver to take her to the estate and he circles around and zooms away.

Less than fifteen minutes later Supraman Yudhoyono is dead. The gardener too from both being shot and from the poison pill (an untraceable compound that breaks down in a short time designed to evade detection in the 56th century) Lori gave him.

The driver drops her off at the gate. She goes and finds Damien. He is talking to Vondonna and Dutch. The three see her approach and stop their conversation.
        “Mister Damien, the gardener is eliminated as a variable. His handler is also eliminated as a variable and their data resources have been erased. Their network is in disarray. I compute it will take at least two months for them to recover. Nothing can be traced to you or us.”

Vondonna in mild shock thinks In just under an hour she wiped out an entire spy ring! And I thought Kasakabe was the dangerous one! Lori takes that to a whole new level!

That night in their quarters Kotomi asks Lori about what she did.

“I was just thinking about how you did that to me when we first met…” Kotomi starts to say as the two watch a video cuddled up on a plush couch.
        Lori softly cuts her off in an apologetic voice. “I was designed and manufactured to perform that function. I know how that must sound to you even now knowing who and what I am.
        Mister Damien was correct. The gardener was a spy and had to be dealt with. We both knew that for some time.
        I carried out my orders and eliminated him and his network in such a manner as to prevent quick replacement and to ensure that we did not come under any suspicion of having a part in it.
        In your case Kotomi Muro and I had just arrived on this world and in your time under suspicious circumstances. You were the only connection we could identify immediately. As we needed information and you had identified yourself to us we interrogated you. We had no intention of harming you and only wanted to find out what you knew. Does that answer your question?”
        Kotomi shakes her head affirmatively.
        Lori hugs her whispering “You really are a wonderful person.”
        “I’m sorry Lori, it’s just I have been so scared lately. I really do love having someone who understands me and my work to talk to. I’ve never had that before and I don’t want to lose you.”
        “You are safe. Muro and I will protect you.”
        “Who will protect you?” Kotomi asks looking concerned.

A silence follows. The video is the only sound.
        “Can I ask how you do it?” Kotomi says breaking the silence.
        “I can produce a natural aphrodisiac as part of my body chemistry. I am immune to its effects. I can apply it by touch, kiss, or tears. All humans and human analogs are susceptible to it.
        I will not give you the details of the rest of my actions with the gardener. Those are a military secret. Suffice it to say I made him my puppet.”
        Kotomi hesitates a moment thinking. She quietly asks “Lori, have you ever used that on me since that time in Chile?”
        “No” Lori replies trying to not sound mechanical about it. “If I had you and I would not enjoy the relationship we have. Your mind is strong enough that you would, and did, recognize what I had done and after the effect wore off I am positive you would hate me for having done it.
        Oh, do be careful. My tears always contain that chemical so if you touch them you will be affected.”
        “That’s a bit sad that you have no one who can wipe away your tears…”
        Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 23 Oct 13, 21:47.

Comment

"What sort of movement were you talking about? I've worked with Executive Outcomes before here and there."
          "People, for the most part, and quickly over long distances. And... other things. I switch carriers often for the usual reasons."

Walking with Damien, Chris listens to his offer and gives a bit of a counter. "I saw no less than fifteen hundred pounds of Semtex there. In addition to the parts and a couple of crew, I'd like the girls to have their room and board, so I don't have to worry about them. I'm sure they'll find other ways to earn a keep or some walking around money.
          "Not a problem, I was thinking along the same lines. They seem competent.... but, what can they do, exactly?"
          Unsaid is the obvious question; What did they do ?

That still keeps it quite a bit under wholesale for the Semtex. And I'd prefer just a couple of crewers, a mechanic and someone that can be copilot. Keep it minimal, so we don't have any of those (points to Eda's corpse being carted away) problems. As for the other equipment onboard, you can have first pick. But if you're talking about me working some interesting jobs, I'd also need some more interesting bits of gear. Seems that a former owner of my plane had done some rigging for a bit of armament. I think that getting the weapons and installing them would be a bit necessary in case a job got very interesting. As for all of that, we can discuss it over dinner. Along with the job. After all, we're both professionals, and I have the sneaking suspicion that some of the jobs might be made much easier for both of us if we had a mode of transportation that boasted enough firepower to make a local warlord or police or garrison commander shy away from interfering if need be. Even better if it was on a plane that otherwise seemed innocuous, and wouldn't attract the attention a traditional 'warplane' would."
          Eda's body will serve a useful purpose. We deliver that to Tuan and he won't make too much fuss about what happened to his aircraft, especially not if he knows Damien pulled the trigger on her. The shock alone will keep him from asking too many questions.

"Well, 'Chris', lets think of a scenario; you have immunity to radar and are making a deep incursion into North Korea to pick up a few dozen people. How does that grab you?"

As far as Dinner goes, its soon obvious that you guys are too tired to talk much. As usual, the weirdness started for you well past Happy hour, and sunset feels like the end of 2 long days.

"Why don't we leave the complicated stuff for tomorrow? Lets have what is called a working lunch, all of us. And I do mean all... looks like half my other guests are off somewhere in town."

--- Lets get the Dutch/Kasakabe/Revy scene in town taken care of before we go any farther with the rest of this. See above for those details---
          Tonight would be good.
          Last edited by The Exorcist; 24 Oct 13, 20:24.

Comment

Just a note OOC:

Which makes them mine to RP.
            TAG, you did a great job with Revy, but be mindful of taking people who are not yours on too long of a romp.
            I tried to keep my use of Dutch to an absolute minimum. Benny and Lori are likely to interact more with the electronics and computers, I have a deep background in those areas.
            Revi and Rock only to the extent I have to. If you want more control there say so.
            We probably should discuss how we are going to write things up for this too.
            Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 24 Oct 13, 22:45.

Comment

I'm thinking of a meeting where we can all get together in a chat-room to help get a lot done in one day rather than a week of this sort of back & forth.

Like we did for the fight in Cheung Chau and the whole thing with Pariah.

Is there a time this weekend when we can all get together?

And as Kasabe, you can go ahead and post what you would say to Dutch as he comes in and starts passing Aspirin around, and tells you about what happened the day before.

Comment

(I am time zone 2 at sleep around 1159 so work around that time zone).
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

South Afirica is about 12 hours ahead of me time-wise. (US Pacific time right now). I'm available tomorrow and all weekend right now.

Am I to understand Dutch walks in on Revi and Kasakabe in the morning?

Comment

Knocked first.
                    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Sorry for usurping Dutch for a minute for this. I tried to minimize him and make a response you could use Andrew

Dutch opens the door to Revi’s room. “Revi you in there?” making it sound more like an order than a question.
                      Revi is standing by the fridge, beer in hand. The Asian woman Dutch saw on the pier is sitting on the bed with a beer in one hand a large blade in the other. Neither is wearing much more than their underwear.
                      Revi looks like she was run over and definitely is hung over.
                      “You sure moved fast on that one Revi!” Dutch says deadpan looking at Murotsu.
                      “Shut the up Dutch! Whata ya want?” Revi growls taking a long gulp of beer.
                      Murotsu’s perscomm starts to chime softly. She digs around in the sheets and retrieves it. A small holographic display with Lori in it pops up. “Kasakabe, you need to be at the main building in at ten hundred hours. ACKnowledge.”
                      “KK. Be there Lori!” she answers. The hologram disappears.
                      Both Revi and Dutch are looking at her. That got their attention.
                      “Just where the are you from?” Revi demands.
                      “That’s a good question” Dutch adds.
                      Murotsu points up and flatly saying “Etibarän Ral Rantha. Bari Mariposa.”
                      “What’s your name?” Dutch asks, well demands.
                      “Kasakabe” Murotsu answers in a snippety voice.
                      “Well, Miss Kasakabe, explain that to me in English. Benny says your partner hacked his system a while back and that little performance on the pier yesterday. Just who are you two; and I better like the answers!”
                      Murotsu sits clearly thinking for a moment. “Let ask okay?” she says using the perscomm to call Lori.
                      The hologram reappears.
                      “Lagoon want know us. Okay tell?” she asks.
                      “I will do it. Enlarge the display” Lori replies. The hologram grows so Lori is about a foot tall in it.
                      “Hello Mr. Dutch, Revi. Those are your preferred names correct?”
                      The both acknowledge that.
                      “I am Lori Sixteen and with you is Kasakabe. Since you will certainly find out who we are I will tell you right now. Oh, please do not tell Mr. Okajima or Benny what I tell you. I am enjoying toying with the later. He is very upset I will not show him how I got into his system.”
                      “Yea, I noticed” Dutch says.
                      “Who are we. Kasakabe and I are residents of the planet Mariposa in the Factory Rock system in the Crucis Margin sector of this galaxy. That is about three hundred and fifty light years from here. I am originally from a world called Ginshar and Kasakabe is from Durne in the Ral Ranthan Empire.”
                      Revi starts laughing spraying beer as she does. “That is the biggest load of horse I have ever heard! You to want us to believe you’re Aliens?!
                      “Shut up Revi!” Dutch says. “How can I believe that? You have some proof of what you’re saying. I mean that is some stretch to buy that story.”
                      “How do you explain the hologram you are looking at? Kasakabe show them what your blades will do.”
                      Kasakabe gets up and goes to the fridge opening the door.
                      “This oughta be good!” Revi sneers laughing “Whatta going do, open a beer with that?” Dutch just watches.
                      Kasakabe takes a moment then with a massive blow sheers the door off its hinges with the blade. It topples over onto the floor.
                      “Use, you DIE!” she sneers at Revi.
                      !” Revi half shouts in surprise.
                      “Okay, those are pretty good, but you’ll have to do better to convince me” Dutch says.
                      “When you are done there Mr. Dutch if you would please meet me at shed number two. Miss Rebecca can join you if you wish. I will prove it to. Until then accept what I am telling you please.”
                      “Fine. I’ll meet you there in a few” Dutch replies.
                      “Oh, Revi. Damien killed Eda yesterday. He found out she’s CIA. Thought you should know.” Dutch turns and leaves.
                      Revi is clearly stunned and says nothing.
                      “Who Eda?” Kasakabe asks still holding a blade up.
                      Revi gets another beer out and gulps most of it down. “Nobody” she sneers though it’s clear she’s disturbed by what she was told. “Nobody. Stupid ! God CIA!”
                      Revi looks at Murotsu.
                      Murotsu gets out two more beers opening them and hands one to Revi. “To a most glorious death!” she says tapping Revi’s can.
                      Revi nods. “ straight!”
                      They both smile at each other.
                      “So what’s in that shed…?”

What's in the shed... It floats about a foot off the ground...

Comment

The evening before the big meeting.

The driver drops her off at the gate. She goes and finds Damien. He is talking to Vondonna and Chirs. The three see her approach and stop their conversation.
                        “Mister Damien, the gardener is eliminated as a variable. His handler is also eliminated as a variable and their data resources have been erased. Their network is in disarray. I compute it will take at least two months for them to recover. Nothing can be traced to you or us.”

Vondonna in mild shock...
                        Had to switch it to Chris since Dutch is out drinking.

Damien stares at Lori in disbelief.
                        "You what?" And its time for a face-palm. "Its my fault. I should have been clearer, I really should have." He looks up and smiles at Lori. "Two months, eh? Thank you, violence in the workplace can be so inconvenient, even to spies. Have a good night."

He turns to Chris once she has left. "Well, that shows you a preview of the oddness we have been dealing with here. Lori sounds a bit robotic at times because she is a manufactured being. As far as I can tell, in the future they gave up trying to make mechanical people and made people mechanical in certain ways... something to do with the unbeatable superiority of the human mind over circuitry. She's actually more human and more alive in important ways than most 'people' you are likely to meet... but, as you just saw, hints and non-verbal communication are not her strong suits."
                        He pours himself a stiff drink, and Vondonna continues for him;
                        We knew the Gardener was a spy, a minder working for the Indonesian Government. This island is technically their territory. We have been using him for years to feed false, useless our out of date information to our "hosts" to keep them thinking that the Heretic is all but retired. Now..." she looks to Damien. "... 2 months?"

"Could be. But before that, we might have a couple of Inspectors coming around to talk to the most dangerous man know to be on this island; yours truly. I'd better be here when they show up. That makes North Korea a problem, maybe. Or maybe I should just stay here anyway, see how you do on your own this time."

He takes her hand and looks to Chris.
                        "I need to bring you up to speed on the situation here. The Govt in Jakarta knows who I am and they turn a mostly blind eye to me here on the conditions that I keep the riff-raff out, and I keep the airport in good repair. My reputation does most of the first task, and the 2nd costs me nothing but a couple of young locals with wire brushes and paint and one old fellow with Roundup. Indonesia benefits by not having to put a garrison in the hotly contested South China Sea, and the fine runway would allow them to land a Battalion of troops here in a mater of hours, just in case.
                        A mutually beneficial relationship, but all good things must come to an end."

You are in the Trophy room previously described, and Chris is free to pour himself a drink. Kendra and Sushi (Sushulana was too long for the kids, and I'm afraid that tag is going to stick) have gone to see what the last unoccupied guest bungalow is like and will crash there... but if Benny or Rock would like to wander in at this point, they are free to do so.

"I make my fortune partly from the gun-running network, and partly from a treasure-trove my late wife showed me too in Myanmar years ago. I have 3 Spitfires left, all still in the crates. If you know anyone that would like them, please let me know... if they are discrete, that is.
                        "My main focus since before the turn of the century has been destroying child-slavery rings and liberating their victims. We ran out of targets about the same time you went to ground. Things are not what they were here, my wife and Vondonna's twin and a clever young lad named Nin were killed in a car wreck the week before Christmas... you are hardly seeing us at our best here."
                        He does not seen concerned at what you might think of his current arrangement, he wasn't even looking at Chris when he said all that.
                        "Still, we have much to do. I need to know, what it was that made Pariah give you that card, and you need to tell me about those women you brought with you." At this point, his eyes are focused straight at you and silently demanding the simple truth.

Comment

The Shed:

Lori shows Dutch and Revi the Gravcoupe. It sits floating about a foot off the ground. She opens it up.
                          “This is vehicle is called a ‘gravcoupe.’ she tells them. This one is an Isotta S4. It is the equivalent in the fifty sixth century of a Ferrari on this world currently. If you would like Mr Dutch, or you Revi I can take you this evening to this world’s moon and back. We can even land there if you like. The trip will take approximately three hours to make.”
                          She points at one of the steel plates that was shot up using the laser carbine. It has been modified to give it a minimal armament. That steel plate there is what the weapon mounted can do at one thousand meters.
                          Mr. Dutch, is that sufficient proof? I will leave it to your imagination how I got into Benny’s primitive computer system. If Mr. Okajima wishes a ride I would be happy to give him one. Mr. Benny will have to wait a bit until I have had my fun with him.
                          Also, let me add one more thing. While Kasakabe is as human as you or Revi are, I am not. I am a synthetic human analog and have the equivalent of a built-in organic super computer in my cellular structure. I know that you would have discovered that I am manufactured from someone. It is better that I just tell you.
                          One more thing. I automatically react very badly to certain words about my nature and appearance. It is… built in, shall we say. Please ask some of the others about this so you can avoid triggering me.”

Revi the whole time just stares at it. Finally she utters “!”

“Would you like to go for a ride tonight?” Lori asks.

I’ll leave Dutch’s (and Revi’s) response to that to Andrew.

Comment

Chris listens to Damien, and pours himself a Scotch, which happens to be one of the better whiskeys in the cabinet.

"Hmm, I do say, I like your arrangement. And I agree with your methods. Never had the connections or money to try anything like this myself." Chris ponders a moment "Sulshanna I can't speak for, I don't know much other than I think she is an elf, and she helped me out of a tight spot which she might have caused. Oh, and don't **** her off, I'm not sure how she does it but she has some things that we'd call witchcraft, and they work. Now Kendra, she's probably more normal than any of us. Good shot, no combat experience to speak of, but still a decently cool head for a civilian."

Chris sets his glass down half-sipped and folds his hands in front of him. "As for me, things got weird after Peru. I picked up a souveneir on my return trip, and it was taken. Out of my truck. By some...thing. Never heard of anything like it being in the works when I was in the black world, only evidence I had that it even existed were some marks, like claw marks, in the bed of the truck. Went about my own business and stayed under the radar like I always do before a gaggle of Feds showed up one night and Sulshanna jumped in with some well-timed distractions. Offered to hire me to protect her for a couple of days, good rate, so I did. Things kind of moved on from there."

Chris throws back the last of his Scotch and looks at the two. "You mentioned a North Korea job. What sort of work are you trying to do behind that caged madhouse? Last I heard, their air defense system was ancient, but it's as dense as rock, and they're none too friendly towards outsiders. Or even insiders for that matter."
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

"Revi thinks for a seconded. There is now way you aliens. You look like bloody humans, aren't you supposed to be grey with big heads and eyes or some thing like that?"

Dutch walks over the Gravcoupe and rechs out to touch it. Half hopeing it was cardbord. Feeling that it is very much real he turns around. "Ok say what you saying is true, why are you here?"

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

"Revi thinks for a seconded. There is now way you aliens. You look like bloody humans, aren't you supposed to be grey with big heads and eyes or some thing like that?"
                                Murotsu starts laughing. "You funny! Stupid funny!"
                                Lori looks at her more seriously. "I suggest you stop watching the fiction that is put on various media here. Have you seen the movie Paul;?. That is more likely our fate should a major power catch up with us."

Dutch walks over the Gravcoupe and rechs out to touch it. Half hopeing it was cardbord. Feeling that it is very much real he turns around. "Ok say what you saying is true, why are you here?"
                                "We are not completely sure at this point" Lori says. "In part it appears due to another alien presence here who is best left unmentioned. I will call him nemesis for the purposes of this discussion.
                                I believe he is somewhere in North Korea and his purpose is the destruction of this world as you know it. I currently have insufficent data to produce a complete analysis.
                                I think that we were drawn here, three thousand six hundred and nine years into our past, to assist you in some way of defeating this nemesis. As I understand this situation it is you, the humans of the planet Terra, who must ultimately defeat this enemy. We can only assist you.
                                Kasakabe has been attacked and tested seriously four times now by him. Each time he has told her to stay out of this affair.
                                As for me, I think he is incapable or only partially capable of detecting my presence and actions due to my being synthetic. I am almost totally immune to espers. That is the correct term?
                                That is why we are here.
                                Kotomi Ichinose's role in this is she is capable of detecting our, and our nemesis' presence. She is also of sufficent intellect that she may find a way to send us home. That is our ultimate purpose here. Kasakabe and I wish to return to our own time.

You can assist us in this. If you choose otherwise we only request that you tell no one. I know that you will honor that request.

I will offer you this as incentive and payment:" Lori opens a small metal case. Vapor trails off the edges. There are a number of small vials inside it containing a clear liquid.
                                She takes one out and shows it to Dutch and Revi.
                                "These are anagathics. They retard aging making you virtually immortal. I take one of these a week because of the nature of my synthetic biology. They are required for me to remain functional.
                                For you they represent a nearly eternal life of youth. I have offered these to Mr. Damien and the others here too. Miss Ichinose and myself can produce more of them now. Think about that before making a decision on them.

So, Mr. Dutch, would you or Revi care for a demonstration of what this vehicle can do?"
                                Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 25 Oct 13, 17:41.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X