Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    "Yeah that was a bit much for a bunch of lowly smugglers. We best check on the chopper crew. Don't want them biting us in the ass."
    Revy is already on the way, tossing aside Elvie's AKSU on the beach.
    "You still in the mood for prisoners?"

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    "Benny there not much you can do other than sink them. And it a bit of a waist. Let them run off we do not have much time before our guests arrive."
    "Roger that, I think I see them coming now."

((And, I have to halt you there until we get the team there.))

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    Chris yells back to the team, and all the kids. "Strap in, it's going to be a bumpy ride. TAIL GUNNER! STRAP IN! STANDBY FOR RAMP IF WE NEED YOU!"

Chris hops into the co-pilot's seat. "Ok, ready for some fun? We're going to show those Migs what this plane was made for. Keep it on the deck, and as fast as you can. We're going nap of the earth in a plane that can out turn them low and slow."
    This is where you might loose Dannon, so she goes back to IR goggles and just follows you, about a Km. behind and about 50-100 meters higher.
    This has an unexpected benefit;
    In no time you are approaching the inner defenses of N. Korea, and one broad valley has come to life bigtime. A couple of Militia 37mm guns open fire on you. Kendra does the best she can with the 14.5mm to suppress them, but the real killer is when the FW-190 dives in for a quick burst and they all go dead.

Chris has a bad moment, and a crash-course in evasive manuvers when a 57mm AA gun ahead of you opens fire. Instead of little yellow streaks, its big orange balls coming at you... but you are far too low for such a heavy gun to draw a bead on you. Kendra, on the other hand, has no trouble filling that gun-pit with lead.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

“Mr Damien the Aliens (the word is an insulting pejorative scatological term for her when used as she is doing) have been annihilated. Any additional ones will be as well. Continue your withdrawal.”
    Chris can answer, Yuan-Ti is busy flying and Damien is getting patched up.
    Since no PCs are in the cargo bay, I won't got into what's happening back there.

Murotsu looks at Lori in disappointment. “That too easy. No fun! Want real ride!”
    “Another time” Lori replies still using her ‘pilot voice‘. “The mission must succeed.”
    Well, there are two more pairs of fighters coming at you, or rather, into the right area... other fighters are scrambled but those other jets.... jeez.

Rama has long since filled his bag and wants to know what you want him to do with it.
    He scans the screens and shakes his head. NONE of the other fighters seem to be in the same fight, some of them are not even heading for the right province. And, one suddenly vanishes, it either flew into a mountain or was downed by more militia with old flak guns.

Those two pairs we talked about before are still coming, and with IR as well as radar-guided missiles, there is a chance they might find something to lock on to. If they get a chance, you wil find that their missiles have double the range that analysts thought they did.

Comment

• As they lumber over the terrain (a lumber is about as good as a Caribou does in the air) Chris brings up the weapons. No reason Kendra should have all the fun with him having twin 20s and rockets from the co-pilot position. "Next one that opens up, line the crosshairs on their ass, and I'll do the rest." Chris says to Yuan-Ti. "Good job cranking it there....probably filled some barf bags. Next time I want to give them a reason to evade."

Chris hears Lori on the radio "This is Wyoming, we're egressing." Then in the clear, since there's no way the 'bou is hiding, Chris transmits one more bit of misinformation. "Thanks for the assist Raptor two, you're clear for Winchester. Raptor six, you're clear to engage"....trying to make the Norks think that the American 'stealth fighters' are tearing them out of the sky.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Lori slows the Isotta at a bit over 2 km and allows Murotsu a moment to dispose of ‘things’ before continuing.

“Only two of the four approaching Aliens are threats” she says with certainty.
        “Moving to eliminate.”

The Isotta shoots forward climbing rapidly as Lori puts it into a miles long curve ending with her plummeting down on the two fighters from above and behind at over a kilometer a second. As she pulls into firing range again she brakes the vehicle with massive gee forces just as she whips it upside down to give a better view of the targets in the aiming holodisplay.

At a range of about 1.5 kilometers she begins systematically slicing the MiGs apart spraying both with laser fire. One pilot manages an ejection. The bright pink Isotta passes by him a few hundred meters away and he watches in a half-conscientious daze, still stunned from the ejection, as the blue of its drive disappears from sight.

“Ewooh F O!” he stammers. Even in his dazed state he realizes if he tells his superiors that they will have him and his family shot. American stealth fighter he thinks as he ponders what to say.

At Guliop-Ri Lori parks the Isotta off on the small separate island and out of sight of the refueling crew. She calls and tells Chris and Vondonna to remember to collect the laser markers and mines she placed for the “runway” to ensure as little evidence as possible is left behind.

Comment

• "Revey if they look at you with agrision you may do what you do"
          "Ok I will get the truck team ready. Keep your hears peeled for any more troubel"

(Ok will wait)
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            Chris hears Lori on the radio "This is Wyoming, we're egressing." Then in the clear, since there's no way the 'bou is hiding, Chris transmits one more bit of misinformation. "Thanks for the assist Raptor two, you're clear for Winchester. Raptor six, you're clear to engage"....trying to make the Norks think that the American 'stealth fighters' are tearing them out of the sky.
            Be thankful that the main action is happening behind you, those fighters getting sliced up happened too far away for you to see it.
            In fact, the only fun you will have leaving the border is when Rama tells you where the SAM battery up ahead is, the only one that could get a lock on you. A salvo of rockets and a quick burst of 20mm eliminates that threat.
            Not that they could get a lock on you, but you probably just saved Dammon's life. She goes even lower at that point, and some sort of MANPADS rocket hits her... it just goes "blap". Fired from too close for the rocket to arm, all it does is leave a decorative dent in the fuselage.

At Guliop-Ri Lori parks the Isotta off on the small separate island and out of sight of the refueling crew. She calls and tells Chris and Vondonna to remember to collect the laser markers and mines she placed for the “runway” to ensure as little evidence as possible is left behind.
            "Would you like fires with that?"
            And now, for the first time, you are seeing the extent of the fighting that took place here.
            Its only a matter of time before the South Korean's come over to take a look, even if they are very distracted by the madness going on inside North Korea tonight.

"Revey if they look at you with agrision you may do what you do"
            "Ok I will get the truck team ready. Keep your hears peeled for any more troubel"

(Ok will wait)
            Won't be long now... the Caribou is lining up for its approach. Dannon could have darted in ahead of them with ease, but she's letting them go first. The FW-190 can be abandoned and she can hitch a ride, but the Caribou must be able to go on.

Revy got the drop on two very banged-up Chinese fellows at the Gunship[ wreck, all they do is hand her a machine-pistol butt-first and ask about the Geneva Convention in good English.
            "Cocky, if they as for a cigarette I might have to shoot them anyway."

Comment

• With the air show over and the planes and crew going to North Korea gone Kotomi and Rock took a train to Tokyo for a bit of sightseeing. The two took in various sights and Kotomi wanted to go to the Akihabara to look for a better laptop computer.
              Finding one she liked she paid in yen. “Lori told me not to use credit cards if I could avoid it” she tells Rock.

That evening in a very posh traditional Japanese restaurant the to sit in a tatami room the have to themselves enjoying a moment of being back home.

“It’s nice to have a break from the craziness isn’t it?” Rock asks.
              “For me it has never ended and it began long before I got involved with people from other worlds” Kotomi replies looking just a bit sad. “It’s also the first time in my life I truly haven’t been lonely.”

“You know, I kind of feel that way too about Lagoon” Rock replies. “It’s all crazy but I feel alive not trapped like I did when I was just a salary man here in Japan.”

“If you want, you can stay on with us…” Kotomi offers. “I mean me, Lori, and Kasakabe. Probably some others too. I know I could use a good business manager.”
              Rock looks hesitant about that. “When you say ‘business’ you mean the kind Lagoon and Hotel Moscow do. I got the impression that Lori Sixteen and Kasakabe are as dangerous as Balalaika or Mister Chang are.”

Kotomi twists her lip. “You’re right, they are dangerous” she says in resignation. “But they both really just want to go back to their home in the future where they came from. That led to what I’m doing now.”
              “I’m almost afraid to ask” Rock replies.
              “I am building the first faster-than-light starship” she replies with a devious grin. “Lori is funding me.”
              Rock just stares at her mouth open. Finally he asks “You are serious aren’t you?!”

“Yes” Kotomi tells him. “I already have the ship’s hull and the jump grid conduits at Damien’s compound. I am meeting with a sales representative from Doosan Heavy Industries in the morning about getting a fifty megawatt superconducting generator to produce the field effect. Then I have a meeting with a man from Aksa Power to see about a high test peroxide turbine system…”

Rock just stares in shock. “That is incredible! And you want me to manage your business?!”

“Why not? You would be perfect. You know about Lori and Kasakabe and can deal with the unsavory side of things. You have proven you can.”

“Let me think about it” Rock says. “It’s not like I have a contract with Lagoon or anything. And what you’re proposing is way more interesting than what Lagoon would be into…”

Comment

• Uh oh.... a side-bar adventure.
                I'll deal with that tonight, did I not leave the other situation open to your next moves?

You can land, talk to each other and all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  Uh oh.... a side-bar adventure.
                  I'll deal with that tonight, did I not leave the other situation open to your next moves?

You can land, talk to each other and all that.
                  You didn't want to just leave Kotomi and Rock in limbo now did you? Besides I did start the FTL thing before they left...

Otherwise, I'm waiting on Andrew and Tac to get moving. Exiting the gravcoupe is the easy part of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    You didn't want to just leave Kotomi and Rock in limbo now did you? Besides I did start the FTL thing before they left...
                    Indeed.
                    I can run with that.
                    Just wanted to make sure you were spending the extra day there, and if you are going to Tokyo, you must be.
                    I could say that the kids have never seen so many people... but unless you have been to Tokyo, its safe to say that nobody has ever seen so many people in one place!
                    None of them speak much Japanese, most not at all, so its a real bonus having you both here. After a day of running around they all konck out early and you can have a quiet dinner with no worries... until you get back to your hotel room.
                    Things went a little sideways with the mission, as you might have guessed. Its been in the news today that the N'orks are loosing their minds and accusing the Chinese, of all people of raiding them, and trying to make it look like it was South Korea.
                    The weirdness never ends...

There is a message asking you to take a flight to Taiwan as soon as possible. There is a new wrinkle; one of the rescued children is refusing to be left with the Missionaries and is asking for Kotomi, by name.
                    She is Ushio Okozaki.
                    You know her parents, who must be loosing their minds by now.

(we will get back to this later.

Comment

• After landing, and getting off the runway for the Focke-Wulf, Chris drops the ramp to some fresh air. "Ok, some walk around time. Team, make sure nobody leaves the tail area while we refuel." Chris then waves for the Lagoon folks to come over and start the refueling of his old bird. "Looks like you all had your share of problems tonight."
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• "Problem? O this, it was just some pratice"
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• musical interlude: (it's much better full screen too)

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 18 Dec 13, 00:05.

Comment

• The last couple of days have just burned me out, I have a lot to say here but I'll have to do it tomorrow.
                            Sorry about the delay.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                              After landing, and getting off the runway for the Focke-Wulf, Chris drops the ramp to some fresh air. "Ok, some walk around time. Team, make sure nobody leaves the tail area while we refuel." Chris then waves for the Lagoon folks to come over and start the refueling of his old bird. "Looks like you all had your share of problems tonight."
                              "Problem? O this, it was just some pratice"
                              Okay, the gang is together again... except for Lori and Rama... and Muro now. They are sitting a few miles off doing the over-watch thing.

The situation in the Cargo bay is not fun & games, far from it.
                              Damien is not in good shape, pale and with a hasty bandage on his left shoulder. That cinematic place to be shot is actually one of the most painful places to be shot that there is, and about the worst of you ever want to use that arm again. So, even a little 7.63mm round (deformed by its passage through some Kevlar) is giving him a serious problem.
                              Vondonna and Zel are huddled in a corner, the after-shocks of Merrin's mental assault hit them harder than anyone else.

So, leadership back in the bay fell to Luchaan, who really isn't suited to it, and Damien is distracted by the girls and their withdrawal. Fortunately, Lidanya is there to "step up" and being the same age as the kids you just rescued, she gets them to understand what has happenend and convinces them to help out as much as they can now.
                              Kendra could not do much, she was pretty busy with the tail-gun and keeping an eye out for Dannon.

So, when the ramp drops, you have a couple of refugees trying to comfort or look after Vondonna and Zel, and a couple more tending to Damien (he also blew out his knee getting out of that Barracks) and the rest sitting quietly with expressions ranging from big smiles to sleepy exhaustion.
                              The fuel truck rolls right up and starts filling the Caribou from two hoses at the same time.
                              Damien is not getting up out of his seat. His first words to Dutch are; "How goes it, Beach-Master?" Subtly confirming the fact that Dutch calls the shots for as long as anyone is on this island.
                              To Chris, he would nod; "Well done." he glances at the kids you rescued. "As far as it went. Are you sure we could not have reached the rest?"

Revy trudges up with her two captives, they all look bedraggled and tired, but one of the Chinese men takes out a gold cigarette case and offers Silk Cuts all around.
                              Revy; "Pretty agreeable, for people we just shot down... maybe they think going home isn't an option anymore. I guess they're going to ask you for a job, or some such Blank."

Dannon lands after jettisoning the last bomb, and lands so well that she has to taxi a good ways to reach the truck. She must have used up almost all her ammo as well (what she uses weights 100 pounds per 100 rounds) since the tires don't go very deep in the sand. Fuel was dry too.
                              She gets cheered by the others as she opens the cockpit and hops down... and with a quick waves she sprints away to find a somewhere to .... relieve herself.

(you can go ahead with RP banter to this point, what follows is a little more hard-core action)

Rama is not very comfortable as he talks back and forth with the crews on the island, even Muro's body is all hard angles, so sharing a seat with her is not all he was hoping it would be.

Lori is keeping an eye on the situation in the air, which is a good thing.
                              South Korean eyes are on the North, and the North is going ballistic. Your exit was angled towards China, which is paying serious dividends right now. The only air activity near you is a couple of F-16s doing the Inchon-Seoul roundabout.
                              Soon, the 2nd hose is on the FW and taking care of it's needs very quickly.
                              Then...
                              A pair of Migs come blazing out of North Korea from the coast near Haeju. They are coming in at over 1,000 mph and so low that they are leaving Roster-tails in the water... and they are angled straight at Guelop-Ri, your island.
                              Straight at it.

Just as Rama is getting word to you about this back on the beach, Vondonna lurches to her feet and starts baying at you with hate-crazed eyes.
                              "You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?"
                              People are going to be a bit stupefied, the ones that know her, anyway. Its her body, but those eyes and that voice , well.... that ain't the Vondonna they know.
                              And, this is Dutch's first conformable proof that something supernatural is going on here.

Whatever you are going to do, you have less than 2 minutes to do it. The Migs will be on top of you by then.

Comment

• "the island is secuer, had some troubel with smugglers, coat guard and a air assult and i would prever we get done fast has possibill. And thanks for the SA16 really saved our ASS bloody smuggelers called in the PLA on us.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X