Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Depends on your point of view...

Speaking of that, I need an action & location for Murotsu.
    NP on Murotsu, but it's going to get ugly rather than better with her after that threat...

Comment

• OOC: No clue what to do. Weren't people coming to attack us? Thats why I called the sand. I'm just not sure I have the time or patience left for this.
      First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
        OOC: No clue what to do. Weren't people coming to attack us? Thats why I called the sand. I'm just not sure I have the time or patience left for this.
        OOC: That's the sounds of boots and shouting that's getting closer...

Sept 8 Boulder CO, Hospital.

Lori repeats her command when Gaara doesn't move. "Take the card. Leave. NOW!"

Comment

• Sept 7th Pasadena CA shortly after sunset.

The fire alarms are going off in the Tiro Apartments. People start coming out of their units into the hallway (if there are any traps the guys who left the card with Murotsu placed those go off on them).

The Asian (I assume that to be the case here) man that handed her the card hurries away to his vehicle parked in the lot on the other side of the theater. (It is the only public place to park nearby. Oh, if there's more than one present she's going to slaughter them all the same way in the near blink of an eye.)

Murotsu sees him coming through the alley between the theater and weight loss center. DIE! she thinks as she turns on her thermoptics pulls out two foot long blades and using her own psionic skills heightens her strength and agility then fades. Last, she uses the grav belt to lower her own weight to about 60% of what it would be without it.
          Bounding out of her hiding spot over the low wall next to her. She runs at full speed at him.
          He can see a shimmer, like a heat wave, moving at him very fast. The thermoptics can't keep up entirely with her run.
          As she reaches him Murotsu shoves one blade through his chest like through hot butter, 35 centruries of improved technology making it cut through him like a laser scapel. She pirouettes pulling out that blade as the other slices him at the waist all but in half. He topples over and a puddle of blood starts to form around his body.
          No security cameras record this as there are none in the alley and no one is watching. She can hear the sound of sirens headed towards her responding to the fire alarm.

Murotsu runs around the corner of the alley and then comes to a walk. Keeping the thermoptics on she walks towards Walnut street stopping along the way when a good spot presents itself to turn off the themoptics without being observed. From there she heads over to Lake Avenue where she catches a bus fading again right after paying the fare. She takes it to Washington Ave where she gets off and then holes up in an abandoned building for the moment awaiting Lori's call with information on the card. She uses her perscomm to check the status of the hidden gravcoupe to ensure it hasn't been tampered with.

Sept 7th Boulder CO. about 9 pm

Lori using her equipment she brought with her patches a call through to the hotel in Hong Kong and asks for the room listed in such a way the call cannot be traced.

I just hope I can stop this war before Murotsu leaves too many dead bodies in California... Lori recognizes that at some point no matter how well Murotsu can cover her tracks the Terran government will catch up. That will make getting home harder but it does give them a barganing chip the fool in Hong Kong doesn't know they have.
          At worst it is our advanced technology and knowledge versus your criminal activity. I think the government will side with us and wipe you out for us if it comes to that.
          Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 07 Aug 13, 22:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            Natuna Besar . March 11 2012

"That's not what I meant. This bit of wickedness that almost happened to Borneo... things are getting worse. Its as if people are in some sort of competition to out-do each other for sheer evil.
            We hold evil in contempt here. It's so... common."
            Nods of agreement all 'roud.

"I'd rather save that discussion for later."

Vondonna reveals an impatient side; "I was a slave at a brothel in Goa that no longer exists until I was rescued 9 years ago. You will find similar stories from most of us here." She glances at Damien, "Yes father, I understand that you were trying to be courteous to us all, but I do not think that modesty or politeness means much to our Guests." She nods to you all, "No offense."

The Heratic's last appearance in Ranapoor may not have been so coincidentally timed after all.

"Well, there is a void at the bow-end, plated over for now but it was intended as a firing pit for another 20mm. And there are a good many other little hidey-holes here and there.
            But no, its not for smuggling or other nefarious dealings. It is to help you in helping me deal with certain people. And I am well aware that it is worth 3 times what your boat can fetch from the most ardent collector back in the world. You work for me until the end of this year and you will have made up the balance as far as I am concerned."

Its a good breakfast, by the way. There is no coffee, but it can be quickly made available if you ask for it.

The looks you get will gradually become more friendly as you all become less of a group of strangers.
            "What do you mean take care of certain people, are you haveing problems"
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

OOC: No clue what to do. Weren't people coming to attack us? Thats why I called the sand. I'm just not sure I have the time or patience left for this.
              Ask and yea shall receive.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              OOC: That's the sounds of boots and shouting that's getting closer...

Sept 8 Boulder CO, Hospital.

Lori repeats her command when Gaara doesn't move. "Take the card. Leave. NOW!"
              Too late.
              The local goon-squad has arrived, and they are not amateurs. (lots of luck finding that card again)
              Two go for each of you girls, and the two on Kotomi have an easy time of leg-sweeping Kotomi and hurling whole body her right out of the room.
              However... the two that went for Lori rolled comically low and your reaction was perfect, absolutely perfect... so I will let you describe it before taking your next action. You will be able to do that as well in your next post.

Gaara- The last man in, side-stepping the tumbling lady, has a weapon in each hand. Without saying a word or hesitating for even an eye-blink he triggers one and then the other. The odd thing with the wires misses your face, just barely. His other weapon (you don't know this but a Beretta 92 with sound-suppressor and other mods) triggers a 3-round burst at your legs.
              Its either the sand or a bloody miracle, but all 3 rounds missed.

(bleep), I guess its just a bad day to be a bad guy...
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Sept 7th Boulder CO. about 9 pm

Lori using her equipment she brought with her patches a call through to the hotel in Hong Kong and asks for the room listed in such a way the call cannot be traced.

The front Desk clerk ; "I's sorry miss, but there is no romm #100 in this hotel. Who were you trying to reach?"
                11 seconds later, your comm-unit will flash a warning; somebody with a lot of juice is trying to trace you. Ahem... in keeping with the theme today, they really botched it, so badly that you can misdirect them at will, you just have to keep them on the line a little longer.
                (and lets not do this again, we have to keep the timline flowing on one direction now)

Murotsu has no trouble, but what will she do next? (she will have to go straight to Sept 8, Noon)
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                  "What do you mean take care of certain people, are you haveing problems"
                  "Everyone has 'certain problems', aye? I'm not sure myself what's coming, which is a very bad thing in itself. The only thing I'm really sure of is that I will probably need a crew of gunslingers that can fight with their heads as well as with guns that never seem to miss. Have I got the right people?"

A ten year-old Thai girl asks (in very good English); "Will they be able to protect the Maltese Falcon?"

Damien just holds up a hand for silence... and he almost gets it.

Revy sneers; "The (bleep)ing heroes of Balikpapan, what a-"
                  A boy of about 13 sitting across from her nods fiercely and smiles, cutting her off. "Yes yes, you really are, we saw the whole thing. You were amazing!"
                  Its not what he says that stops Revy cold, but the thick Romanian accent.

Benny; "You saw it?"
                  "Yup, yes, hacked the Al-Jezeera live-feed, per-production, not the edited junk they put on the air."

Damien snaps his fingers and holds his hand up again. "Perhaps you need some time to think about it. I have some walking around money for you, and in any case it would be a bad idea leave just now. So, lets just enjoy a nice, quiet Sunday, alright?"
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• OOC: Sand would auto block any attack against Gaara. I mean he actually has no control over it. He fights encased in a large ball of sand anyway. His sand has proved impentrable to most blasts so bullets are no biggie. Sorry for the late and short post. Time constraints.

Gaara lets himself become encased within a large ball of sand held together by his chakra. Using his third eye he manipulates large tentacles of sand at super fast speeds toward the attackers. All are to he targeted. As soon as the sand catches any of his enemies he uses his sand coffin technique effectively killing the enemy by asphyxiation and having their entire body crushed by sand. Within his safe cocoon Gaara awaits results.

Comment

• Sept 7th Boulder PM at the hotel
                      Lori opens a second comm link to a local secure military line and connects the answering party to it. She then ‘dives’ into the comm link to ‘swim’ back to the source using her organic electronics. She can sense her location relative to the planet using the available gps signal, but cannot see who is on the phone at that end. There are unidentified male voices. She listens to them for a moment then severs her connection letting the link connect fully to the secure military line she chose.
                      “Is Kasakabe alright?” Kotomi asks.
                      “Yes” Lori replies. “She will be safe until we return. I will clean things up in California when we return. Do not worry about that.”

After she finishes she contacts Murotsu. Muro tells her what happened on a secure up - down link between their perscomms using the satellite tap. Lori tells her to choose a hotel near where she is and check in until she and Kotomi return. “Only use your talents on the apartment. Do not return there. We should be back no later than the tenth.”

Sept 8 Boulder con’t.

The first guy headed for Lori takes two swift kicks to the face well before he reaches her. He crashes into the second who sprawls onto the sand covered floor of the room face first.
                      Lori, hand already in purse, comes out with a raspberry pink automatic pistol. She aims it at the one man with a firearm and puts a three round burst in rapid succession into his chest, center mass. (there are no casings as the ammunition is caseless)
                      Unlike his subsonic lead rounds (I assume this to be the case due to the suppressor on the gun) she is firing the equivalent of 10mm APFSDS rounds that will plow clean through contemporary body armor like a cheap T-shirt. His chest explodes as the rounds tear through him at well above sonic speeds.
                      She continues to fire three round bursts, carefully aimed first at the two men that attacked her leaving both dead on the floor.
                      The two attacking Kotomi are engulfed in sand tentacles and Lori adds a finale to both shooting them three times each. In under ten seconds all five have been hit three times center mass.

“Kotomi! We need to leave NOW!” she says over the low roar of the sand as she grabs her and starts to head away from Gaara. As she does she replaces the magazine in her pistol with a fresh one taken from her purse and releases the slide to reload the weapon. She makes sure to keep the empty magazine.
                      Both can feel the tentacles reach for them then let go. (As it is obvious they are fleeing not fighting or a threat.)

“Find that card and contact us when you are safe” she calls to Gaara as the two leave.

As the two head for their rental car, Lori carefully checks each corridor for more security and avoids them. She takes out a dazzler she clips to her jeans to blind the security cameras as they go. At the nurse’s station she uses a small device to link to the facility’s computers and insert a destructive virus that will wipe out everything it comes in contact with.
                      Once in the vehicle Lori attends to Kotomi. “Are you damaged? You are functional correct?” She puts the pistol and other “toys” back in the magic box in case the authorities stop them on the way to the hotel. She then starts to drive away very casually as if nothing were happening. When no emergency vehicles appear heading towards the “hospital” Lori becomes suspicious.

“Kotomi, exactly what organization operates that facility we were at?”

Kotomi doesn’t answer and it is clear she is still in a degree of shock from the events that just occurred.

This requires Muro Lori thinks.
                      Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 08 Aug 13, 22:23.

Comment

• OOC: DO NOT presume you control my character's actions. Ever. That is one of my biggest pet peeves ever. My tentacles will capture and kill the men as i roleplayed. Obviously with a third eye technique I can see you all.

Comment

• OOC: I assumed you would recoginze Kotomi and my character were retreating and not a threat. I just went ahead and stated it. It wasn't much of a stretch to figure that out from the information you already gave.
                          Or, was it your intent to go ahead and have Gaara attack them after one shot all five men and had repeatedly shown she wasn't going to attack you?

Comment

• OOC: You seriously think you can take Gaara? That is humurous. I simply ask you not to control my character's actions. You see I roleplay my own character fine. Like I said its just a huge pet peeve. Yes Gaara will let you go.

I am also mystified in how you can kill 5 men with no roll?

Comment

OOC: You seriously think you can take Gaara? That is humurous. I simply ask you not to control my character's actions. You see I roleplay my own character fine. Like I said its just a huge pet peeve. Yes Gaara will let you go.

I am also mystified in how you can kill 5 men with no roll?
                              OOC. Lori is a well programmed / trained, excellent shot. None of those men are further than 10 or so feet from her. I could pump 15 rounds, 3 each into them at that distance in under 10 seconds. I know I can for real with a real pistol. And, I am not some crack shot like she's supposed to be. At 3 to 5 yards all you have to do is get the pistol lined up and the sights even slightly aligned on the target to do it, seeing as how I've done that probably over a hundred plus times if not more.
                              She's also using a compensated (ie., very smooth recoil for better repeated accuracy) light weapon that has all sorts of advanced features a contemporary pistol doesn't have.
                              I'll add for accuracy: One is standing facing you more or less stationary with a pistol at about ten feet or less from Lori. Two are at her feet within 5 or less feet. The other two are less than 6 feet away seeing as how Kotomi is next to Lori.

I simply added a single item for interest. Neither ever had any intent of attacking you. Lori would be too smart tactically to do that (attack you. She'd know better). Notice how she referred to needing Murotsu present several times. That would have made it a whole different proposition.
                              Lori on the other hand generally acts defensively in such situations not as an aggressor. I wasn't trying to step on your toes just make things move along.
                              Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 09 Aug 13, 01:53.

Comment

• Okay, that's it.

TIME OUT FOR THE BOTH OF YOU

Since you can't work together I need to decide which one of you to boot from the game.
                                Thanks for turning this into a nightmare.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X