No announcement yet.

Fires of the Lost, a Role Playing Game by TacCovert4 and Dashy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. So as it stands now, when I work the start of this thing out in a day or so (so there is room for some discussion and a consensus if everyone gets an eye to something else), Wildstar is going to place some stakes on where he figures the left flank of the line will be. Team 2 will be forming up on the left flank (or just behind it, I need to know that) to bolster that part of the force. Team 1 will work behind the lines but start near Team 2.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Good 2 Go.

Glad I went with a crossbow instead of something else.

Comment

• Well with the stakes infront of us the enemy will either have to pick there way through them or go around them. If they go through them the archers will have some nice targets to shoot if we do not stand in there line of fire. Also our speedy types might have an advantage fighting them there.

If the enemy moves more to our left flank it may allow us to engage their left flank with superior numbers for a bit as we will be fighting from the end of their left flank to their right flank. Our right flank could be left to our allies with one of us semi covering it. How do you guys see the fight going if different than what I am thinking.

Comment

• I will need some sort of plan, preference is for you all to use the main thread to hammer it out, and just one of you post it here.
          Did I succeed in finding a usefull covered position or am I part of the main line ?
          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• I've returned from pneumonia. I'm ready for action. Fitz is ready.
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Note that the 'rounds' of arrows is something that's in progress. It's not necessarily the exact number of arrows you all have, but rather a figure representing the number of arrows you have within the context of the battle and as a way for me to express your 'remaining arrows' and rate of fire with respect to the battle. Think of it as abstract, however it necessarily coincides a bit with the actual number of arrows per man.

Oh, and Exo, the big problem was that you're fighting with people that just don't use Bows of any description for more than hunting small game. It's a kids toy to them, and they don't have the industry or experience in making passable-quality arrows. Now next time you end up near a town or city with a culture that uses bows and/or crossbows, you guys will be able to spend some of your hard earned coin and buy some extra quivers and sheafs of arrows.

Comment

• Oh gads, next I'll hear dianne fienstein ranting about assault nails...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  Oh gads, next I'll hear dianne fienstein ranting about assault nails...

Like, the ones on her fingers?

Comment

• Ok......update out of character:

The troops facing the melee group are running away. Wildstar....your spear is broken, and you don't fully understand how, but there is a selection of them around if you'd like to grab another one.

Group, you options are to continue chasing the ones that are fleeing, reform in line with the rest of the line, or do a flanking attack on the Highlanders engaged with your line.

Fitz, yes, you feel a familiar bit of power in the earth, seems there are some druids present at the battle. If you'd like to discuss what druidic powers exactly you have, or anything else about this, PM me.

Xangr, you feel something, but as yet you've no experience with druids, so at most it would make you slightly curious or cautious.

The ranged group has seen a vine whip over the line and throw a firbolg, but other than that they've seen what they've seen.

Comment

• Now that I can see, without broken trifocals, I can PM you and read what we're doing. DUH.

Comment

• In all fairness Wildstar does know that someone is playing with magic around here. However, Ferghus is kind of the pointer here....because only Fitz and Ferghus, and to a lesser extend Xangr, can tell without something blatant showing them who is and who ain't.

I will, however, include the rock-throwing in the update.....Just waiting on a few more to see if anyone else wants to weigh in.

Comment

• Anyone notice that we seem to be either tossing rocks or on the recieving end of rocks. Starting to think my earlier point about having a glove was on the money

Comment

• Reb is in the middle of some nasty weather right now, so the update I had planned for tonight is going to hold off till tomorrow night. Anyone wanting to put in any changes or make any decisions....do it by tomorrow night EST.

Comment

• Nasty is a nice term for it. Working on this as we speak.

Comment

• Because you might have forgotten it, I'll note that if you remember there is a whole 'unit' of levies with axes and hoes and pitchforks that is unengaged.....Laisren's in charge, but if one of you thought he had the strength of will or charisma or popularity or a good reason to try and get them to follow your orders, you could give it a go....

Yes, Moze is not with the archery group at the moment, as he lagged behind and is now seemingly in a long-range duel with something else....

The melee group is still together. Just so you understand the mechanics, your flank attack failed its roll, and your regular attack roll came up at a dead heat. You can continue to try and make a flank attack, or try something else, or just continue to press the attack, or even revert to a defensive posture.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X