Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • like i need to be told twice to get the SA16, might has well get the the NTW 20 we can use the SA16 on the attack chopper while trying to down the frelon with not so small arms fire, we all so better to a concealment job on the truck and cool down any IR signature it may still have. Benny and muyo will remain out at sea with a fully reloaded quade 14.5, if they see a chance to fire they must take it, the priority target is the attack chopper, they to remain stealthy until they fire,
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

    CPO Mzinyati

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      Well...that sucks. I guess I'm just waiting for TAG to log on and give me some update before I make a move.
      Yeah, this is what happens when we are all tied in together.
      But he's always so on the spot.... I wonder what happened.

      Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      like i need to be told twice to get the SA16, might has well get the the NTW 20 we can use the SA16 on the attack chopper while trying to down the frelon with not so small arms fire, we all so better to a concealment job on the truck and cool down any IR signature it may still have. Benny and muyo will remain out at sea with a fully reloaded quade 14.5, if they see a chance to fire they must take it, the priority target is the attack chopper, they to remain stealthy until they fire,
      Take your time, you are still ahead of the rest of the gang here.

      So, Benny and Mujo will toss you the cases with the launcher and missiles and you will fight ashore?

      You can move the truck or let it cool some more, but not both. Its at the end of the beach closer to the "village", the end where the planes will end up when they land.

      Comment


      • Tunnels
        Murotsu deals with the Hindu with swords flinging two daggers at him. She knows all it will take is a scratch and he’s paralyzed in a matter of a few seconds and dead in minutes. Her aiming points are split to make trying to block the throws difficult or impossible. Once he’s dealt with she stops and stops Sushi. She recognizes that they should wait for the rest of the “troops” to catch up otherwise they risk being attacked from behind.

        Murotsu also gets frustrated with Sushi not being able to hear her. She raises her visor then slaps her hands over Sushi’s ears. Closing her eyes she focuses and then heals her hearing.
        Sushi starts bing “Why did you slap me!?”
        Muro starts cursing her out for not being grateful.

        Chris walks up as the two argue. The both tell him to shut the up. When they are done arguing both turn to him. “What?!”

        Bodies left by Muro are extremely gruesome. They will have been partially dismembered and generally have huge gashed wounds that have partially or totally disemboweled them. Throats are cut in some cases others have a large chunk of their face chopped off. She‘s definitely not sparing any feelings in what she‘s doing. It is cold blooded and ruthless.

        Gravcoupe at 20,000 meters

        The vehicle is hovering in the near still frigid night air. Rama turns to Lori. “Um Lori, what are these?” she asks pointing at several new signals coming up on the scanning equipment.
        Lori looks at them for just a moment then touches the display and makes a couple of adjustments on the equipment. “That is not good.” she replies.
        She then contacts Muro and Damien at the same time.
        “The North Korean air force has launched six MiG Twenty One fighters. They are departing their airfields in pairs.
        Two are just leaving the runway at Wonson. ETA target six minutes forty seconds.
        Two are taxiing out at Hwang Ju. ETA target twelve minutes forty eight seconds.
        Two are about to take off at Pyongyang Sunan. ETA seven minutes twenty two seconds.
        I do not have data on their armament. Assume missiles and guns. They have limited electronics and are using ground control.
        Orders Mr. Damien?”

        I am assuming they, like most countries have a pair of “ready five” fighters on duty at locations for immediate intercepts. More will take a while but the first two are quick out of the gate.

        Tunnels
        Muro tells Chris that she will move along the ceiling of the tunnel and that he and the party should follow a couple of meters behind her. She puts a small marker on her ankle pointed back that they can see to mark her position to them.
        She then tells Sushi “Act as one. No more grenade K?”

        Muro will move with thermoptics ahead of the others on the ceiling of the tunnel to avoid floor traps and make surprise more effective. She will clairvoyance any closed off space to check it along with not moving into a space until she is sure it is reasonably safe.
        Sushi should detect traps (if she can do that) and move with the party. If Muro needs her she can teleport into the fight with Muro engaging at the same time.


        Chris should be warning the party that using high power weapons indiscriminately in a concrete tunnel is risky particular with people up ahead. Shotguns and pistols with grenades to clear rooms would be better. Just a suggestion.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          But he's always so on the spot.... I wonder what happened.
          Having to do the quarterly 1099 and all the other BS that goes with that plus doing a retirement package, and well you get the idea. Just a bit busy RW.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Orders Mr. Damien?”

            I am assuming they, like most countries have a pair of “ready five” fighters on duty at locations for immediate intercepts....
            Okay, 2 things;
            Take your hand off the throttle, I'm GM here.
            The startlingly quick response of those guys a couple of miles down the road is a mystery at this point, they should not have been coming at you so quickly.
            - This anomaly is limited to that one point.
            Yes, 6 fighters are getting ready, but with less than 5 minutes warning (much less, in fact) they are barely getting the APUs out of the way and warming up their engines. If we leave as quickly as Chris wants to, they will barely be getting off the ground by the time the Caribou is wheels-up.
            The two from P-town will be up first, by several minutes.
            ((Damien would prefer that they never take off, but if they do he'd like you to trick them into attacking each other, can you hack their IFF?))

            Those 6 aircraft will also contain the majority of N. Korean Fighter pilots that are competent to fly a night mission and ready to fly tonight.
            Most of the rest are assigned to aircraft that fly a very different sort of mission... the kind that involve inserting agents or snatch & grab ops like the N'orks are infamous for.
            ... which is not to say that there will be some incompetent pilots taking off tonight, but leave that to me.


            Secondly; I need to know which tunnel you will be taking.
            You have 3 options, going by the Map, all pointed North. I was thinking that you were going long along the outside loop in a counter-clockwise way.... this puts you at Room (8), unless you fall back to make it easier for Chris to find you.
            However, that is entirely up to you.
            I just need to know where you are going so I can draw the map accordingly.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Okay, 2 things;
              Take your hand off the throttle, I'm GM here.
              The startlingly quick response of those guys a couple of miles down the road is a mystery at this point, they should not have been coming at you so quickly.
              - This anomaly is limited to that one point.
              Yes, 6 fighters are getting ready, but with less than 5 minutes warning (much less, in fact) they are barely getting the APUs out of the way and warming up their engines. If we leave as quickly as Chris wants to, they will barely be getting off the ground by the time the Caribou is wheels-up.
              The two from P-town will be up first, by several minutes.
              ((Damien would prefer that they never take off, but if they do he'd like you to trick them into attacking each other, can you hack their IFF?))

              Those 6 aircraft will also contain the majority of N. Korean Fighter pilots that are competent to fly a night mission and ready to fly tonight.
              Most of the rest are assigned to aircraft that fly a very different sort of mission... the kind that involve inserting agents or snatch & grab ops like the N'orks are infamous for.
              ... which is not to say that there will be some incompetent pilots taking off tonight, but leave that to me.


              Secondly; I need to know which tunnel you will be taking.
              You have 3 options, going by the Map, all pointed North. I was thinking that you were going long along the outside loop in a counter-clockwise way.... this puts you at Room (8), unless you fall back to make it easier for Chris to find you.
              However, that is entirely up to you.
              I just need to know where you are going so I can draw the map accordingly.
              Lori tells him it would be easier to hack the ground controllers and feed the planes false information. She can use a perscomm to make a real time conviencing set of Korean commands using the controller's own voices and just change the commands.
              (Hacking the IFF will just increase the panic and get more of a response. The controllers would suspect jamming by say a US aircraft or something given NK paranoia.
              With misdirection where the controllers are talking on top of each other their confusion will be that they are mixing up who's controlling what so they will have to take several minutes to straighten that out and then get the planes redirected)
              "Would that be satisfactory?" she asks.


              Murotsu isn't going to want to advance with that other tunnel and such behind her without being sure she has a route of retreat. Sushi may not care but Muro is trained to have a way out as well as a way in. She would want to fall back and meet Chris and his party before continuing. From there he and she can decide how to go.
              The outside tunnel is fine so long as the first one is covered by a rear guard to ensure nobody slips in behind them.

              Comment


              • I think your out of people to cover your flanks.

                We'll wait to see what Chris says.

                Okay, that's You, Sushi, Chris and Kendra, Zel too... and Luchaan if you call him down.

                TaC?

                Comment


                • After hearing their 'discussion' such as it is, Chris makes the call. "All right, we need to hit only where we think we'll find more subjects. We don't need to waste our time on a low probability search. Muro, Sushi, can you find any more subjects nearby? Otherwise I say we fall back and save what we can. Better to get twenty out clean than to get blown out of the sky with twenty five. We have an obligation to those we've already rescued we have to consider."
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                  Comment


                  • Yeah I am making my stand on the island useing the vilage for cover. Nest to move the truck away and hop if the see the decide not to destroy it.

                    We will let the choppers come in close to decrease the amout of time for a recastion. The SA16 will be fired at the attack copper, the 50cal has a high rate of fire than the NTW20 so it will target the frelon cockpit.

                    Benny and mujo will hide some where. Once the fighting starts they to rock up and fire on the choppers. The attack chopper first then the frelone if it is still arround. Our only chance is to make sure we down the attack chopper first time.
                    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                    CPO Mzinyati

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      After hearing their 'discussion' such as it is, Chris makes the call. "All right, we need to hit only where we think we'll find more subjects. We don't need to waste our time on a low probability search. Muro, Sushi, can you find any more subjects nearby? Otherwise I say we fall back and save what we can. Better to get twenty out clean than to get blown out of the sky with twenty five. We have an obligation to those we've already rescued we have to consider."
                      Comms off, eh?

                      Wow.... serious moral conundrum, I didn't see this coming.
                      Sushi would like to argue with you, but its good logic, and she has one of those mines filled with Gas that she was going to leave behind anyway... one look at that last operating room convinced her that leaving anyone alive down here would be a mistake.

                      Kendra does not see it that way, and least would like to go back via the door Vondonna is watching.

                      Zel does not like that idea at all, but w/o backing from Damien or even Vondonna, she does not have much to say about it.

                      And.... Muro?

                      Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                      Yeah I am making my stand on the island useing the vilage for cover. Nest to move the truck away and hop if the see the decide not to destroy it.
                      Well, getting the SA-16 out and loaded does not take much time, but lugging it back that far is too much to ask. What you can do is get up off the beach a ways, which might limit your field of fire.

                      The truck can be backed up to where the hills meet the beach, there is a little cover there, bit its a big beast to hide on short notice.

                      Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                      We will let the choppers come in close to decrease the amout of time for a recastion. The SA16 will be fired at the attack copper, the 50cal has a high rate of fire than the NTW20 so it will target the frelon cockpit.
                      I assume that Revy has the AT rifle, Dutch has the SAM and Elvira is standing by with a re-load?

                      Revy's problem is that she can't fire that gun from the hip and probably can't find a good place to brace it up on the hill, not unless she guesses the exact place the Helos will be ahead of time.
                      Fat chance of that happening...
                      So, since you leave her actions up to me, I'll let her do something brave and a little wild;
                      She drops the ATR and takes Elvira's AKSU-74. "You be ready to help him reload QUICKLY, hear me?" and she dashes off, into the middle of the beach. There is no cover and sea on both sides.
                      If you miss, she will blaze away, and the muzzle-flash of that short barrel is impossible to miss at night. That could make enough of a diversion to give you time to get a second shot off.

                      Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                      Benny and mujo will hide some where. Once the fighting starts they to rock up and fire on the choppers. The attack chopper first then the frelone if it is still arround. Our only chance is to make sure we down the attack chopper first time.
                      Hide? The best they can do is maneuver over to where there is a ridge-line between them and the Helos coming in from the East... the same cove they just sank that Fishing boat in. They see the Yacht, its leaving and picking up speed, racing around the Northeastern-most point on the island.
                      Its up to you what they do about that.

                      Now for the hairy part-
                      Its the Big one that appears first. I imagine you , not on the peak of the hill, but on the 'miitary crest', that being as high as you can go and still see everything below you. The Super Frelon is hovering low, and pokes its snout out over the peak of the hill, its so close that the rotor-wash is whipping your face with debris and tears Evlie's hair loose from the Revy-style ponytail she had it in. The good news for you is, while there are no trees here, the spot you are in has lots of bushes that are as tall as you are.
                      And they certainly won't be able to see you now; they turn on a spotlight aimed at the beach, and Revy is right in the middle of the beam of light .

                      She is 700 yards away from you, left side towards you and the Helo, and stands frozen in place for 2 long heartbeats. The gun must be in her right hand, pointed down, and she does not raise it. Instead, she waves at the Chopper with her left arm.

                      They seem to take that as a good sign, and the Super Frelon starts to move forward, right over your head and only 30 yards/Meters above you at one point. It is halfway to Revy (Was there a woman among the swimmers? You have no idea.) and you are hoping she looks Chinese enough to fool them just a little longer... and that is when the Gunship makes its appearance.
                      THIS pilot has skills, he didn't go over the hill, he went around it to your right at about 100kph and passes in front of and below the path of the Super Frelon.

                      Its a WZ-10, under the stub-wings are a pair of pods for ground-attack rockets and a pair of larger missiles that have to be some sort of guided weapons. In a few seconds its path will take it to where your boat and the Yacht will be impossible to miss seeing.

                      Okay Dutch, its your turn.

                      Comment


                      • Is there realy ant thing mor to do than open fire.

                        I will take aim weight till it is at the closet and fire 1 round at it. Then reloade. If it looks like a miss I will fire the second round at the WZ10.


                        I am not sure 1 SA16 will down it but it will at least force it out of the area.

                        If it is a hit I will fire on the frealon. Though at it's height it could land whil the first round is in the air. If it lands some where we can see I will unload with the AMR if not try to sneak where it is located.

                        Revy is being revy and the prioty target is the choppers. The yaught is not a threat and mujo does not have help in reloading.

                        Elvira is with me has a loader.
                        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                        CPO Mzinyati

                        Comment


                        • And.... Muro?
                          Murotsu takes one of the three psi enhancers she brought with her and drinks it. She is close to drained in that respect having to repeatedly clairvoyance, the heal, use awareness, etc. After she does she clairvoyances again looking for "targets" as Chris asked.

                          She really isn't trained or equipped to do an assault like they've gotten into here. Her normal MO is to sneak in to kill a single target and sneak out usually operating alone. Here she's got a large group of others with her who can't do that, an enemy that knows they are there, and they are increasing the size of the group with rescued kids. It's taking a lot out of her on psionics to deal with things. She can physically fight all day but that's limiting her to physical close combat.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                            Is there realy ant thing mor to do than open fire.

                            I will take aim weight till it is at the closet and fire 1 round at it. Then reloade. If it looks like a miss I will fire the second round at the WZ10.


                            I am not sure 1 SA16 will down it but it will at least force it out of the area.

                            If it is a hit I will fire on the frealon. Though at it's height it could land whil the first round is in the air. If it lands some where we can see I will unload with the AMR if not try to sneak where it is located.

                            Revy is being revy and the prioty target is the choppers. The yaught is not a threat and mujo does not have help in reloading.

                            Elvira is with me has a loader.

                            What I was leaving up to you was which Helo you would shoot at first.
                            I assume from the above that its the Gunship. Good call, the Super Frelon was probably too close for even a SA-16 to arm itself.
                            That... and those jokers on the Yacht were helping the Gunship line itself up on your PT boat.

                            Concentrating on your boat, they didn't spot your missile until it was too late. Whatever counter-measures they had made your missile explode about ten meters short, but that was still enough to hurt them and throw off the gunner's aim.
                            That Gunship has a 14.5mm Gatling, which in theory puts them on the same level as your Quad (and is also the very largest gun a WZ-10 can handle in its turret, a Cannon would be fixed forward only) but they only put 5 rounds into your boat, the very front, and only 2 of those rounds did anything that counts; one hit below the waterline for a small leak, and the other drilled right through the barrel of that 75mm RCL.
                            Dang...

                            The Gunship gyrates in the air as the pilot regains control, and the first 2 bursts from Mujo go a little wild. But as they regain control, the 3rd burst is the killer; he starts on the tail rotor and walks it up the tail boom, sending the Gunship spinning out of control.

                            All that was over in a matter of seconds, and probably something that Dutch observed out of the corner of his eye. The Frelon immediately take evasive action, turning to one side and dipping, showing you a door-gun and spraying the hillside with 12.7mm fire.... and coming nowhere near you.
                            Their maneuver kicks up a lot of sand and brings the outer arc of the rotor blades perilously close to Revy's head. She takes that personally and fires a long burst into the Frelon. The door-gun ceases fire at the big Helo starts heading out to sea, picking up speed as it goes.

                            Elvira can't reach your head, so she swats Dutch's butt to let him know he's reloaded now. The Gunship is going down, hard, and the Frelon is leaving as quickly as it can, but you have a clean shot at it.

                            Taking the shot?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Murotsu takes one of the three psi enhancers she brought with her and drinks it. She is close to drained in that respect having to repeatedly clairvoyance, the heal, use awareness, etc. After she does she clairvoyances again looking for "targets" as Chris asked.
                              Okay, give me a couple of hours, I need to draw some stuff up. It only takes you seconds to do that, but I need to ... well, what I should do is get a graphics program, but my old computer is getting twitchy in its old age.
                              Look for something on this in about 5-6 hours from now.

                              Comment


                              • I PMed TAG with some details, his move next.

                                Dutch is free to move ahead with his thing.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                • casanova
                                  Nuclear battleheads.
                                  by casanova
                                  A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                  Yesterday, 23:58
                                Working...
                                X