Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Right, and you get the message below from Lori, which means you are really feeling short-handed again.
    The good news is that the fuel truck is not being molested when you get there, and when they hear that there are an unknown number of hostiles ashore, they ask if you have any guns they can borrow.

    The bad news is the village is over a kilometer away along a dark, winding footpath through the hills. (village is the wrong word, its more like a deserted summer camp, but somebody is there; they seem to think that some fools started a bonfire on the beach and are firing off fireworks.)

    Dutch also gets that itch... something tells him that its about to get a lot more dangerous here. Nothing definite, but his instincts are making his ears burn.
    Ok we got enough guns for the truck, we have the guns we brought with and the guns from the smugglers.

    OK we need to keep the coast gaurd away at all cost so we should radio in a veasel in distress some where away from the island but still close enough to draw most of them if not all of them away.

    Benny and Mujo will take the boat and try and cut any that do not take the bait that rock up. They will conceal the gun a fire of flares and pyrotencs. That will give them what they looking for. Benny must either talk them down over the radio or give them somthing to chase. Our boat can easly out run any thing that investgats.

    The rest of us will procead on the island.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

    CPO Mzinyati

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      "I need a location, otherwise I'm just out here in the dark ladies."
      All you got from them was the report that they had cleared the building above ground and were headed down the stairs. After that, you really can't read them.... it must be the lead flooring they mentioned earlier.
      What is coming out of the chimney was also mentioned.

      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      They move forward briskly from cover to cover, aiming for a spot between the hospital buildings and the strange building.....
      The wall itself is empty, you can thank the girls for that, but the gate is still closed. One of your AT Grenades is enough to unhinge it.

      There is a bad moment when one of those "Robo-Cop" sort of guys comes out of the Admin building. You know, one of those guys with a massive suit of Kevlar on, firing an AK from the hip.
      Luchaan drops him with a 40mm grenade.

      Lidanya puts two rounds from the RPO into the top story of the Admin building, and now the big concern of anyone left in there is not burning to death.
      Its too late for anyone in the Barracks. In a couple of minutes Damien will be lowering himself from the top floor with a wire spool and heading back to the plane for a different load-out. (that flamethrower was something he had to leave behind once he emptied it)

      Your choice how to proceed from there. Is Kendra with you or on the rear turret gun?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
        Benny and Mujo will take the boat and try and cut any that do not take the bait that rock up. They will conceal the gun a fire of flares and pyrotencs. That will give them what they looking for. Benny must either talk them down over the radio or give them somthing to chase. Our boat can easly out run any thing that investgats.
        Huh?

        Originally posted by andrewza View Post
        The rest of us will procead on the island.
        To the 'village', you mean?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Huh?



          To the 'village', you mean?
          radio in fake distress some distance from island

          our boat will put itself between the island and coast guard so if they rock up it can lead them on a chase away from the island or if possible talk them into leaving.



          yes the village
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

          CPO Mzinyati

          Comment


          • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
            radio in fake distress some distance from island

            our boat will put itself between the island and coast guard so if they rock up it can lead them on a chase away from the island or if possible talk them into leaving.



            yes the village
            Okay, thanks to the speed of the boat they can put it some distance away. On the way, Benny sees that the fishing boat is burning brighter and asks Dutch if he can sink it with a torpedo.

            Before they go, I'd like to know what guns Dutch, Revy and Elvie brought ashore with them... and yes, the guns you just captured will enough to make the Truckers happy.

            And it occurs to me that I messed this up royally. We were supposed to land 1st to gear up with the weapons for the aircraft.... and I goofed bigtime.
            I appreciate your trying to set me straight, but since I just plowed on ahead we'll play it like that instead of trying to back up, I hate that anyway.

            I'll draw up a basic map and have it up in a couple of hours... got snowed in and I'll be in and out all weekend.

            Some upbeat music for the big fight-

            Comment


            • Okay... I just wasted a couple of hours looking for that map, and looking for the location on the Google Urth thing.... scrw it, I just made these up from memory.
              Yes, quick and dirty, lets jut run with it.

              This is the grounds, including where you are parked;

              The road is 25', which means that Muro (Kasakabe') saved you with those markers, most likely.

              Since the RATS and the advanced team has had a good look, this is the compound itself inside the walls and the 1st-floor layout of all the buildings


              RC x indicates where the Robo-Cop fellow died. Cremation area speaks for itself, you might not want to go in there. Just south of that is an elevator which Muro and Sushi wisely passed up. ( X marks the spot) and the arrow points down on the staircase they took.


              Speaking of those two;
              Once you get down there its not such a big room, just seems that way from the lack of furniture and the semi-darkness. Sushi hisses her dislike of the situation and sure enough a Machine-gun starts firing blindly and hits Muro with a few rounds... rifle-caliber stuff that her armor can deal with, except for the kinetic shock perhaps.

              Sushi was expecting something like that, but her reaction is a bit much.
              Muro, your hair stands on end for a moment and you catch a wiff of something that reminds you of stormy weather. At the same time, what seems to be a actual damn bolt of Lightning arcs from Sushi and into the armored door the MG was firing at you through. Between the bolt and the effect on the steel door, it is LOUD... and needless to say, that door is fused shut for the duration.

              Muro shakes her head to clear the spots and the ringing in her ears... and out of the corner of her eye she notices the door up at the top of this (incomplete) drawing open, and an arm holding a grenade emerges. He is 3 meters away, not a far away as he thinks, and Muro...
              Well, I leave that up to you.
              Here is the underground;


              Your move, everyone.

              Comment


              • benny can sink it if he likes

                weapons for beach away team.
                dutch 44, FN fal
                revy 9mms, amr
                elvie 57, AK74su, grenads
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                CPO Mzinyati

                Comment


                • Murotsu would have clarivoyanced on the bottom of the stair way before advancing unknowing into the room. She is also in a suit when visible that looks loosely like one of those 1950's high altitude pilot suits including a full head cover helmet. So, the blast effect would be purely physical and not audio at all. She can speak, hear, smell etc. with it on.

                  Murotsu, still on the stairs pulls Sushi back turning and kneeling to sheld her from any fragmentation.
                  "Grenade!" she says loudly as she does so.

                  After the grenade goes off and assuming both are still uninjured (Muro's suit should protect her from fragments and will from the blast then she does:

                  Murotsu takes a small smoke grenade Lori provided and tosses it into the room to fill it with even more smoke. Since her own equipment will still allow her to see she first checks to see what the door is made of if not open.

                  "Sushi! K?!" If Sushi is okay and can withstand the smoke the two will between them either cut that door off its hinges / slice the lock open / or Sushi teles to the far side to open it if it is safe to do so.

                  Murotsu isn't going to rush down a narrow hall or passage without carefully checking ahead for traps and such as she goes. She is trained to do that almost instinctively. Her methods in a situation like this are to be covert "Never there" she would tell you rather than brazen and overt.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                    benny can sink it if he likes

                    weapons for beach away team.
                    dutch 44, FN fal
                    revy 9mms, amr
                    elvie 57, AK74su, grenads
                    And Benny gets to be the first one to use the new torpedoes. He even managed to get a hit with the 1st one, and one was more than enough.

                    Looks finem Revy bitches about lugging the ATR around, as usual.

                    And, to make the story short, you find nothing but a Korean Hippy and his spaced-out girlfriend. The guy is beating on a radio, is cell-phone cast aside and gives up with a shrug and a shake of his head when you walk in. He's not paid enough to take risks, he says several times. The girl just offers to make you sandwiches or a hit on the bong... at least they have good weed here.
                    (like I said, lets take this part slow)


                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Murotsu would have clarivoyanced on the bottom of the stair way before advancing unknowing into the room.
                    Clairvoyance does not give you any sort of sight that you would not normally have. A concealed gun-flap would not have been easy to spot even using that.

                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    After the grenade goes off and assuming both are still uninjured (Muro's suit should protect her from fragments and will from the blast then she does:
                    It does, they don't make very good grenades here. But, once again, LOUD.

                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Murotsu takes a small smoke grenade Lori provided and tosses it into the room to fill it with even more smoke. Since her own equipment will still allow her to see she first checks to see what the door is made of if not open.
                    There are 3 doors here, the ring told you that one was steel. The others probably are as well if they tossed a grenade in here.

                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    "Sushi! K?!"
                    She has no ear-protection, so she's deaf for a while, you have to face her and speak for her to read your lips.
                    You get a nod.

                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Murotsu isn't going to rush down a narrow hall or passage without carefully checking ahead for traps and such as she goes. She is trained to do that almost instinctively. Her methods in a situation like this are to be covert "Never there" she would tell you rather than brazen and overt.
                    Then maybe you should split up, Sushi is very much into the brazen and swift approach.
                    The problem here is that she goes to one door to either open for another grenade or to try to open it herself... and the other door opens instead. Not the fused one, the one at the SE corner of the room. You can't see it, but thanks to your helmet's augmentations, Muro can hear it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Clairvoyance does not give you any sort of sight that you would not normally have. A concealed gun-flap would not have been easy to spot even using that.
                      But it does tell you the guy manning it is there...

                      [COLOR=red]
                      It does, they don't make very good grenades here. But, once again, LOUD.


                      There are 3 doors here, the ring told you that one was steel. The others probably are as well if they tossed a grenade in here.


                      She has no ear-protection, so she's deaf for a while, you have to face her and speak for her to read your lips.
                      You get a nod.

                      [COLOR=red]
                      If the two have control of the room they are in then the first thing is to make sure both know that there are three doors. Once they do that, they can each try one. Depending on how sturdily they are built Murotsu may be able to cut her way through one but if they are heavy duty that isn't going to work.
                      Murotsu (or Sushi if she's capable of it) need to look beyond each and decide which one(s) to try.

                      Then maybe you should split up, Sushi is very much into the brazen and swift approach.
                      The problem here is that she goes to one door to either open for another grenade or to try to open it herself... and the other door opens instead. Not the fused one, the one at the SE corner of the room. You can't see it, but thanks to your helmet's augmentations, Muro can hear it.
                      Murotsu makes hand gestures to Sushi saying there are three doors and pointing out where they are. She will look beyond each for traps or immediate danger and point that out if there is any.
                      Otherwise she is open to suggestion as to which way to go. She can also release a RATS into the space to scout ahead for her as she goes.

                      If they do split up Murotsu will go very cautiously forward looking for any sign of a trap, etc. Sushi may prefer brazen but on her own Murotsu's style is that of a ninja or spy. She will want to sneak in unseen.

                      Muro is also likely as not to move on the ceiling or walls of the space using her ZG equipment as she is to walk in on the floor. She would know that the NK's have no concept or idea that someone could possibly do that so it would give her an advantage. She thinks in 3D not 2D as far as possibilities go.
                      Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 07 Dec 13, 20:28.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        If the two have control of the room they are in then the first thing is to make sure both know that there are three doors. Once they do that, they can each try one. Depending on how sturdily they are built Murotsu may be able to cut her way through one but if they are heavy duty that isn't going to work.
                        Murotsu (or Sushi if she's capable of it) need to look beyond each and decide which one(s) to try.
                        NOW we're talking!
                        Okay, you push beyond the doors with your PSI and Sushi with her magic to see what is beyond.


                        At the door Muro is at (SE corner) there is a man with a grenade ready to pull that same trick that was just tried at the other one, and he has a friend there with a pistol in one hand and the Grenadier's belt gripped firmly in the other.
                        At the other not-jamed door, Sushi is looking at 4 guys with more on the way. It would appear that you are seconds away from a coordinated attack.

                        Comment


                        • Murotsu, her reflexes heightened with awareness, waits until the guy pulls the pin on his grenade. It is obivous the second man is going to pull him back after he tosses it into the room where Muro and Sushi are.
                          "Four you door! Grenade!" Muro shouts at Sushi as she kicks and slams the door she is at in the guy's face causing him to fall backwards and drop the grenade he was about to toss...
                          She moves to clear the swing of the door and gets two stars ready to throw into the passageway to kill (poisoned) any survivors still standing.
                          Muro is clearing the door since it will likely swing violently open when the grenade goes off
                          Muro also moves to the ceiling of the space she is in as she does this.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Murotsu, her reflexes heightened with awareness, waits until the guy pulls the pin on his grenade. It is obivous the second man is going to pull him back after he tosses it into the room where Muro and Sushi are.
                            "Four you door! Grenade!" Muro shouts at Sushi as she kicks and slams the door she is at in the guy's face causing him to fall backwards and drop the grenade he was about to toss...
                            She moves to clear the swing of the door and gets two stars ready to throw into the passageway to kill (poisoned) any survivors still standing.
                            Muro is clearing the door since it will likely swing violently open when the grenade goes off
                            Muro also moves to the ceiling of the space she is in as she does this.
                            Sushi slaps something on the door she was at and sprints towards you, even as the grenade goes off.
                            Good call with the door; it was heavy enough to block most of the blast and latching it might have jammed that one as well.

                            Behind Sushi, that other door opens right after the blast... and what you hear from there makes you want to move on. Muro has heard the screams of men when they are on fire, when their genitals are shredded, when their knees or arms are crushed or when they are gutted by her blades. What you are hearing now is none of those things, its worse, and it just goes on an on. Sushi ignores what is happening in the smoke behind her and Holds the door open for Muro... maybe she is tired or thinks its your turn to shine, but she will let you stay in the lead here.
                            Until you start to slow down, anyway.

                            And... now that you are in, its mostly a cake-walk. Two deadly chicks that are basically bullet-proof and working as a team vs a clinic.
                            One thing that might divert Muro for a moment; a non-Oriental looking gent that has blades instead of guns.
                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/1750s-Indian...item2ecbebf48e

                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-AUTH...item4cfd204d91

                            Not "looks like", those are the actual blades.


                            And, until Chris and his team do a little catching up, I can't do much more with you anyway.

                            I will have an expanded map of the underground for you tomorrow.

                            Comment


                            • looking at the man. "hey call back to the coast gaurd and tell them you found the source of the disturbance, it was just a party ship and they have move on."

                              "any body here want a sandwich"
                              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                              CPO Mzinyati

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                                looking at the man. "hey call back to the coast gaurd and tell them you found the source of the disturbance, it was just a party ship and they have move on."
                                You have to try that a couple of times, your basic course in Korean was VERY basic. (or was it Revy that took it?)
                                But yes, he'll do it. Cooperating with American criminals might not get him shot in the back, and might even keep his dopey Girlfriend out of trouble.


                                Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                                "any body here want a sandwich"
                                Elvie is glad to take one, its Nuttella and Fluff (that spreadable Marshmallow stuff). She'll be wide awake for the rest of this operation.
                                Revy seems a little ill just looking at it.

                                You can just barely hear a few shots from the beach where the Truck is parked. Spaced, leisurely shots, with a relay from Benny you find that they are just taking pot-shots at the bushes where you said those smugglers swam ashore. Wrong side of the hill, but you never know... at least that's their excuse for cutting loose with their new toys.

                                The young couple now look scared, and ready to bolt, they don't speak any English and didn't follow that conversation on the radio.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X