Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I think someone was stoned when they came up with it.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shrooms I think. Just hilarious...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Or LSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
            Blimey! Who did you have to pay off to get those stats!
            Now you know why I hesitated to post that...

Comment

Okay, seems I need to pay someone off instead of buying a different car.

Comment

To explain the logic behind doing die rolls, since this has come up. 1) I initially thought about doing some sort of 'purchase system', but it got waay too complex too fast. 2) The die rolls were seen as a quick way to establish some stats, and in a fair way to all players since it's random chance. 3) This game isn't necessarily about each player being the penultimate example of their type, it would get very boring for all involved that way, the game is about having fun, making do with a character that is very 'real' with strengths and weaknesses, and making an engaging and interesting experience for everyone.

And remember, just like in real life, practice in areas you're weak in can increase your capabilities. Bruno might try talking to people more, just like Xangr might need to work with say that elven mage on his spellcasting, among others. You're all just starting this journey of a thousand miles (not the actual caravan journey, but the overall game), don't worry if you're not where you want to be on the first step.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

If you're nice and Fergus likes you, Cormac may speak to you. If you know Gaelic.
                  Actually my wolf-ironically at my feet, is not named Fergus. He is called Callum. He is always with me, and has been since I moved here to begin with.

Comment

Just so you all know....the last couple of posts, and the somewhat inconsistent results, haven't necessarily been your fault. Some of it might have been bad tactical decisions that put you in disadvantageous spots, but by and large the dice have been rather capricious this go round. Xangr got hurt (no he can't run and he's going to continue to lose dexterity until he gets treated) by a natural 20....you can't beat that sort of thing without high-level magic. Wildstar has caught some bad die rolls as well....I wasn't expecting anything to get through his shield and maille to be honest. Conversely Wong's attack was a perfect 20, explaining how something so simple was so devestating, and Moze got caught in an exchange of decent rolls. Ayanda is benefitting from his weapon and proficiency giving him 2 attacks per round with his bow. Finally Bruno, using that big Dane Axe of his (ok, not a dane axe in this game, but in real life that's what it'd be called) got three good attacks back to back (that sort of weapon type is capable of doing up to three attacks on separate but close targets in the same round) while his opposition all rolled single digit counterattacks.

Once this is over, and you guys that need patching up are and are on a wagon or something, you might want to start working on unit cohesion and how you're going to handle something. Gotta give plot points for the way that each of your characters has acted in their particular idiom....given no prior planning or chain of command....maybe this action will produce a natural leader or organizer, or at least get you guys to collaborate more? Oh, and I'm going to try to get your resident mage more involved....he's been busy as of late....I might automate him for some stuff if he's still busy with the Navy.

Comment

• If the others would trust Cormac, he would them. The snide comments he hears he doesn't trust you. He is a naturally distrustful person as well. He is on your side. Show him you can work with him, and he wouldn't work alone (or with Fergus) as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        To explain the logic behind doing die rolls, since this has come up. 1) I initially thought about doing some sort of 'purchase system', but it got waay too complex too fast. 2) The die rolls were seen as a quick way to establish some stats, and in a fair way to all players since it's random chance. 3) This game isn't necessarily about each player being the penultimate example of their type, it would get very boring for all involved that way, the game is about having fun, making do with a character that is very 'real' with strengths and weaknesses, and making an engaging and interesting experience for everyone.

And remember, just like in real life, practice in areas you're weak in can increase your capabilities. Bruno might try talking to people more, just like Xangr might need to work with say that elven mage on his spellcasting, among others. You're all just starting this journey of a thousand miles (not the actual caravan journey, but the overall game), don't worry if you're not where you want to be on the first step.
                        naw fight going as I expected more or less for me. being average makes any fight 50 50 toss in my armor and it gives me a plus six or so while he getting at least a plus two probally and might have some bonuses due to str or dex yadda and it i he might need 16s or so to hit while i need 13 or so not a huge difference. But it is about what I expect btw I am using D and D info from orignal D and D. So I should hit him more than he hits me but if his above average comes before mine he wins.

btw not complaining just realizing my career might be short lol

Comment

• Well, the PCs, with the exception of only one, are pretty new to actual combat against enemies besides training partners. So it's not unreasonable to think that skill and stats cannot improve with time...or that a particularly good showing in a fight might net someone a slight bonus against certain types of enemies....

Waiting for Bruno and Cormac FitzAirth to post up their actions....I figured Alex would defend and go on the offensive as possible while working with Xangr to dig themselves out of their trouble.

Remember, Bruno and Fitz are by themselves, Xangr and Alex are near Bruno but in their own fight, Moze and Wong are near Fitz but in their own fight as well. Ayanda is by himself in the camp at the moment as well....just in case someone wants to start trying to organize this mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                            Well, the PCs, with the exception of only one, are pretty new to actual combat against enemies besides training partners. So it's not unreasonable to think that skill and stats cannot improve with time...or that a particularly good showing in a fight might net someone a slight bonus against certain types of enemies....

Waiting for Bruno and Cormac FitzAirth to post up their actions....I figured Alex would defend and go on the offensive as possible while working with Xangr to dig themselves out of their trouble.

Remember, Bruno and Fitz are by themselves, Xangr and Alex are near Bruno but in their own fight, Moze and Wong are near Fitz but in their own fight as well. Ayanda is by himself in the camp at the moment as well....just in case someone wants to start trying to organize this mess.
                            You got it. running right now just gets ya hit in the back

Next time dont surround us and it will be easier on you lmao

Comment

• Well....in all fairness, 4 of 7 characters did the whole "run right into the woods and find the fight" from nearly the start of the raid....Only 1 stayed in camp, and 2 took a somewhat slower approach that has them fighting in the open at the edge of the woods. Again, I give major props for you all following how your characters would otherwise behave....just keep in mind that working out maybe a leader or something once this fight is over might net a more 'coordinated' response.

Comment

• One of us, (Wong) should dual class into a cleric. Or better yet we get a new player who is one.

Someone who's somewhat preachy I think...
                                Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X