No announcement yet.

Fires of the Lost, Episode 2: Prelude to Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it appears that Moze's plan to ingratiate himself with the local theive's guild and improve his standing with the group at the same time might be going a little awry... but, damnit, he really does hate bullies.

(chaotic good, is there a bigger P.I.T.A. of an alignment? I think I have a look for Mozenwraith, but can you imagine Charlie Bronson in Leather armor swinging a sword?)

"He insults us without cause....now what is he going to do about it?"
    Time to use that phenomenal Dex for intimidation purposes-
    Never taking his eyes or his aim off the Orc that just said that, he steps off the wagon, landing lightly on his feet and stepping up to within ten feet of that Orc.
    "You die first, understand me? Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I drill a tunnel straight through your skull."
    He ain't kidding.

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Wong will mosey on up barehanded and say why were you chasing the kid?

And give him a nice smile... (gonna throw the slob...)
    grrrr....
    Moze' makes a sour face, and takes a reluctant step back.
    He'll give the peace-maker a chance, Wong is part of his team, after all. But he's not going to be all that thrilled if cooler heads prevail, again.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

...One says. "That's what the one with the crossbow said Zurbag", says another. The third reaches over his shoulder and hefts a mace,..
      "Three Orcs ? Shouldn't be much of a problem then.." , Ayanda scans the surroundings to see if anyone else has taken an interest in the scene, and is giving any indication of willingness to intervene.

He also keeps an eye on the bushes the boy disappeared into, assuming him to still be there, should he emerge from them and try to blend in with the crowd he'll try and track/follow him.
      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        "Bullies?" One says.
        "That's what the one with the crossbow said Zurbag", says another.
        "While we would be delighted to fight, the reason for doing so has disappeared. Time to move along."
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

What doesn't fail, however, is Moze's words. The Orcs give up the chase, and spread out a little as they approach the group. "Bullies?" One says. "That's what the one with the crossbow said Zurbag", says another.
          Xangr replies " Chasing a small boy with one jewel while you have many seems pretty unfair. To me that is the definition of a bully."

Comment

[QUOTE=TacCovert4;2473061. "He insults us without cause....now what is he going to do about it?" .[/QUOTE]
            Xangr shrugs off the statement " Do you really want to know? Because the child has asylum till things cool down. So we can either negotiate or fight."

Comment

Originally posted by The last bullet View Post
              Xangr replies " Chasing a small boy with one jewel while you have many seems pretty unfair. To me that is the definition of a bully."
              Ayanda takes Xangr by the arm trying to prevent him from drawing unnecessary attention from the orcs,

"Carefull please sir, they haven't noticed us yet and our position here is quite good to take them unaware should matters escalate..or should reinforcements show up"

Moving a bit closer he says in hushed voice "It is no ordinary jewel either, did you catch the look on our mage's face as it nearly hit the ground ?"

"I believe the fugitive boy is still hidden in the bushes over there, I'd like to question him.."

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                Ayanda takes Xangr by the arm trying to prevent him from drawing unnecessary attention from the orcs,

"Carefull please sir, they haven't noticed us yet and our position here is quite good to take them unaware should matters escalate..or should reinforcements show up"

Moving a bit closer he says in hushed voice "It is no ordinary jewel either, did you catch the look on our mage's face as it nearly hit the ground ?"

"I believe the fugitive boy is still hidden in the bushes over there, I'd like to question him.."
                " I be quiet and watch the orcs. You go and try to get the boy someplace safe." I have a feeling that jewel has special properties that both sides may know about. "Xangr says in a quiet voice.

Comment

{Note, the boy is no where to be found at the moment}

The possible leader nearly swings at Moze before Wong gets in the way. Then Xangr's comment only infuriates him more. But that crossbow is still firmly aimed at his face, and he knows that they're outnumbered. As the group gathers round and squares off with them, he decides to talk a moment, and laughs.

"You strangers have no idea who we are? I am Zurbag of the Gem Clan. And that boy you helped escape stole something valuable from us. Now you can either help us get it back, or fighting the three of us won't be your worry. My Boss has a hundred guards that will be hunting you if you refuse our offer."
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Fitz walks up behind Xangr. Ferghus at his heel. He figures they need muscle.
                    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dremlara is still not making in agrisve actions.
                      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

{Note, the boy is no where to be found at the moment}
                        Still pretending to have no part in the argument, Ayanda moves to where he saw the boy disappear, he'll use his ranger skills to quickly check for any tracks or clues, or perhaps even the odd chance the boy hid or dropped anything there.

If he does find something he'll silently take note, and erase/remove it, making sure any subsequent investigation doesn't stumble on the same clue.
                        Last edited by Snowygerry; 20 Feb 13, 03:50.

Comment

Well Zurbag, if you wait a moment our 'truth-reader' will be along.

Care for a drink while we wait?

Offers a wineskin...
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

"You strangers have no idea who we are? I am Zurbag of the Gem Clan. And that boy you helped escape stole something valuable from us. Now you can either help us get it back, or fighting the three of us won't be your worry. My Boss has a hundred guards that will be hunting you if you refuse our offer."
                            Scumbag of the Flem Clan? Accounts for your manners. As for the three of you, if you can't cope with one boy, you won't cope in a fight. 100 of you might break a sweat though, and therefore worth the exercise. However..........

Now just in case the child is actually a changling/shifter/demon etc, and thus fair game, what would we be really hunting for, and what's it worth to you .
                            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Question Tac? is he willing to wait?

If so I'll believe them and commence the search for the kid.

I'm lawfull and have no choice in the matter...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The trio stands there for a moment in irritated frustration. Obviously they're outnumbered, but some of these strangers want to talk, and others obviously just want to fight. And so the other two edge up closer, their weapons ready, while Zurbag answers the one actual question: "He's a thief, we never saw him before. And what he's got is a large black sapphire. As to what it's worth, it's worth me forgetting that you have no manners, and forgetting to put a bounty on your head that would bring every mercenary for a hundred leagues to bring me your skin"
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X