Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how big is the town we just came from

Comment

• Decent sized. In human parlance it would be considered the 'Capital' of a small 'Duchy or Barony'. Much different culture though, so the town name isn't important, just its location astride a road junction and it's where the local Warlord keeps his residence, his "Halla na Seaimpíní", though that title might be a bit ambitious. A good general guess is that a hundred, maybe slightly less actual hardened warriors can be assembled, though probably triple that number or more in rather good quality levies.

[Quickly on some basic Firbolg culture, they're a very male-dominated and warrior society. While the humans might have a warrior culture, and the halflings have a surprisingly well disposed warrior class, the Firbolg take up fighting as practically their religion. Their weapons are spiritual to them, and the greatest death is that in battle. Not to say that they don't have traders, or all the other general professions, just that warriors and those that provide services to them (smiths, armorers, etc.) are considered a bit higher class, and dominate the society. Nobility that doesn't fight normally finds themselves losing their station within a generation. Therefore infighting and raids are endemic....leading to the common saying that Firbolg could conquer the world if they could stop fighting each other. Because of this the Firbolg tend to have a much higher quality of levy than the other races. For example, Orcs are huge and strong, but most spend their lives mining and doing other trades. Since even a lowly Firbolg farmer has to fight on a semi-regular basis against raiders, they tend to be better equipped, trained, and motivated than their counterparts of other races. The men favor close combat almost exclusively, while the women have found that they need to be able to protect themselves, and take up bows that they consider to be rather short....but they're nearly longbow in size....however you rarely see the women doing anything more than protecting their homes or hunting the occasional stag.]
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Is Fitz in this battle with Phelan and Bruno? And does Bruno need help?
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Fitz is back at the camp. Xangr is around, and watching, though he might know well enough not to get involved. Wong is still in town with his nails, and the other characters are off on that little riding adventure.

Comment

• I'm like an electronic toy, activate me when need be(let me know first)

Comment

• If you want to head into town, it's up to you. Heck, you might appreciate being around people that aren't, well 'human people'.

Comment

• ok was just trying to figure out if 200 plus of the enemy was an overwhelming force for the town.

Comment

• At the moment, after fighting with them, Fitz feels different about some of his 'comrades.'

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                    ok was just trying to figure out if 200 plus of the enemy was an overwhelming force for the town.
                    Well, just keep in mind that most Firbolg have a build more like a large NFL Linebacker than humans. They tend towards the high 6 foot range, and fairly broad. And you might notice that it's not really camping time, and that there are parties assembling where you are......the numbers aren't conclusive.....

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      Well, just keep in mind that most Firbolg have a build more like a large NFL Linebacker than humans. They tend towards the high 6 foot range, and fairly broad. And you might notice that it's not really camping time, and that there are parties assembling where you are......the numbers aren't conclusive.....
                      ahh so my size nothing to them lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        Fitz is back at the camp. Xangr is around, and watching, though he might know well enough not to get involved. Wong is still in town with his nails, and the other characters are off on that little riding adventure.
                        So is Xangr is watching the duel?

Comment

• Yes, he's watching.

Comment

• Just some quick notes:

- Bruno and Phelan are still locked in combat....just waiting to see what Bruno's next move is going to be. Xangr is standing beside Laisren....possible conversation there....

- Alex, Moze, Ayanda, and Ali have 1 of 3 choices....go to the Caravan first, or go to the town first.....or split up and hit both.

- Wong is back in camp as his business in town is finished. He has a cask of nails, though he's looking around camp for someone with an adze or other suitable tool.

- Fitz and Fergus are in the camp as well, doing their own thing.

- Jenkins is in camp if anyone wants to talk to him. Kag is still in the town or between there and the camp.

Comment

• Fitz and Fergus will be ready when called upon.

Comment

• I tell my compratiots I will go warn the town leaders why dont you guys go warn the caravan. I will head to the caravan after I tell the town leaders.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X