Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 3; The Mask is Strange,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is going to be a rough week for me, got a full plate from dawn to almost midnight with RL stuff for the next 7 days. So, post something and I'll try to deal with it, but no promises until about the 9th.

    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner
    Target.

    Muro and Sushi stay hidden. Muro sends a RATS down to investigate (it won't get closer than 2 meters to a person without something between it and them... no repeat of Hong Kong...). It looks in windows and explores the compound thoroughly including things like power, building construction, number of people, who is doing what, you name it.
    The two that night prepare some early surprises for the raid. They also monitor the road for traffic and the train schedule (its a small passenger train with just a few cars and a baggage car)
    They mine the rail tunnel nearby to block it when the time comes. Set out charges to take down power poles, and the back up generators, that sort of stuff.
    They then plan how the two will go through the guard / administrative building and take out everyone on duty etc., about 30 minutes before the raid arrives.
    .
    I would doubt that there would be guard dogs loose on the countryside as there are rice paddys and such nearby to supply most of the garrison's food. Having the peasants torn apart probably would not be a good thing.
    That gives you a pretty full night, setting things up is do-able but you have Dogs to worry about. You will booth be too beat to do much the next day but rest during daylight, so it looks like the nigh hide is best.

    You mean the building outside the wall, the one that has most of the Guards in it? That one Damien wanted for himself.
    Time to tell you what the other buildings are;
    The two in the middle are normal two-story Hospital buildings, normal in the sense that they fit into what you would expect a hospital to be 30 years ago. The building to the east nearest the one outside the wall is more of an Admin building, 3 stories and lots of office space, as well as the rooms that probably have ranking officers in them during business hours. The building at the other end is 0ne-story and has blacked-out windows and a large chimney that is partly hidden.
    And since RAts can't goin inside, that's all you get for now. Lots of Guards, at least 6 are on duty on and around the walls at any one time and a couple more strolling around out in the countryside.
    During the middle of the day, a truck arrives and backs up to the blacked-out building and must have been un-loaded, then loaded again, judging by the sit of the suspension.


    About the Dogs;
    No, they are not loose, a 2-man patrol will have one dog on a leash. These are handy for tracking people or finding the trail of anyone prowling around the area. Yes, they get lucky and pick up your trail once. Sushi deals with this by generating an illusion; Call it a Yeti, Bigfoot, or whatever, its the wort of thing that sends man & Dog scampering away and will also leave them very reluctant to tell anyone what they saw, or think they saw.
    Unless Muro would rather deal with it another way?


    Of course, all this information is relayed to Iwakuni, and Chris and the others have more definite information about the target than they did before.

    On the island with Dutch, you have your hands full, as I said before. Lori is telling you that somebody in the Village is calling the Coast Guard, they saw the flare and heard something that might be guns or fireworks, they are not sure. (I forgot how loud 14.5mm fire can be)

    Kotomi and Rock;
    Are you headed stright back home, or willing to do a little sight-seeing in Japan before you go? The safest way to go would probably be to head straight back on a 727 bound for Manila.

    Comment


    • Things just changed for the better, I'll be able to get back into this tomorrow.
      Go ahead and formulate some responses to the above, I'll have a map of the compound on Saturday.

      Comment


      • NP. Have all day tomorrow...

        Comment


        • I'm back as well. I'll swing by tomorrow whilst working on all the other little things that have come up on vacation.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

          Comment


          • Okay, its been 5 days since I put that post up there are the top of the page. Was hoping for some input on the choices presented, but in a couple of hours or less I'm just gonna run with it and keep going all weekend.
            This thing really should be done by the end of the year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Okay, its been 5 days since I put that post up there are the top of the page. Was hoping for some input on the choices presented, but in a couple of hours or less I'm just gonna run with it and keep going all weekend.
              This thing really should be done by the end of the year.
              I'm typing a response right now, give me a bit...

              Comment


              • Guliop-Ri

                The flight should be arriving in an hour or so. Lori sits in the Isotta that is heavily camouflaged with netting. She is monitoring the approaches to the island. A RATS drone flits about looking for problems.
                She is parked and camouflaged on the small island just off Guilop-Ri to the South of it.

                She has already set out two laser markers that will illuminate the edges of the landing strip and has an additional approach marker ready to guide the planes in for a safe landing. These were disguised as rocks and have a MON 50 mine planted nearby for remote detonation if anyone messes with them.

                She set the smoke canister out to conceal the entire area the planes should be parked in while on the ground if it is necessary to conceal them.

                Lagoon arrives and opens up on the small Chinese smuggling boat she’s been watching edge its way towards Korea.
                What are they doing?! she thinks in mild alarm. Lori starts scanning for any sort of Korean military response to this.

                Lights come on at the visitor center on Guliop-Ri. A cell phone call goes out. She jams the signal. A second is placed and that is jammed too.
                This is not good

                Lori calls the Lagoon boat on a secure link with the comm gear she gave Benny.
                “Mr. Benny, what are you doing? Why is Lagoon creating a situation that potentially could bring the authorities down on us? I am jamming several cell phones calling from Guliop-Ri already. I cannot jam them indefinitely.
                Inform Mr. Dutch he is to immediately land on Guliop-Ri and secure all communications from that island. The mission is in danger if he does not. Understood?”

                Target

                Murotsu gets out the RATS she brought.
                “Spy” she tells Sushi. “Do work. We wait. Lori tell what do after.”
                Releasing it she relaxes and watches as it turns invisible and moves off to the compound.

                At the compound it finds as much data as it can about the buildings. One thing Lori notes in interest is that neither the walls or buildings of the compound are solid concrete. Instead, they are mostly made of hollow block.
                I would assume that the workers / contractor doing the job would short sheet everything he could get away with making sure that things are done half @$$ed on time rather than risk the government sending him to a gulag for not getting it done

                This makes it possible in some cases to get IR readings on the locations of people in buildings along with peeking in windows etc. Lori builds a file of the number and location of personnel at the target quickly this way.

                Murotsu is told to go down to the rail line and set charges north and south of the target (with Lori’s help in placing them right) to stop the train system from moving reinforcements to the compound.
                By road she estimates it will be nearly an hour before they can get assembled, in trucks, and arrive as the maximum truck speed on the narrow winding mountain roads is only about 20 mph at most.
                Charges are also placed on several power poles north and south of the compound to take down power and the telephones to the compound.

                The two spend most of the day drinking and “playing around” while the RATS does the spying. Murotsu occasionally uses clairvoyance on some target Lori calls and asks about.
                Psionics are used only if Sushi says they won’t get Merrin’s attention.

                The darkened window building gets Lori’s attention early on and she has the RATS sniff around it extensively.

                Lori late in the day contacts Murotsu and gives her instructions on what to do for the strike.

                She and Sushi are to take out the roving patrols about an hour or a bit less than that before the strike arrives. They are admonished that it has to be less than the interval (about an hour) that they check in with the base by walking in sight of the guard building.
                Murotsu asks if Sushi can turn the dogs on their handlers.

                Murotsu can use near ZG bounds to leap on the guards from an almost aerial assault and hack them down without them ever seeing her coming at them.

                Lori tells the two as the strike approaches for a landing that she will notify the two. Murotsu should recover the RATS before the landing occurs and before she goes into action.
                She asks Sushi to create illusions at that point that will cause the guards to open fire on each other as Murotsu will move in to slaughter them. Lori recommends to Sushi that she should do this within the buildings themselves too to create maximum confusion among the responders.

                Lori waits to relay the information to the incoming flight until they are on the ground.

                Flight to target and out a briefing

                Lori plans on leading the aircraft in a loose formation she devised to maximize their entering North Korean airspace undetected. Once they pass through the coastal radar stations she is going to have them descend to a level that puts them just lower than ridgelines along the flight route to the target. They are to string out more so that they don’t use as much fuel and effort as flying in a tight formation would require.
                All three planes will have to use GPS and Lori has already laid out a set of route guides for the pilots. She collects almost all of the tech she has handed out too. No risking the North Koreans getting any of that unnecessarily.
                At the target Murotsu is supposed to have put out laser markers as at Guilop-Ri with mines nearby to mark the landing strip on the road.
                Murotsu and Sushi are supposed to have the guards already largely occupied or taken out to make things easier. They both are leaving the guard building alone other than creating confusion there.

                Lori will also tell Damien and the others that there are between 30 and 50 Mig 21 and 19 aircraft (or Chinese variants thereof) on at least three airfields that might try intercepting them on the way out. She will remain at very high altitude out of sight and hidden to assist in intercepting these if they try to stop the flight outbound.

                She is also only going to fully jam the radar system outbound if the N. Koreans are not on alert and actively looking for them. There is little point in a full deception if they are. Instead she will cover the aircraft and attack intercepting aircraft with the Isotta if necessary.

                Once clear of N. Korea they should fly as low as possible back to Guilop-Ri.

                Comment


                • Chris considers the information before giving a quick briefing to his team: "We don't have a confirmed location on the targets yet. I would suspect they'll be in one of the hospital buildings, or in the one without windows. We will need to move fast to hit all of those if necessary. Also, it seems that things are getting warm at our first layover. So if everyone is done window shopping, we'll be mounting up and getting out of here ASAP"

                  Chris sends out a request to narrow the target building list by finding the children.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                  Comment


                  • "How long till coast gaurd rock up"

                    (I should be ashoar locked and loaded excorting the truck)
                    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

                    CPO Mzinyati

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                      "How long till coast gaurd rock up"

                      (I should be ashoar locked and loaded excorting the truck)
                      Right, and you get the message below from Lori, which means you are really feeling short-handed again.
                      The good news is that the fuel truck is not being molested when you get there, and when they hear that there are an unknown number of hostiles ashore, they ask if you have any guns they can borrow.

                      The bad news is the village is over a kilometer away along a dark, winding footpath through the hills. (village is the wrong word, its more like a deserted summer camp, but somebody is there; they seem to think that some fools started a bonfire on the beach and are firing off fireworks.)

                      Dutch also gets that itch... something tells him that its about to get a lot more dangerous here. Nothing definite, but his instincts are making his ears burn.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Guliop-Ri

                      “Mr. Benny, what are you doing? Why is Lagoon creating a situation that potentially could bring the authorities down on us? I am jamming several cell phones calling from Guliop-Ri already. I cannot jam them indefinitely.
                      Inform Mr. Dutch he is to immediately land on Guliop-Ri and secure all communications from that island. The mission is in danger if he does not. Understood?”
                      Okay, we have to put the Island on slow-motion until the Target is taken care of.
                      If I'm starting to get confused, the other players must be really irritated by now.


                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Target

                      Murotsu gets out the RATS she brought.
                      “Spy” she tells Sushi. “Do work. We wait. Lori tell what do after.”
                      Releasing it she relaxes and watches as it turns invisible and moves off to the compound.

                      I would assume that the workers / contractor doing the job would short sheet everything he could get away with making sure that things are done half @$$ed on time rather than risk the government sending him to a gulag for not getting it done

                      Not hollow, but just as cheap as everything else here, think cinder-block w/o reinforcing and little cement or mortar.
                      There are 67 Guards and 8 Dobermans in the outer barracks. (the word "fine" is Damien's only response, he still orders that nobody but him go to that building)
                      The Admin building has 21 people in it when scanned, most of those grouped into just 3 rooms.
                      The Hospital Buildings have only 3-4 people in them, no patients and is using little power, less than 1/10th of what is being pumped into the last building.

                      That last building has a dozen men in it, all armed, but that number varies unpredictably. .... but see below.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Murotsu is told to go down to the rail line and set charges north and south of the target (with Lori’s help in placing them right) to stop the train system from moving reinforcements to the compound.
                      By road she estimates it will be nearly an hour before they can get assembled, in trucks, and arrive as the maximum truck speed on the narrow winding mountain roads is only about 20 mph at most.
                      Charges are also placed on several power poles north and south of the compound to take down power and the telephones to the compound.
                      You guys had a busy time, like I said. Muro must be happy to find that Sushi is tough enough to keep up with her and not even complain.

                      The Railroad is easy, but if the enemy has off-road vehicles then mining the road is of limited value.
                      The FW might have somefun after all.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Psionics are used only if Sushi says they won’t get Merrin’s attention.
                      You know... instead of just giving you a dirty look like Damien, or going off like Chris, Sushi shrugs and says; "Do you really think that old monster is down there, in that dump? If you do, it would be a very, very bad idea."

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      The darkened window building gets Lori’s attention early on and she has the RATS sniff around it extensively.
                      Yes, but there is a problem; There is a layer of lead in the flooring, and the number of people in there varies without anyone leaving out the doors. And there is something else; that big chimney is going most of the time, and a scan of the soot reveals that its mostly human remains in the chemical composition.
                      Sushi insists you pass this information on to the team right away. Better they find out now than during the operation.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      She and Sushi are to take out the roving patrols about an hour or a bit less than that before the strike arrives. They are admonished that it has to be less than the interval (about an hour) that they check in with the base by walking in sight of the guard building.
                      Murotsu asks if Sushi can turn the dogs on their handlers.
                      Murotsu can use near ZG bounds to leap on the guards from an almost aerial assault and hack them down without them ever seeing her coming at them. [/QUOTE]
                      Sushi is just as creative and as quiet; she is using blades too now. And that trick about making the guards shoot at each other is something she is saving for a really desperate moment... like, just in case Damien isn't bad-ass enough to clear that building himself... something she has remarked on more than once.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Lori tells the two as the strike approaches for a landing that she will notify the two. Murotsu should recover the RATS before the landing occurs and before she goes into action.
                      She asks Sushi to create illusions at that point that will cause the guards to open fire on each other as Murotsu will move in to slaughter them. Lori recommends to Sushi that she should do this within the buildings themselves too to create maximum confusion among the responders.

                      Lori waits to relay the information to the incoming flight until they are on the ground.
                      Sushi wants to be inside that building and headed into whatever is down below BEFORE the team lands. She has some clever ways to make that happen.
                      However.... as good as it sounds and as commanding she can be at times, Muro adds up to exactly half the recon element and can veto the ideas if it comes to that.
                      I'd like a quick answer to that so that I can move on with the landing itself tonight, if possible.


                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Flight to target and out a briefing

                      Lori plans on leading the aircraft in a loose formation she devised to maximize their entering North Korean airspace undetected. Once they pass through the coastal radar stations she is going to have them descend to a level that puts them just lower than ridgelines along the flight route to the target. They are to string out more so that they don’t use as much fuel and effort as flying in a tight formation would require.
                      All three planes will have to use GPS and Lori has already laid out a set of route guides for the pilots. She collects almost all of the tech she has handed out too. No risking the North Koreans getting any of that unnecessarily.
                      Once again, the big new attack plane is not taking part in this. Its too loud, you don't have the pilots yet and it would sink into the sand on the island, as you yourself pointed out.

                      Everyone is concerned that you are going to be in the right place to block the radar on the border. Given that, confidence is high that once inside N. Korea we will have no real trouble getting in. Out, on the other hand...

                      You need to work out ahead of time if Dannon or Lori will deal directly with any airfields that go on alert before we are leaving.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      At the target Murotsu is supposed to have put out laser markers as at Guilop-Ri with mines nearby to mark the landing strip on the road.
                      Murotsu and Sushi are supposed to have the guards already largely occupied or taken out to make things easier. They both are leaving the guard building alone other than creating confusion there.
                      Do nothing with that building, there are too many men there for you to deal with.
                      Either they will come spilling out when the plane lands, to be met by belt-fed MG fire, or they won't. Either way, a fiery funeral is planned for them.

                      IR goggles are available for the Pilots, in fact Dannon will be depending on them to keep track of the Caribou.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Lori will also tell Damien and the others that there are between 30 and 50 Mig 21 and 19 aircraft (or Chinese variants thereof) on at least three airfields that might try intercepting them on the way out. She will remain at very high altitude out of sight and hidden to assist in intercepting these if they try to stop the flight outbound.
                      Damien;
                      "Following standard routine, about half of those aircraft will be down for maintenance. Half of the rest are likely to be hangar Queens or disarmed at the moment. Flying at night is not unknown for the Norks, but few of the pilots on hand will be very good at is. Most likely, half of dozen of those aircraft would be a real threat to us.... but it won't be obvious which those are until they are in the air.
                      Let's try not to let them get airborne, and remember that they might NOT be following standard routine and we might be in serious trouble.

                      Best case scenario; Dannon gets there in time to drop a FuelAirMix bomb on the base as the first fighter is taxiing along the runway.
                      Lets try to make that happen."

                      Chris may have something else to say on the matter.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      She is also only going to fully jam the radar system outbound if the N. Koreans are not on alert and actively looking for them. There is little point in a full deception if they are. Instead she will cover the aircraft and attack intercepting aircraft with the Isotta if necessary.
                      Danger to you and your Isotta is to be avoided.
                      You should attempt to misdirect them instead, get them to attack each other if possible, as Sushi says she can do on the ground.

                      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Once clear of N. Korea they should fly as low as possible back to Guilop-Ri.
                      Agreed.
                      Would the confusion caused by flying over the capitol be made worthless by the added attention it would draw to us, in the opinion of Lori and Chris?

                      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      Chris considers the information before giving a quick briefing to his team: "We don't have a confirmed location on the targets yet. I would suspect they'll be in one of the hospital buildings, or in the one without windows. We will need to move fast to hit all of those if necessary. Also, it seems that things are getting warm at our first layover. So if everyone is done window shopping, we'll be mounting up and getting out of here ASAP"

                      Chris sends out a request to narrow the target building list by finding the children.
                      Gents, we are not landing at Gueleop first, the distance to the target is not that great and we want to land and take off light, not heavy with fuel.
                      It also would not be terribly realistic to use the same illicit landing pad twice and make the N'orks go berserk on the same night. We are pushing it as it is.

                      That is why I said Dutch's part in this comes after the raid itself. Its also why I have to keep that in slow-motion for a little while.

                      Comment


                      • Sushi wants to be inside that building and headed into whatever is down below BEFORE the team lands. She has some clever ways to make that happen.
                        However.... as good as it sounds and as commanding she can be at times, Muro adds up to exactly half the recon element and can veto the ideas if it comes to that.
                        Murotsu is good with that. "More for me!" she says obviously relishing getting to kill men. She's for all intents invisible in those thermoptics, all but bullet proof as well. With her ZG capability she can come at them in ways they can't even conceive can be done.

                        They'll leave the barracks for Damien.

                        Lori just says "Understood" on Damien wanting the Isotta to not engage the enemy.

                        Lori tells Damien that flying over the capital will almost certainly result in their being spotted. There are far more radars in that area and it will be very difficult for her to jam all of them.
                        Aside from that once the N. Koreans are alerted if it is the capital the response will be quicker and much larger as top officals and officers in the military will be calling for the response versus some commander at a local military base unwilling to make a decision on his own who will wait for direction.
                        Lori explains that her review of North Korean military behavior is that lower ranking officers won't make decisions on their own that could result in their making a mistake. They will wait for higher command to tell them what to do. So, avoiding the capital avoids the top command structure and slows the response.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Lori tells Damien that flying over the capital will almost certainly result in their being spotted. There are far more radars in that area and it will be very difficult for her to jam all of them.
                          Aside from that once the N. Koreans are alerted if it is the capital the response will be quicker and much larger as top officals and officers in the military will be calling for the response versus some commander at a local military base unwilling to make a decision on his own who will wait for direction.
                          Lori explains that her review of North Korean military behavior is that lower ranking officers won't make decisions on their own that could result in their making a mistake. They will wait for higher command to tell them what to do. So, avoiding the capital avoids the top command structure and slows the response.
                          "Okay. I would have thought the opposite, what with all the bureaucrats involving themselves and the way the military would pull in to defend their glorious autocrat. But I hear that you have dealt with more militarilies than I have, so just chart us a course out and we'll follow it."

                          (that actually would have been worked out well ahead of time, as well as the exact routing)


                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Murotsu is good with that. "More for me!" she says obviously relishing getting to kill men. She's for all intents invisible in those thermoptics, all but bullet proof as well. With her ZG capability she can come at them in ways they can't even conceive can be done.
                          You have to time this carefully, don't want to get in too deep or set off the alarms before your pals arrive. Sound travels very well after midnight just about anywhere in the world.

                          Before then, you have dealt with 2 roving patrols and a lurking informant in the village (that was Muro's eye for detail) and, disturbingly, a T-55 tank that had backed into a hidden overhang in the hill south of town, exactly the place where it could see & shoot into the compound and the road where Chris is about to land. It must have been there for a while, it has no motor and was hooked into the electrical lines (which is how Sushi found it).

                          Muro takes care of the wall, which involves the swift silent death of 3 soldiers, plus one that tried to sneak up behind Sushi. Appropriately grateful, Sushi will take care of getting in the target building... which is good because that front door is some sort of polymer that is 4 inches thick.
                          What she does is nasty; a self-transformation into a semi-transparent Phantom that (if you are close enough and have the light to spot her) is just hideous... but the security cams don't track her and she passes right through a tiny crack in the door-jamb.

                          A long minute goes by, and you can hear the engines of the Caribou when the door finally opens. (that means the Caribou is close, they will land with the engines throttled-back)
                          Inside, you see 8 men on the floor without a mark on them, and Sushi returning to her normal () state.
                          One of the men snores, and Sushi looks at Muro and flashes you an evil grin, and pulls her scimitar. Its a race to see which of you can cut their throats quicker.

                          I'm not sure if its a clear case of Sushi almost being in your league, or the other way around. She can make a back-handed slash at a dummy that she is not looking at, and then do the same thing again and the cut will land withing 1 cm. of the first one... with the scimitar.

                          From there you go on to where the staircase leading down is located (she reminds you to call this in) where 2 soldiers have killed each other in a knife fight. "Guess I'm still pretty hot even as a brunette, but I told them only one at a time." There was rather more to it than that, but now its Muro's turn to lead the way.
                          I will have a map for you tomorrow.

                          Yes, there is a Camera here, this one even seems to work. Sushi does not tamper with it, she really does not know how anyway. She simply flips it the Bird .... the Caribou's motors are plainly audible even inside the building now, and follows Muro down a long flight of stairs to a dimly lit room that is as spacious as a small theater.


                          Landing;
                          (I'll cover this in another post in just a few minutes)

                          Comment


                          • Chris checks with the pilot before he steps free of the cockpit and back to the the cargo hold where the team awaits. "ALL RIGHT! FIVE MINUTES! STAND TO!" Chis yells above the din of the engines. Coming up on the ersatz 'security leader' and Kendra, he lowers his voice speaking directly in their ears. "Security team off first. Machine gunners to their posts. We land, scan the area, and then the engines go off and the strike team moves out. I need that happening in under two minutes once we go wheels down."

                            Moving to the rear of the plane, he admonishes his strike team to ready themselves. Each is kitted up with their weapons, including the tranq gun for one and a pair of syringes per man in plastic cases for subduing their subjects. Chris slings his own SMG/Carbine and slips his shotgun into it's scabbard, his pistols already in their holsters.
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                            Comment


                            • Landing;

                              With Yuan-Ti at the controls you make a gut-wrenching approach.

                              Its gone very smoothly up to that point. Lori defeats N. Korean counter-measures and ECCM with ease, and the sound of old rattle-traps groping their way through the darkness does not even make anyone look up as far as you can tell.

                              The wind is from the south, no surprise in Spring, but also slightly from the east. That would indicate a cautious landing is a good idea, but that's the last thing Yuan-Ti wants to do. he makes a steep, fluttering approach, but that's not showing off. If anyone happens to be watching, and its pretty much a given that somebody will see something on radar or with their eyes, it will appear that one plane is making an emergency landing and another (the FW) is circling back to observe.
                              This guy is a dare-Devil, but he's also very good at what he does, by the end of this trip Chris will have learned enough to pilot this bird himself. You land on the road, which sees so little heavy traffic that its free of potholes for the most part, and he pulls up to the paved lot in front of the barracks as if he owns the joint.

                              At the moment of your arrival, the duty squad is already piling out of the main entrance ... but they are not headed your way. Yes, they look at you with wide eyes, but they are headed to the compound where something must be going on already.
                              That's all the break you need; while they look back and forth, your door gunner and Kendra mow them down.

                              Damien is first out, hooded and cloaked and looking like a hunch-backed monster of some sort, he hustles over to that open door as fast as the weight of his gear will allow. At the door, and Officer in cammo cut to dress-uniform specs (yeah, you know the type) nearly runs right into him. The officer fires his pistol,one of those big Russian pistols (a Stetchkin?) that fires small bullets in bursts, and stitches Damien across the chest. He staggers a little, and is ready to butt-stroke the N. Korean when a single shot from the door MG flips the Officer back into the building. Lexi has a gift for controlling her bursts.
                              Its possible, likely even, that one or more of those shots penetrated hos armor, but Damien just bulls his way in, and closes the door behind him.

                              Now you get it. What makes him so deadly with this rig is that a couple of bursts from that flame-thrower consumes the oxygen in the building, asphyxiating anyone not burning. The air-pack may slow him down, but it keeps Damien alive in a place where nothing less will do.
                              He answers any questions over the com-links with "I'm fine, just go do your jobs".

                              Once again, map tomorrow that will show interior as well as exterior layouts, it will conform with the map TAG already made for us except for number of floors, those I already noted.

                              Chris; I recall that you wanted the back-up triad to trade their RPO for a LMG, did you stand by that? A PK might be a bit much for them to lug around and you have those door-guns in a pretty good spot.
                              Yuan-Ti is not leaving the cockpit and is keeping the props turning.

                              You, Kendra and the triad going with you will soon find that the rifle grenades are not strong enough to open the exterior doors, but you have enough disposable RPGs to take care of that, and the windows can be pieced by fired grenades.
                              The N'orks don't have the best oversight, it would appear.

                              You also know that the pair ahead of you have found the way down below to the only place that is likely to have what you are looking for. You get mostly static from them until you reach those stairs.

                              The Hospital buildings are quiet, but the Admin building is lighting up like a Christmas tree. It is hoped that its mostly pot-bellied officers and their secretaries in there, but you never know.

                              Comment


                              • Chris nods to the circumstances as his strike team pours off the ramp with altogether too much precision for kids. "Do what you think is best, but I'd better have a plane and no one lighting my back up when I come back to it" he admonishes his support team.

                                Chris jumps down from the ramp as Yuan-Ti turns the plane. Motioning forward, the strike team moves out. Chris makes one last-minute adjustment "Lexi, don't let anyone come out of that admin building" he says pointing to the rapidly lighting building. Admin or barracks, it's going to be a prime targets for the tail gunner....

                                Moving out himself, they head for the buildings. "Status report" he calls on the team freq, then with Kendra able to hear those, he swaps to the radios carried by Sushi and company. "I need a location, otherwise I'm just out here in the dark ladies."

                                They move forward briskly from cover to cover, aiming for a spot between the hospital buildings and the strange building.....
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                • casanova
                                  Nuclear battleheads.
                                  by casanova
                                  A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                  Yesterday, 23:58
                                Working...
                                X