No announcement yet.

Fires of the Lost, a Role Playing Game by TacCovert4 and Dashy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chits are this worlds version of scrolls, essentially spells that have been prepared previously.
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Can you roll me a random character ?

With Tac's remarks in mind, make him human and give him a max weapon value - everything else can be randomized.

Tnx
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Well I've exchanged a few PM's with Tac and I think I have a basic character set up - tnx for that.

Now do I just walk in the other thread and introduce myself or do I wait for confirmation and more detail ?

Comment

You're good. Just take your character's name, his stats, and his kit that we agreed on and PM it to Dashy so he can file it away for his purposes. And you can do your introductory post in the main thread.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Jenkins shrugs and lifts his club, made of some black crystalline material: "Well, let's get going if you're all ready to go."
            Is this enough to actually start us off ?

Still not entirely sure of the form of this game - does it include behind-the-scene PM's too or does everything happen in the actual thread ?

Can we write posts that actually make things happen or do we leave that to the GM(s) - seems there's a lot of agreeing yet very little actual running

Comment

It's a lot like firefly in that the npc will give information or try to hurry things along, but won't always initiate. If a gm makes it an order or makes the decision, it'll be known. With things like this side quest, its player run entirely....I'm just providing info and tagging along.

Comment

A primer on Mithril, since some have focussed on the LotR variant:

Mithril in this world is a word for Aluminum. The Orcs have found out how to smelt the otherwise useless ore into something worthwhile. It's light, fairly strong under the right circumstances, and malleable. It also doesn't corrode, which makes it popular for decorative stuff, furniture (for the rich) and stuff like railings.

Militarily, it would make a nice presentation piece, but a terrible sword for combat use. It is, however, quite popular as a shield material, due to its light weight and better resistance than wood to penetration or cutting. That's a primary use of it by the human kingdoms. It's also used by well-to-do knights as a material for barding, as it's light yet far stronger than leather for protecting a horse.

Comment

So as we don't lose your information, if every player will post up their character and what armor/weapons/important gear he is carrying. This is so we don't lose track of the basic stuff during the game. Dashy has your stats, and he will be able to modify those as needed during the game (to reflect stuff).

Also, for the record, I'm not going to be ridiculously detailed about traveling days. If nothing's going on, then they'll kind of autopilot so you can get from one situation to another without days of 'do what we did yesterday'....

Comment

One of the oddities about the earlier versions of (Advanced) DnD was that non human races tended to be capped in levels and humans were not. However, non humans had additional bonuses. This meant if you kept your campaigns to low level, there was less point in playing human, and if you kept it the camapaigns high level, anything but human could be a liability.

For some reason thieves were uncapped?
                    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      So as we don't lose your information, if every player will post up their character and what armor/weapons/important gear he is carrying.
                      Name: Ayanda.

Str:14
                      Dex:12
                      Con:9
                      Int:9
                      Wis:8
                      Cha:8
                      Gear:13

Specialty: Ranger ranged combat.

Armour: made of kurbul (hardened leather) scales.

Weapon: Composite Bow.

Secondary weapon: 1 hand axe.

Race: Human.
                      Last edited by Snowygerry; 28 Nov 12, 07:18.

Comment

Name: Xangr

Str: 12
                        Dex: 13
                        Con: 9
                        Cha: 8
                        Int: 5
                        Wis: 3

Gear: 14

Specialty: SpellSword - melee combat

Armour: None

Weapon: Katana Sword

Spells- Armour, Flaming Sword, Curse, Thunderclap

Race: Human
                        Last edited by The last bullet; 28 Nov 12, 08:08.

Comment

Name Wong Wei.

Str:10
                          Dex:11
                          Con:12
                          Int:13
                          Wis:11
                          Cha:10

Class Monk.

Gear 6.

Race: Human

Armor: None

Weapon: Staff.
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Alex Wildstar

Spear
                            Chain
                            Long Knife

Comment

I'd like a listing of skills, I've haven't a clue as to what allowable for each class, also for instance what monk skills do I have, and which should I be training toward?

I've asked for acrobatics as a sub-skill and I think I've got it but don't know...

If we were smart we would get together and get a good set of skill distribution...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Yeah, skills would be good to know.

Looks like we all flipped to Human at the last minute?
                                Wish I had known, I'd have done something different.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X