Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 11; Today, all Gods must Die.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    I may stil be sick, but I'm not dead.
    If there is something you want to do, go ahead.
    [[
    OOC - Sorry about your Ill-Health
    Not sure wot I shud do - I am your typical Gunny type - good on followin' Orders - but not very good at thinkin' up solutions
    ]]

"Riiight guys - judging by the last response -
    Mebbe I shud just hold back a bit, and be ready to smash any other Weapons or gear which that Monstrosity c'n manage ter 'Extrude'."

"Dat's de way I figger it - 'less someone else 'as a better idea."
    G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
    Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
    Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
    Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Chin is sort of light on stuff to fight giant, high speed, armored robots/mechs.

Resucing civilians back to the ships looks like the best call.
      "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
      George Mason
      Co-author of the Second Amendment
      during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

((had been waiting for Able to do something, but looking back he's already done enough!))

The wounded are rescued by brave effort and also by the Machine's focus on the hovering ship. Meanwhile, Jayne manages to drop a bundle of Grenades on the thing's mid-section... taking a bad hit to the chest in the process and falling to the pavement in a bloody heap.

The grenades, moving slower than a projectile, slip through the sheilds and explode directly on the Thing, and so enough damage to eliminate the shields.
        Your fire and that of the Marines (4 stayed, one is killed and another wounded) pick away at the thing, reducing it but failing to do enough damage to kill it.

At that moment, Penny announced that she "got them!", which seems to be a lie right away; one of Sheck's Roo APCs bursts through the temporary waterfall at the other side of the square a moment later.
        This machine does not fire on you, but heads straight to the Thing, and parks under it. That 10cm mortar is pointing straight up, and fires into the Mechanical Thing between it's legs... and obliterates it.

Trundling out from underneath the wreckage, the Roo stops in front of the survivors and out of the turret hatch pops... no, not Phaing, she's Driving.

Mal- "River?!?"
        Simon, still tending the wounded, just nods and smiles at her.

Yes, she came here before any of this maddness even started. What, you thought a place like Haven would keep her busy head occupied for more than a day or two?

To make a long story short, she found Phaing in a near-berserk state and managed to "calm" her down, causing only one minor fracture in the process.
        And the Mercs were not happy about her desertion, the Roo was being chased as the girls left the compound, Penny was fortunately there to eliminate that problem.

As to why River is here, of all places... cast your eyes upon that cylindrical tower, the HQ of the people that tormented her, Blue Sun Corp.
        And, Able; something you have been wondering about for a while now-- why was that diabolical program started in the first place? Why would the Alliance feel the need for some sort of psychic warriors after the fall of the Independence movement?
        And, why would they develop something like the mechanical Thing you just encountered?

He looks up with River staring him right in the eyes with a smile that seems to say; *Wanna find out?*
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

So...
          Is this over with, or shall we put it to bed and maybe resurrect it at a later date?
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

So...
            Is this over with, or shall we put it to bed and maybe resurrect it at a later date?
            [[OOC

Still interested in this Game - Honest.

Just not sure what to do.
            ]]

Comment

At this point, neither am I.

Mal is using a remote to land Serenity (yeah, he's used his money for some goodies) and there is no shooting ATM.
              There is the battle starting to wind down at the compound, the Blue Star tower beckoning to the revenge-minded, and the Albatross hunkered down in the mountains.

Its all up to you guys, all I did was draw up the setting and the situation.
              Details for the Roo are in the original game thread.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

OOC; As I posted before, Chin cannot strap on the power armor, unlimber the laser guided armor piercing missile, etc, so getting the civies to Serenity is looking like the best call.
                "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                George Mason
                Co-author of the Second Amendment
                during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

"Able - How do we go next on this situation - Boss ?"

"Shall we make an Assault on the Blue Star Tower ?"

"Or do we wanna have another go at Deposing that damned Bluddy Tyrant -
                  The Idjut who thinks he's some kind of a cross between God, Hitler and General Tojo ?"

Comment

To put a wrap on this

Well, sorry folks. I was waiting on a post from someone who is running something else now, and forgot to get back to this when my notification thingy never went off.
                    Guess it's too late to say Able got clipped by a stray round and try to pull everyone back in. Pity, but the story WAS a bit top-heavy.
                    Knew I should have gone with that Saffron line instead, but I had to get all grandiose.

Anyway... this was going to be solved not by taking Demetrius head-on, but either by isolating him or through Blue Sun, his sponsor. Yes, they were the key, and they have a secret.
                    I know FF's stand on Aliens; they don't exist... but what if they did, and Blue Sun knew it? Say, evidence of a pre-existing civilization here that was annihilated by something powerful, about 5,000 years ago. and then contact is lost with Earth-that-was (a mess of people would have stayed behind, either stubborn or just fear of flying).
                    I think you could count on an extreme reaction to a threat of that magnitude from the kind of people who run the Alliance,
                    So, the project that turned River into a mental pin-cusion and other nasty stuff comes about, as well as the latest project to replace the Parliament with a semi-benign Dictator. A Dictator that would get all the blame for Blue-Sun's planned excesses. BTW- that last revelation was the fail-safe to get rid of Demetrius. Once he found out about all this, and his true place in it all, he'd excuse himself, quietly go to the head, and blow his brains out with a borrowed pistol.

And man, the toppling of that cylindrical sky-scrapper would have been a cool scene.

I goofed. This game is really for smaller-scale stuff, and I went all Star Wars. If there is another FF game, I won't be running it.

In fact, the next thing I will be running will be a semi-RP and semi strategy game, tailor made for those of you who enjoy WW2 Fighter planes. Set in the near future, it will be about a proxy-war fought for media consumption, and to give an increasingly mad world a place to blow off steam without resorting to a real war. To keep it under control, reproductions of gear from the 1940s are all that is allowed inside the containment area.
                    I have to draw a 1st-class map for this one, so it won't be happening until somewhere between Xmas and New Years.

So, thanks for taking part and for helping Dashy and I keep Serenity flying just a little longer. Almost two years, in fact!
                    Kudos to you all.
                    And, if anyone wants to run another episode, Phaing will be there for you.

One last vid, for all the folks;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksoO...FCBC0D&index=6
                    Last edited by The Exorcist; 15 Dec 12, 18:00.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

In fact, the next thing I will be running will be a semi-RP and semi strategy game, tailor made for those of you who enjoy WW2 Fighter planes. Set in the near future, it will be about a proxy-war fought for media consumption, and to give an increasingly mad world a place to blow off steam without resorting to a real war. To keep it under control, reproductions of gear from the 1940s are all that is allowed inside the containment area.
                      I have to draw a 1st-class map for this one, so it won't be happening until somewhere between Xmas and New Years.

Sounds like “The fall of colossus”

It did the same with naval units.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Working...
                      X