Konigerdammerung, The Yap Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konigerdammerung, The Yap Thread

Right, here's a place where we can taunt each other to our hearts' content without clogging the main thread too badly. It would be best if we tried to move all our random discussions that aren't IC proclamations or whatever over to here over the next couple of days.

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    What if my objective has been not to face your navies? Mmm
    Neither side has been seeking a naval battle so far, so you can't really claim that as a win.
    Diadochi Rising Wargame:
    King Pairisades I of the Bosporan Kingdom

So you smell like fish and your women look like fish. Now go away before I insult you again.

But really even if you do destroy all ships you just going to kill fellow Germans.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

So you smell like fish and your women look like fish. Now go away before I insult you again.

But really even if you do destroy all ships you just going to kill fellow Germans.
      As if killing fellow Germans is somehow new to me...

Anyway, who said I'm going to destroy the ships?

Just to check, you do know that you're on an island, therefore you are surrounded by water, therefore without a fleet you'll be trapped, right?
      Diadochi Rising Wargame:

Comment

Meanwhile on land Burgundians and Italians are being killed and losing. So how does that fit in your plans?

Comment

Originally posted by The last bullet View Post
          Meanwhile on land Burgundians and Italians are being killed and losing. So how does that fit in your plans?
          It's part of some sort of master plan that he hasn't quite figured out yet.
          Diadochi Rising Wargame:

Comment

Not that phased by the loss on the main land. It is more fuel to my war effort in general.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Not that phased by the loss on the main land. It is more fuel to my war effort in general.
              Seems to me that the battle on the mainland is still very much in the balance.
              Diadochi Rising Wargame:

Comment

Yeah, but yous West Germans, not real Germans like uz Northerners. Besides, ain't Burgundy partly in Frogland?

Comment

hey what weapon class are maces covered under for cost

Comment

Originally posted by broderickwells View Post
                    Yeah, but yous West Germans, not real Germans like uz Northerners. Besides, ain't Burgundy partly in Frogland?
                    In the 1080s, Burgundy was entirely in southern France.
                    Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                      Polearms or advanced polearms, depending on whether they're one- or two-handed ones.
                      Diadochi Rising Wargame:

Comment

My army is a international army of true Christians. So my sailors are from northern part of germany.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                          Basic polearms. A Low Quality Mace is little more than a short stave with a leather thong on the handle to help you keep hold of it, and some iron or brass nails on the head to give it some extra weight and punch. A Quality Mace will be lead-weighted at the end, have a complete iron sheath for the head, and be studded. A Triple Quality Mace will be more along the lines of a classic 7 flange iron mace, with langets on the haft to allow it to fend off some sword and axe strokes without breaking. Two Handed Maces follow the same scheme, but under Advanced Pole Arms.

While I'm at it, I'll hit on a couple of other of the more odd weapons, swords, shields, and axes are pretty much self-explanatory:

Hammers: Basic for 1 hand, advanced for 2. Regular is roughly a pig (brittle) iron ball peen hammer....or a brass or iron faced mallet for 2 handed. Quality has a flat hammer face, a tail-spike, and is of better quality iron. Triple Quality has a faced hammer with flanges (the corners turn inward to give it a piercing quality), a curved tail-spike (for hooking), and (on 2 handed models) a thrusting point on the top.

Flails: Same as above. Bottom is the agricultural variety with an iron-reinforced wooden flail attached to a haft by a couple links of chain. Quality is a pig-iron ball (or bar in the case of 2 handed) attached by a short chain. Triple Quality is a spiked ball or two attached by good chain.

Pole-Axes: Same as 2H hammers, exchanging an axe head for the hammer head.

If you think of any others that aren't 'standard fare', let me know and I'll do a workup in this thread of them as well.
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

What are all those construction supplies Oathbreaker keeps ordering. is he building heathen altars.
                            Last edited by craven; 19 Oct 12, 13:42.

Comment

I'll have mine in on Sunday, the rest of you guys working on your turn 4 stuff?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X