Fires of the Lost, Episode 2: Prelude to Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fires of the Lost, Episode 2: Prelude to Change

In the light of morning, the group packs up. Caravan season is over, and the Orcs are notoriously unhospitable to outsiders. Ali packs quickly, and turns, pointing at a youth dashing down from the mines, a gaggle of Orcs in pursuit. You all hear cries of "Stop", and "Thief". The child races away from them, tripping and falling, and an onyx stone flies from his hands before he recovers, snatching it up and continuing to run......Ali watches the stone fly, and Dremlar notices a glimmer of horror on his face.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    In the light of morning, the group packs up. Caravan season is over, and the Orcs are notoriously unhospitable to outsiders. Ali packs quickly, and turns, pointing at a youth dashing down from the mines, a gaggle of Orcs in pursuit. You all hear cries of "Stop", and "Thief". The child races away from them, tripping and falling, and an onyx stone flies from his hands before he recovers, snatching it up and continuing to run......Ali watches the stone fly, and Dremlar notices a glimmer of horror on his face.
    Bruno shouts out!
    To me, child, and you shall be safe.
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Fitz has Ferghus at the ready. Just in case. He waits, and watches.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

alex feigns disinterest and moves to one of the sides.

Comment

Xangr watches the proceedings,he notes the the angry look on the Orcs have on their faces and the fear on the boy. He also notices the onyx stone that boy has.

Comment

Dremlara remains where he is but casts detect thoughts on the orcs to try and see if the kid is really theife or if theu want to kill him. It kind of pointless reading the thoughts of the kids since he probaly only thinking don't kill me.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Mozenwraith shakes his head, loading and cocking his crossbow. Not a word of thanks from the Townies after we helped defend them, and now something is happening sure to get us kicked down the road.

"I hate bullies."
              He climbs up on a wagon, in full view with the Crossbow held high. In case they didn't hear him, he says louder; "I really HATE bullies."

The crossbow comes down, drawing a deliberate bead on the nearest pursuing Orc.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Coming late to the scene, on account of haggling with one of the merchants over his share of the loot, Ayanda keeps his distance.

He makes his approach in a round-about manner, so he'll end up in the rear of the orcs should they continue the pursuit and stop in front of of the group confronting them.
                Last edited by Snowygerry; 18 Feb 13, 07:47.
                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Xangr see the proceedings slowly spiraling downhill. As Moze and the boy are the center of attention. He slowly walks toward Ayanada in a manner to avoid the orcs attention.

Comment

"Just tell me mo bhrathair," Fitz says to Alex."Tell the boss, and I'll send Ferghus."

Comment

The child nearly pulls up when Bruno and Moze shout for him, but runs right by the group and disappears into the brush. Dremlar tries to detect their thoughts, but Orcs are notoriously difficult to read, and his spell fails.

What doesn't fail, however, is Moze's words. The Orcs give up the chase, and spread out a little as they approach the group. "Bullies?" One says. "That's what the one with the crossbow said Zurbag", says another. The third reaches over his shoulder and hefts a mace, cast in the shape of a diamond. "He insults us without cause....now what is he going to do about it?" The others also pull their weapons, a club studded with jade, and an axe (larger than Bruno's) with small gems on the hilt. Neither of them is overlarge by Orc standards, making them in the 8' 450-600lb range. Other than their weapons they're wearing a hodgepodge of armor, and the one with the axe has a torq with alternating stones in it.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Alex continue peruseing whatever he looking at from the flank position he taken up.

Comment

Dremlara is just going to wait and see what happens next
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Wong will mosey on up barehanded and say why were you chasing the kid?

And give him a nice smile... (gonna throw the slob...)
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Fitz settles down behind Alex, he bades Ferghus to stay put, silently. He also watches, and waits.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X