Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefly Chapter 11; Today, all Gods must Die.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly Chapter 11; Today, all Gods must Die.

I will start this with the last post on the previous chapter-

Broadwave transmission;

"This is Emperor Demetrius Kai-Shek speaking."
    I'll let there be a monitor in that bunker, so that the away team can see this. He's standing with his back to a large "window" in the side of a space ship, or maybe it's a view screen, facing straight down at the Alliance compound. It is partly obscured by smoke and tiny explosions wink up at the viewer, even in broad daylight.

"My forces, formerly known as Shaitan's Panzer Brigade, are occupying the Parliment's winter retreat. We are now eliminating the Parliament... including those members who thought we were coming here at their behest!"
    Sly grin, as if he is including the viewer in some sort of private joke.
    "The days of enduring your lives under the weight of this corrupt mob are over. I will oversea the transition from this miserable excuse for a Government to an orderly and fair Empire, and from that to a truly representative system where the constituent parts of the whole will still be unified... but free to maintain an individual identity.

I require the support of the Core worlds that would rather not see another long, dreary conflict with the outer worlds. I require the support of the outer worlds, that they would avoid being over-run by armies of occupation again. I require the support of the worlds in between, so that they may not be trampled by opposing forces yet again.

This is to be the last battle of the last war of our lifetimes, but I require the support of all that hear my voice to make this a new beginning, rather than just another day.

All military units coming over to my side can assume a holding pattern over Kreung Thep or contact my ships directly on the recently opened channels, that had been in use by the Parliament.
    They won't be needing it, ever again. And, do not enter the compound unless you want to join the former leaders of that defunct Goverment in their mass grave.

I will be speaking to you again shortly."
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Okay I land it.

Is there somewhere I can clean up? I would like to get this blood off before it becomes a part of me.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

"There's a shower by the head. Sheesh, straight into a war. Who is this knobgobbler and how do I escape this war?"

Comment

Great, thanks.

Picks up my bag and heads to it.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
          "There's a shower by the head. Sheesh, straight into a war. Who is this knobgobbler and how do I escape this war?"
          Oh, you've met, a few days ago when he was just a General.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

After listening to the transmission, Able makes the decision for the group:

"Why that arrogant bastard" Able grabs up his stuff and looks at Tamie and Chin.

"We're getting out of here now, and back to the crew. We will need to sort this out before we proceed. There aren't enough of us to take him on head on just yet."

Able turns his comm to the Kestrel's private encryption. "Penny, I need you to pick us up just South of the Penninsula. Keep it low and slow and don't unmask the weapons. I'll activate a beacon when you're in close."

Looking back at the men and then carefully plotting and moving his way out of the bunker and South off the penninsula, Able says: "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. I will not see one tyrant removed only for another more terrible to take his place. We must make the Alliance better, not an Empire. I need to get together what Federals are alive, get them into units, and start organized resistance against him while the Navy can gather their strength. A pair of cruisers, a carrier, and some LSTs are more than enough to put this Empire at an end, if we act quickly. Just have to make it happen...."
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
              Oh, you've met, a few days ago when he was just a General.
              In that case I know where certain portable pyrotechnic devices need to be located. It's one way of performing a colostomy.

Comment

After about 30 minutes Iíll be out all clean and shiny new. Wearing a short white silk robe and my hair still damp and hanging down below my hemline (about mid-thigh). It is platinum blond with streaks of blue and green.

(Just to give everyone a description) Iím 5í 7Ē in bare feet (but I usually wear 3Ē heels) with large Jade green eyes and dimples when I smile and am 23 years old (so all you guys are old to me).

Iíll sit in the lounge (or wherever everyone is gathering) and comb my hair.

Um can I get a lift back to town? Iím going to have to get another job if I want to keep paying my rent.
                Last edited by Tsar; 05 Oct 12, 01:10.

Comment

Blue and green?
                  and I thought the kids around here were weird....

Able, Chin, Tamie;
                  It looks surprisingly peaceful in the direction you are looking, one shattered bunker and some chaos in the city where Serenity is hovering over Monty's ship.
                  Behind you, off to the Northeast, some very loud explosions are going on, as if the Mercs have hit a tough hardpoint and had to wheel up the big guns to deal with it. You can also smell smoke.

Few pods have fallen in your general area. Many are coming down in the Ship-rock area... which could mean that a lot came down in the water. A few have landed where your ships were parked, more of them towards the city.
                  You can see two groups of Alliance personnel forming up, one of several dozens and one of less than ten... you can meet or avoid either one without much trouble.

Penny- "..hat? I'm com.... ...ere you are, or .... .... 10 minutes OK?"

The Kestrel was following Albatross and was about to land, but now she tells the crew that she has finally heard from Able and is going back to look for him.
                  Minutes after she left, a very battered Alliance shuttle comes in for a hard landing less than a klick away.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Able points to Serenity. "We'll head there. Mal and Monty are liable to need some help." Hearing Penny's broken transmission, Able tells Chin and Tamie: "She sounds far away. I'll try to raise her again in a minute. She'll probably head to Serenity once she sees her."

The men make for Serenity at a steady pace, and instinctively shy away from the large group of men trying to organize themselves. Seeing the small clump though, Able takes off his shemagh and throws it on his shoulder. "Tamie, Chin, cover me at range. I'm going to try to get these men to join us."

Digging in a pocket, Able pulls out a very battered ID card. Corners cracked off and the data chip crushed, it would never even read if it was swiped, but on the face it shows a mostly legible photograph of Able (though a few years younger and definitely not as dirty), and a rank of light colonel in the Special Warfare Division (a wholly ficticious division that nevertheless existed on the books for a while), though no name or other information. Chin gives Able a quizzical look.

"Well it is better than nothing, and it made a good cover for dealing with military types. Show these guys something familiar and some authority, and they might just get their wits about them."

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      Able points to Serenity. "We'll head there. Mal and Monty are liable to need some help." Hearing Penny's broken transmission, Able tells Chin and Tamie: "She sounds far away. I'll try to raise her again in a minute. She'll probably head to Serenity once she sees her."

The men make for Serenity at a steady pace, and instinctively shy away from the large group of men trying to organize themselves. Seeing the small clump though, Able takes off his shemagh and throws it on his shoulder. "Tamie, Chin, cover me at range. I'm going to try to get these men to join us."

Digging in a pocket, Able pulls out a very battered ID card. Corners cracked off and the data chip crushed, it would never even read if it was swiped, but on the face it shows a mostly legible photograph of Able (though a few years younger and definitely not as dirty), and a rank of light colonel in the Special Warfare Division (a wholly ficticious division that nevertheless existed on the books for a while), though no name or other information. Chin gives Able a quizzical look.

"Well it is better than nothing, and it made a good cover for dealing with military types. Show these guys something familiar and some authority, and they might just get their wits about them."
                      Chin thinks "Cover me at range?"

He picks up a rock, places a cliboard under his left arm and tries to look...militaryish.
                      "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                      George Mason
                      Co-author of the Second Amendment
                      during Virginiaís Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Tamie unlimbers his Meat Axe, holding it at the "ready" - but not actually in a threatening way.
                        He also loosens a Throwing Knife in its Scabbard, in case it is needed, but this is not very visible.

Other weapons are still concealed under his long "duster" Coat.

"Take that as done - Able, Chin - you got yur long range backup now".
                        "Ready wuz always my middle name".
                        G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
                        Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
                        Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
                        Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

THe dice must love you guys,

Its a group of 7, all but one of which look as if they will be handy in a fight. (the one is a cook, typical over-weight Petty Officer) Most have pistols, two have SMGs and one has a short military shotgun. THey had just started moving forward when Able showed up, brandishing his I.D.
                          A Lt. with a pair of pistols and wild eyes meets Able and sneers at his appearance. "Alright, exactly how did you get out of there?"
                          He does not look inclined to believe you, but when it is revealed that you have been in there and back, he wants you to show him the way so his team can go in and ... well, he's not very clear on that, but he tries to hide his ignorance in the usual way.
                          What you have here is a Navy Lt. trying to lead a group that includes several Marines.
                          You know how that goes.

Penny catches a break, of sorts. The more stealthy of the gunboats comes down from the Southwest, and strafes the general area where you saw the larger group or Alliance crewmen headed.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Seeing the LT falter, Able immediately takes the initiative. "Chin, Tamie, come on up!"

Turning to the cluster of men Able says in an steady and easy, but commanding tone:

"Lieutenant, I applaud your enthusiasm, but I've seen what forces they have, and it will take a carrier full of men and tanks to retake the compound. My team has succeeded in rescuing some VIPs, and in putting enough of a dent in the triple-A for allow more of you survivors to get to the ground. They have infantry with heavy armor support. We are going to move, and move fast, back to the city. Our primary mission is to survive. My team has valuable intelligence that will be needed to fight this group. Secondary we will pick up any surviving Parliament ministers or essential personnel. I don't have space aboard my ship for more troops, so any other troops will be directed to rally and form a resistance."

Able hefts his rifle as Tamie and Chin come up. "Men, meet Agent Tamie, my heavy weapons expert, and Special Agent Chin, my surveillance agent and close quarters combat instructor."

The Lieutenant looks like he's about to say something....what with the monk and non-conventional brawler walking up....so Able cuts him off: "Lieutenant, I run a covert and highly specialized unit. Special Warfare Division is unconventional, and serves the people in a capacity that the regular military cannot be tasked to do. None of my men are 'regular service'. We investigate underworld organizations and and work dynamic and sensitive cases. That message that saved a third of Londinium when Ares station blew up?, that was us."

Able looks at the Marines and Sailors. "Staff Sergeant, form your men up in patrol formation, Marines leading the way. My men and the Lieutenant will bring up the rear. We're heading for that hovering ship....it's part of a convoy that was hijacked, and I know the captain. My ship will be along shortly."

As the patrol spreads out and moves away from the Facility and towards the City, Able gets back on his private comm with the Kestrel: "Penny, come in, I'm heading towards the city. When you're close I'll ping you with the homing beacon."
                            Last edited by TacCovert4; 06 Oct 12, 03:56.

Comment

The Lt. decides to go along with Able, nothing else makes much sense at this point... despite a lot of sidelong glances at Tamie. From a block away you can see Serenity hovering over the crash site, in a part of town that looks like this, looking due south-

It took a while to get that far, but it's not the Alliance men slowing you down, they are fresh.
                              Funny thing, Mal is still hovering there, dangling a couple of cables. Some odd mechanical noises can be heard from where Monty went down, but you can't make it out over the whine of Serenity's engines.
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X