Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    You have to try that a couple of times, your basic course in Korean was VERY basic. (or was it Revy that took it?)
    But yes, he'll do it. Cooperating with American criminals might not get him shot in the back, and might even keep his dopey Girlfriend out of trouble.



    Elvie is glad to take one, its Nuttella and Fluff (that spreadable Marshmallow stuff). She'll be wide awake for the rest of this operation.
    Revy seems a little ill just looking at it.

    You can just barely hear a few shots from the beach where the Truck is parked. Spaced, leisurely shots, with a relay from Benny you find that they are just taking pot-shots at the bushes where you said those smugglers swam ashore. Wrong side of the hill, but you never know... at least that's their excuse for cutting loose with their new toys.

    The young couple now look scared, and ready to bolt, they don't speak any English and didn't follow that conversation on the radio.
    "Come on revy these sadwiches look divine"


    I try to calm them down saying it is just people doing target pratice.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

    CPO Mzinyati

    Comment


    • Here's my original layout of the facility and the one that matches the sat photo:
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
        "Come on revy these sadwiches look divine"
        "You first."

        Originally posted by andrewza View Post
        I try to calm them down saying it is just people doing target pratice.
        They don't look very convinced.
        Elvira; "You probably don't have to tie them up, just smash the phone and the radio."
        The radio looks like a good one, if you want to mess with it, the guy here will obviously be no help with that.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Here's my original layout of the facility and the one that matches the sat photo:
          Okay, so my memory was a little off. Lets just run with what I drew today when I ran out of time.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            Okay, so my memory was a little off. Lets just run with what I drew today when I ran out of time.
            No problem, I just put that up because the computer it was on finally got fixed (memory death / conflict problem with the RAM that cost me $20 and two hours to fix). I've been running on the wife's machine that is set up for e-mail and little else...

            It certainly helps to be a computer nerd of sorts... (I actually have a degree in computer science from a major university!) One that can lay block, drink like a sailor... being a genuine Chief... and is too GD'd cheap and proud to call somebody to fix it for a couple hundred dollars!

            Comment


            • Before we go any farther I really need TaC to get back into this.

              Meanwhile, Muro & Sushi are making progress down below.


              I don't know why its coming out so small, that was drawn on an 8x11.

              (1) is a large holding cell for fresh arrivals, has 11 kids now. From their dress they are not Koreans. Across the hall is a storage room/closet (I mark those CL and keep them a uniform size) that is filled with children's clothing.

              (2) are a pair of smaller holding cells, one has 4 kids the other 5, all naked and several have been beaten, the group of 4 have had their heads shaved. All have chains around their hips connected to shackles on their wrists.

              Tactically speaking, its a very bed idea to take them in tow or even open those doors now, but Muro will have to be very firm on this point with Sushi... you could almost swear there is smoke coming from her long ears now.

              One saving grace; at this time of night there is not "operating" being done.

              "x" marks the spot where you killed men, only one of those are commandos, the rest are lab-geeks or techs with guns.

              (3) is the shower area, doors and partitions have been removed, which was unfortunate for the 2 guys with pistols that tried to ambush you there.

              (4) is the prep-room. The Crossed swords indicate where the Hindu-looking fellow with the blades leapt out at Muro. Sushi won't be able to help you with him because she was dealing with a fellow charging towards area 5 firing a burp-gun from the hip.

              (5) a large lavatory and un-chaining area, once again a de-humanizing lack of privacy and no place to hide.

              (6) a pair of operating theaters that are modern and complete.

              (7) back tracking a little here, this is office space with nothing of interest unless you want to spend some time digging around in the filing cabinets.
              Yes, paperwork, you have seen no computers yet.

              (8) The most sophisticated and peculiar operating room yet seen. There are armatures for doing.... things, to whoever is strapped to that table at the time. Look north of that (and curse the way this thing shrinks res here) and there is a bunker-like firing post, it covers nothing but whats in that operating room!
              It was built that way, and no equipment blocks its field of fire to that table. And, that was where the commando was waiting for you.

              That is the limit of what I have for you until TaC gets back into this.
              We have to let his group do a little catching up now.

              Comment


              • {Sheepish}

                Chris motions, and the strike team moves through the compound to the more unusual building that had been spewing 'human remains' up the chimney. "If that's what it's doing then that's where the test subjects probably are" Chris says to himself.

                Kendra has naturally attached herself to the group and refuses to break off to go back to the more relative safety of the plane. Duster flapping a bit around his legs, Chris piles through the door behind the first members of his strike team, sub-gun at the ready. "Let's go, and don't think about using an elevator" he says, as they rush the building. "I want any basement cleared first, and before they show up with reinforcements. We ain't getting paid to be buried here."
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  {Sheepish}

                  Chris motions, and the strike team moves through the compound to the more unusual building that had been spewing 'human remains' up the chimney. "If that's what it's doing then that's where the test subjects probably are" Chris says to himself.

                  Kendra has naturally attached herself to the group and refuses to break off to go back to the more relative safety of the plane. Duster flapping a bit around his legs, Chris piles through the door behind the first members of his strike team, sub-gun at the ready. "Let's go, and don't think about using an elevator" he says, as they rush the building. "I want any basement cleared first, and before they show up with reinforcements. We ain't getting paid to be buried here."
                  Okay, my turn to bite the bullet.... its not just the smokestack that lead you there; Muro transmitted that this was where they went, and where the stairs are leading down (see maps previous page)

                  In the first room you come to has those 8 dead guys in it, they must have been in the middle of a shift-change when the girls arrived, and all have slashed throats (among other things), pistols still in their holsters and 2 SMGs and two shotguns laying discarded on the floor.
                  Beyond that at the top of the stairs leading down are 2 more men, who appear to have knifed each other. One is not quite dead yet... leading to one interesting little aside;

                  Once you get to the head of the stairs, you start to pick up Muro & Sushi's comms again. Its really only Muro you can talk to, Sushi isn't hearing very well for some reason. Muro gives you a quick and terse rundown on what is down below.
                  That is when Zel, having trouble with hearing Muro herself, brings her foot down on the throat of the man barely alive at her feet, silencing him and making his death that much more ugly. She pays no attention at all, and neither do the other 2 with you. ((Kendra will later tell you that this is when she started to dislike Damien. Its her opinion that instead of rehabilitating these abused children, he's been exploiting them to produce his little army of stone-cold killers. Not a issue for now, but it will come up later, and it won't be pretty when it does.))

                  Vondonna leads the way down the stairs with her silenced SMG... which seems like a poor choice to her now, but at least it won't make your ears ring when she fires a burst.

                  See the map above, the two doors are open and the 3rd is not where it says MG. You have a grand total of 20 kids that have not been worked on yet within easy reach but still secured behind locked doors.... or you can go the other way.
                  The other way, the door to the north, is open, but the grisly remains of 7 soldiers that have been burst apart somehow are piled in the doorway... even Luchaan hesitates to go that way.

                  {time for a little back & forth between TAG and TaC}

                  Comment


                  • "V", Chris snaps pointing to the Northern Door. "Hold position here, call in any movement, any at all. Get some cover, looks like someone was happy with grenades in here." He says noticing the shrapnel peppering the walls.

                    "Lu, you stay with V, you'll be traffic control to the surface (I'm presuming Lu has the most powerful automatic weapon in the arsenal?). This is our rally point, we do not lose this room. Everyone else, drop stretchers and med kits here. Only weapons, armor, comms, cuffs, and happy juice (for the kids)."

                    As they get down behind what cover they can find, Chris jogs back up the stairs a few bounds and calls it in to Damien. "Vladmir, this is Wyoming (using a merc name and a Russian one to further muddy the waters about who's here). Standby for two zero PAX, break off one for escort."

                    Chris ducks back down through the room, slinging his SMG and pulling his shotgun to breach doors if necessary. "K, you have point, if it's not Sushi or Muro, kill it. Z, we blast only when necessary, but keep your charges ready. We clear one room and shuttle the kids to Lu who shuttles them back to the bird. Then we move to the next one. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. I'll take point on entry."

                    As an afterthought, Chris adds "And if any of our charges go to fight us, knock them the F*** out. I don't want conscious psychics playing havoc with my brain."

                    Chris squeezes Kendra's shoulder to signal her to move out as he hefts his shotgun (which will also make a mess of a door lock at point blank range).

                    {You can do the room takedowns if you want to so long as they don't involve anything that Chris needs to work on. Damien's been alerted, with a bit of ruse on top, that we're starting to send kids up, Vodonna can call in any problems on her end and has Lu backing her, Kendra is running point/security while Chris and Z take down the rooms one at a time and get the kids out.}
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      "V", Chris snaps pointing to the Northern Door. "Hold position here, call in any movement, any at all. Get some cover, looks like someone was happy with grenades in here." He says noticing the shrapnel peppering the walls.
                      Vondonna gives you a dark look but does as told. She literally has to step through their guts as she takes her post at the corner, and even refrains from firing a burst down the hallway beyond just to stir things up.

                      By the way, the smoke has cleared, mostly. The ventilation system is still getting plenty of power.

                      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      "Lu, you stay with V, you'll be traffic control to the surface (I'm presuming Lu has the most powerful automatic weapon in the arsenal?). This is our rally point, we do not lose this room. Everyone else, drop stretchers and med kits here. Only weapons, armor, comms, cuffs, and happy juice (for the kids)."
                      He does, his AK74 with the Grenade launcher is probably the Big Gun here, too big for effective use in a subterranean tunnel complex. The first thing he does is try to hammer the MG barrel poking out of that warped steel door... and succeeds in jamming it in place as well.

                      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      As they get down behind what cover they can find, Chris jogs back up the stairs a few bounds and calls it in to Damien. "Vladmir, this is Wyoming (using a merc name and a Russian one to further muddy the waters about who's here). Standby for two zero PAX, break off one for escort."
                      "20 already? I hope they are skinny."
                      Good point, you have not even reached any subjects that have been worked on yet.

                      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      Chris ducks back down through the room, slinging his SMG and pulling his shotgun to breach doors if necessary. "K, you have point, if it's not Sushi or Muro, kill it. Z, we blast only when necessary, but keep your charges ready. We clear one room and shuttle the kids to Lu who shuttles them back to the bird. Then we move to the next one. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. I'll take point on entry."
                      These are some really good cells; no angles in the walls for anyone to hide from the peep-holes in the doors. They are all awake, how could they not be with all the explosions down here, and clearly visible in the light from bulbs behind armored glass. The only flaw is that these doors are locked to prevent people from getting out, not in, and the butt of your shotgun is sufficient to break the locks.
                      Zel breaks open the closet so they can get their clothes back before going out. Kendra stops at the intersection just past the cells... and looks to you for direction on which way to go next.

                      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      As an afterthought, Chris adds "And if any of our charges go to fight us, knock them the F*** out. I don't want conscious psychics playing havoc with my brain."
                      That's not an issue yet, just a score of terrified kids to handle. Zel is good to have here, a fellow youngster to assure them that this is a liberation, not a trick.

                      And, while most of them are Asian, these kids don't have the high cheek-bones and other distinguishing features of Koreans. (neither Muro or Sushi would have picked up on this) It looks as if you found a batch of non-local "control" subjects here.


                      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      {You can do the room takedowns if you want to so long as they don't involve anything that Chris needs to work on. Damien's been alerted, with a bit of ruse on top, that we're starting to send kids up, Vodonna can call in any problems on her end and has Lu backing her, Kendra is running point/security while Chris and Z take down the rooms one at a time and get the kids out.}
                      They are passing them along efficiently, this is one part of this operation they are familiar with. How well things are going topside is something you can only guess at so far, but Damien sounded relaxed and cheerful.

                      Your choice is where to go next; follow the advanced team or head down one of the other corridors once the cells are cleared.
                      The cells are cleared now, just 2 minutes after you started.

                      Okay TAG, carry on.

                      Dutch;
                      before you smash that radio, you hear a conversation in Chinese; one voice loud and another is quieter, and well-modulated. Don't look at Elvie, and I bet Revy speaks about as much Chinese as you do, despite her bloodline.

                      Comment


                      • Fortunately there aren't any fat kids in N. Korea . These kids shouldn't be more than 100lbs apiece, so while seating will be a premium, weight shouldn't be an issue....and we can dump gear and set it alight if necessary to reduce weight......(end OOC)

                        Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        Zel breaks open the closet so they can get their clothes back before going out. Kendra stops at the intersection just past the cells... and looks to you for direction on which way to go next.
                        Chris marvels at the quality of the cells for a moment, the Norks might be broke, but they're spending everything on this project, which makes him shiver a bit. "K, hold position there till we get this batch out." With Z's, help, Chris hustles the kiddies back to Lu. "Take point getting them upstairs, be careful, no reason to get shot yet. V, I hope we'll be done here shortly, just hang on." Chris comments as Lu bounds up the stairs with the children on his heels. Z takes off back down the hall to Kendra. Chris follows the kids up to the halfway point on the stairs and calls back to Damien: "Vlad, Go", keeping it simple to alert him to the children that should be streaming to the plane.

                        Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        They are passing them along efficiently, this is one part of this operation they are familiar with. How well things are going topside is something you can only guess at so far, but Damien sounded relaxed and cheerful.

                        Your choice is where to go next; follow the advanced team or head down one of the other corridors once the cells are cleared.
                        The cells are cleared now, just 2 minutes after you started.
                        Chris dashes back down the hallway as soon as the kids reach the first landing on the stairs. With Z and Kendra, he calls to Muro and Sushi. "Sitrep, over. Cellblock clear. Need further on additional subjects. And girls, if they've got powers you two need to handle it before we get them, I don't want my team getting scrambled." Chris holds position for the moment, impatiently alternating between the hallway and his watch. Working on four minutes since touchdown.....he wants to be wheels up before eight. He calls back on the team net (Everyone). "Equipe Coup (the strike team is French named to once again confound anyone translating this after the battle as to who they are...hopefully the Norks will think it's a Chinese, Russian, American, French, Japanese, Korean operation), Two Minute Warning. Pass it on to Vlad. Let's hustle team!"
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Fortunately there aren't any fat kids in N. Korea .
                          Aside from the ones with the shaved heads (recently done) these are not Koreans.
                          BUt like I said, 8-12 years old, so not heavy, lighter than 100 pounds in all cases for sure.

                          Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Chris marvels at the quality of the cells for a moment, the Norks might be broke, but they're spending everything on this project, which makes him shiver a bit. "K, hold position there till we get this batch out." With Z's, help, Chris hustles the kiddies back to Lu. "Take point getting them upstairs, be careful, no reason to get shot yet. V, I hope we'll be done here shortly, just hang on." Chris comments as Lu bounds up the stairs with the children on his heels. Z takes off back down the hall to Kendra. Chris follows the kids up to the halfway point on the stairs and calls back to Damien: "Vlad, Go", keeping it simple to alert him to the children that should be streaming to the plane.


                          Luchaan is glad to get topside again, even if just for a little while. He's really hating it down there, but not as much as Vondonna; "Yeah, no problem, I only puked once. Are our scouts headed THIS way? Please try and find out."

                          Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Chris dashes back down the hallway as soon as the kids reach the first landing on the stairs. With Z and Kendra, he calls to Muro and Sushi. "Sitrep, over. Cellblock clear. Need further on additional subjects. And girls, if they've got powers you two need to handle it before we get them, I don't want my team getting scrambled." Chris holds position for the moment, impatiently alternating between the hallway and his watch. Working on four minutes since touchdown.....he wants to be wheels up before eight. He calls back on the team net (Everyone). "Equipe Coup (the strike team is French named to once again confound anyone translating this after the battle as to who they are...hopefully the Norks will think it's a Chinese, Russian, American, French, Japanese, Korean operation), Two Minute Warning. Pass it on to Vlad. Let's hustle team!"


                          That word can be passed along by Luchaan for as long as he remains at the top of the stairs, but you will probably want him back with you soon.
                          And... I need feedback from TAG now to move this along.

                          Stuff for Lori;
                          Dannon is already busy. It didn't take long for you to get a reaction from that Railroad town down a few miles to the south. First it was a couple of trucks, cargo unknown, and one strafing run from Dannon put an end to that before they got out of sight of their base town. Next comes a weird antique; a T-34 chassis with a 37mm AA gun. Without radar its no match for the FW-190 in the dark, and Dannon pounces, the relic flames up with a hollow crump. Yes, people outside at the Target heard that. When Dannon gets too close to the Town, a missile steaks up towards her... but it must be a relic too. A warning from Lori lets Dannon drop behind one of the many ridge-lines here and it looses her.

                          But Dannon missed seeing two tanks leave that town, and they are not traveling on the road.
                          The speed with which this reaction is taking place is a little frightening, but all Dannon says is; "this thing handles like a Pig with all this stuff hanging off it, can I drop one of these bombs?"

                          Comment


                          • Well in that case we ask the hippies what was said. They must no some chinnes. I am starting to miss rock, wait can I not just get him on the radio and ask him for a translastion.
                            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                            CPO Mzinyati

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                              Well in that case we ask the hippies what was said. They must no some chinnes. I am starting to miss rock, wait can I not just get him on the radio and ask him for a translastion.
                              Even if he had a short-wave radio handy, Rock is sound asleep right now.

                              But there is Lori, and she has a side-seater, lets get Rama into this;
                              "I don't know what they are saying, but its chatter between that Yacht you let go and a couple of helicopters coming at you from the east. Let me try and read their IFF.... Shiva's balls, Benny would love this, you can't believe how fast the Gigs get crunched in this Isotta."

                              Dutch; "Just give the the facts little man, time is blood and Elvie is standing right next to me."

                              Rama; "Really? I thought she was out getting a nose-job. Here we go; one chopper is a transport, probably a Super Frelon, its the only kind they have that can make the round trip without any special preps. The other one... oh, not good. That band is for gunships, the newer kind. They will be on top of you right about the time we are crossing out of this country. That's when Lori will be most busy helping the Caribou out... what have you guys been doing down there, anyway?"

                              You have less than 30 minutes.

                              If you let the couple with you know what's up, the guy kicks the wall, hard, and a part of the floor swings up. There is a tunnel leading down to some sort of shelter down there, and they gesture for you to go hide with them.

                              Revy; "What IS it with these Koreans and all the holes they dig in the ground?"

                              If you hustle, you can be back on the beach in 15 minutes.
                              The SA-16 is on your boat.

                              I can't resist;
                              Last edited by The Exorcist; 09 Dec 13, 13:43.

                              Comment


                              • Well...that sucks. I guess I'm just waiting for TAG to log on and give me some update before I make a move.

                                Time Hack: 4min on ground......2min to return to plane.....4min tops to accomplish anything else I want to do.....
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X