Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwaha
    replied
    Oh gads, next I'll hear dianne fienstein ranting about assault nails...

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Note that the 'rounds' of arrows is something that's in progress. It's not necessarily the exact number of arrows you all have, but rather a figure representing the number of arrows you have within the context of the battle and as a way for me to express your 'remaining arrows' and rate of fire with respect to the battle. Think of it as abstract, however it necessarily coincides a bit with the actual number of arrows per man.

Oh, and Exo, the big problem was that you're fighting with people that just don't use Bows of any description for more than hunting small game. It's a kids toy to them, and they don't have the industry or experience in making passable-quality arrows. Now next time you end up near a town or city with a culture that uses bows and/or crossbows, you guys will be able to spend some of your hard earned coin and buy some extra quivers and sheafs of arrows.

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    I've returned from pneumonia. I'm ready for action. Fitz is ready.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    I will need some sort of plan, preference is for you all to use the main thread to hammer it out, and just one of you post it here.
    Did I succeed in finding a usefull covered position or am I part of the main line ?

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    Well with the stakes infront of us the enemy will either have to pick there way through them or go around them. If they go through them the archers will have some nice targets to shoot if we do not stand in there line of fire. Also our speedy types might have an advantage fighting them there.

If the enemy moves more to our left flank it may allow us to engage their left flank with superior numbers for a bit as we will be fighting from the end of their left flank to their right flank. Our right flank could be left to our allies with one of us semi covering it. How do you guys see the fight going if different than what I am thinking.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Good 2 Go.

Glad I went with a crossbow instead of something else.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Ok. So as it stands now, when I work the start of this thing out in a day or so (so there is room for some discussion and a consensus if everyone gets an eye to something else), Wildstar is going to place some stakes on where he figures the left flank of the line will be. Team 2 will be forming up on the left flank (or just behind it, I need to know that) to bolster that part of the force. Team 1 will work behind the lines but start near Team 2.

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    it was suggest the left flank by the head guy so i good with that if everyone else has no objections.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    Ok, based on your posts, here's what I've got:

Team 1) Moze, Ayanda, Ali. Behind the lines moving and taking potshots at the enemy.

Team 2) Wildstar, Fitz, Jenkins, Wong, Bruno (unless he gives me indication otherwise), Xangr (same thing). Forming an 'assault team' at one of the flanks to attack the opposing force and create a breach in their lines. I will need to know which flank.

Wong is making shiruken out of some nails, Wildstar is spending a couple of hours planting stakes. Will need to know where they're planted.
    Bruno is very happy to be in the assault team . Since I wield a two handed weapon I would suggest attacking the unshielded side of an attacking formation.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Ok, based on your posts, here's what I've got:

Team 1) Moze, Ayanda, Ali. Behind the lines moving and taking potshots at the enemy.

Team 2) Wildstar, Fitz, Jenkins, Wong, Bruno (unless he gives me indication otherwise), Xangr (same thing). Forming an 'assault team' at one of the flanks to attack the opposing force and create a breach in their lines. I will need to know which flank.

Wong is making shiruken out of some nails, Wildstar is spending a couple of hours planting stakes. Will need to know where they're planted.

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    So what do the rest of you think left flank works for me also if we are on the flank I would say the end of the line is where we will do best since most of us would not fit in well with the shield wall.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Well....I'll readvise you of your situation:

The enemy camp just had a fire.

The enemy camp as you know, is a bit under half a day's march.

You don't know about any advance parties if there are any.

The local defenders are all well-rested of sorts.

You will likely not be in battle before lunchtime tomorrow.

So it's up to you....you have time to do some basic defenses and still get some sleep. Laisren's not of the fortification type, more of a bash-n-whacker. But if you give me how many hours (it's midnight....assume 6 hours to dawn) you want to spend on defense work, I'll roll for how many locals pitch in and work out any advantage for tomorrow based on the type and extent of the fortifications.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Originally posted by craven View Post
    Setting up caltrop and other things might take all night which is better the little bit of D we could set up or a good nights rest
    Well we can have the towns folk do the digging, ect.

I'd rather skip a nights sleep and stay alive myself...

Just saying...

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    Setting up caltrop and other things might take all night which is better the little bit of D we could set up or a good nights rest

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Update:

Moze and Ayanda have left, without really giving an explanation. They took their weapons though, if that's an indication.

Xangr and Bruno are still at the Hall with the warlord Laisren. You all can interact with him, and decide if you want to stay of your own accord, or if you want to go back to camp and see what the rest have decided.

Fitz and Alex are in camp with Jenkins. Jenkins is encouraging them all to head into town and figure out the best place to be put in this defense since you all decided to fight rather than flee.

The last four of you I'll need some posts about what you're going to do so I can do battle prep. The first two are in a clandestine storyline at the moment.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X