Fires of the Lost, Episode 2: Prelude to Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The last bullet View Post
    "We want to know why you were running from the orcs with a jewel which they regard as their own? " Xangr replies.
    -"What Jewel?" He replies. Confronted with the obvious glares though, he produces a multifaceted stone, absolutely inky black, but with rays of light emanating from within. "He said he'd pay me for it. He said it's really his stone, it's not the Orcs to have."
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      -"What Jewel?" He replies. Confronted with the obvious glares though, he produces a multifaceted stone, absolutely inky black, but with rays of light emanating from within. "He said he'd pay me for it. He said it's really his stone, it's not the Orcs to have."
      Xangr questions the boy " What is his name?" How is this his stone and not the orcs?

Comment

As Ayanda talks to him, Wong begins to come to. His first deep breath causes him to clutch his side and grimace in pain. Wong looks at Ayanda as if he's trying to gather enough breath to speak.
        “It’s quite all right – tell me later..”

Ayanda turns Wong and lifts him over his shoulders in a fireman hold, making eye-contact with the closest party member so as not go entirely unnoticed.

He’ll then return to tavern in a hurry and meet with the barkeep and the horse there, if Wong is able to ride, they’ll ride in duo, if not he’ll fix him to the horse somehow and lead it at a run.

He’ll draw on his ranger skills to set up a campsite somewhere away from town, in a safe defendable location, tend to Wong’s wounds, and keep an eye out for the rest of the party should they have to leave town in a hurry.
        Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Wong gasps wait, set me down...

Then starts to chant something with his hand on his broken ribs...

The name Horanus seems to figure in this...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Fitz looks down, "Because you stole something that doesn't belong to you." He pauses, "And that put our group in a bad spot."
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

-"I don't know his name" the boy says, beginning to shudder. "But I have to take it to him...I can't let them down"

-Wong's words seem to do nothing as he moves along in pain, being carried around the tavern by Ayanda. As Ayanda reaches the other side, he sees a pair of horses, and two men......smiling, with knives in their hands. "We'll be seeing that money now"

-Alex hammers his quarry with his shield, knocking the mace aside easily as he nearly flops onto his back. He lunges with his long knife, but misses as the orc loses his balance and falls away from the blow. The orc swats back, smacking Alex out of position as he struggles to rise, blood pouring out of his mouth.

-Moze takes another shot at Zurbag as Bruno continues to back away. His sword strikes home, but on a solid piece of armor and does not penetrate, though it regains Zurbag's full attention. Another magic missile slams into Zurbag's shoulder, leaving a smoking burn, but the Orc shrugs it off as he hefts his axe and makes to beat the nimble thief into the ground blow by blow. Moze lunges at him, but turns it into a dive beneath the stroke....which is a feint as Zurbag whips the back edge around, showing some skill in fighting faster opponents. Moze rolls to his feet in time to see the blade flying true at his face, and a blur in the corner of his eye......the axe head stopping with the ring of a blacksmith's forge, a short blade buried in the center.....and held by Ali, standing firm as Zurbag jumps back in a staggering shock on his wounded leg. "No" he says as Moze and Dremlar see recognition in his eyes, "You can't be one of them, they don't venture this far". Zurbag glances about and begins to make some distance, his eyes on Ali the entire time.....
              Last edited by TacCovert4; 12 Mar 13, 19:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Wong gasps wait, set me down...

Then starts to chant something with his hand on his broken ribs...

The name Horanus seems to figure in this...
                "Sure friend.."

..Wong's words seem to do nothing as he moves along in pain,..
                Ayanda looks at Wong with a curious expression..

"You sure you want to come ? I'd hate to remove you from combat if you still got some fight left in you.."

..being carried around the tavern by Ayanda. As Ayanda reaches the other side, he sees a pair of horses, and two men......smiling, with knives in their hands. "We'll be seeing that money now"
                "A pleasure gentlemen, 2 horses 20 a piece, as agreed.." Ayanda tosses the money aside on the ground, out of immediate reach of both men, and nods quizzically at the knives, while moving closer to the horses himself..
                Last edited by Snowygerry; 13 Mar 13, 03:35.

Comment

"Let's end this!" Lighting bolt

(I like to live on the side of danger)
                  you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Alex beats his opponenet back into the ground with his sheild and hopefully opens up a chance to finish his opponet off with his sword.

Comment

Wong says to Ayanda, lets go. I had a dream while I was out, I'll have to figure it out later...
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

-The two men look at the coins, look at Ayanda carrying Wong, and laugh. "I think you don't quite understand. We'll be taking all of it." They move to circle Ayanda and Wong, not quite menacing with their knives.

-Wildstar's shield bash easily knocks him back off of his feet, and his stab strikes home, adding to the already copious bleeding.....it appears he won't be getting up again any time soon, but he's not dead yet.

(Just need to know what Dremlar/Bruno/Moze want to do. Zurbag seems to be edging away like he's going to make a run for it....especially after his unusual encounter with Ali)

Comment

-The two men look at the coins, look at Ayanda carrying Wong, and laugh. "I think you don't quite understand. We'll be taking all of it." They move to circle Ayanda and Wong, not quite menacing with their knives.

-Wildstar's shield bash easily knocks him back off of his feet, and his stab strikes home, adding to the already copious bleeding.....it appears he won't be getting up again any time soon, but he's not dead yet.

(Just need to know what Dremlar/Bruno/Moze want to do. Zurbag seems to be edging away like he's going to make a run for it....especially after his unusual encounter with Ali)
                          I posted. I did not say much but there are only so many ways to to say I am goint to shoot you with lighting.
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

The two men look at the coins, look at Ayanda carrying Wong, and laugh. "I think you don't quite understand. We'll be taking all of it." They move to circle Ayanda and Wong, not quite menacing with their knives.
                            Ayanda grins, addressing the bartender he met previously specifically

"You're not a commercial genius are you.."

He moves closer to the horses still.

"I paid you 10 up front, 40 is there as your rightful pay for the horses - that leaves 10 on me..."

With a swift move he helps Wong on one of the horses and turns to face both challengers.

"Now, you can try to kill me for the remaining 10... that is a very insecure and final proposition however, with little prospect for additional gain.."

"..or you can let me ride out of here, allow me to turn the 10 into a thousand and reap the benefits of our continued cooperation…”

“Be honest gentlemen, you haven’t got the faintest idea what the commotion outside was all about, do you ?”

“Do you honestly think I’d risk my life to save this fellow, if I didn’t envision a very lucrative conclusion to this affair ?”

(...)

Comment

-Dremlar summons a lightning bolt, the azure fire bursting from his hand and throwing Zurbag onto his back, his chest a maze of smoking burns where his maille went from cold to red-hot in moments. Zurbag lays there, breathing in gasps, but apparently unconscious. Dremlar, however, looks strikingly similar, doubled over from the effort and leaning heavily on his staff, his breath ragged as he tastes blood on his lips. Ali looks around, then walks purposefully up to Zurbag, and unceremoniously slits his throat. As he cleans off his daggers and they disappear into his cloak, he says "They would have told I am here. It seems things are in motion, that have lain still for a hundred generations....we must find the others and the boy, there is much we must know."

-The two men think on it for a moment, evidently amused that Ayanda would suggest future profits to them. Ayanda manages to get Wong on the first horse before they make up their mind. "We'd rather keep the money. And the horses. And the reward for taking that one to the gem cartel....I'm sure they'll pay handsomely for someone that ambushed one of their enforcers. You can drop the rest of that money and leave...." The one talking sets his feet and motions with his hand. The other one edges around towards the second horse, his knife up in a reverse grip.

Comment

-"I don't know his name" the boy says, beginning to shudder. "But I have to take it to him...I can't let them down"

Xangr notices the change of single person to a group. "Who is this them that you refer to?Xangr asks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X