Firefly Chapter 10; A Dark and Hungry God Arrises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly Chapter 10; A Dark and Hungry God Arrises

Before I begin the scene proper, a little housekeeping.

Dashy; I can;'t find New Melbourne on my map, is it way out there on the Rim?
    My idea is that the job Mal has a line on is a relatively peaceful and simple one that might be good for a little quiet time; running worn-out farming machines back to the factory on Sihnon for reconditioning.

At the present time, the folks on Albatross were working up the nerve to make a dangerous call, and then the folks on Kestrel made a big discovery.
    Does that cause you guys to put off making that call for now?

Rumors of Rebellion or even civil war are afoot. One moon has simply been ignoring the Parliment, another has been taken over by a certain crime lord. Peace and quiet are about to become scarce commodities.

I will be running this at a faster pace than has been the case before, minimum of twice a week for my input and updates, I may post several times a day for RP purposes. My character will not exit stage left like last time, but for game reasons will not be making decisive moves... the tough choices are all up to you folks.

Now standing by for YOUR input.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

I would say that if we donít need to call Randal we shouldnít. There are only so many favours that we can call in or owe before we get in to deep to get out.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I'm assuming the Kestrel and Albatross have met up somewhere in the black:

Able suggests: "The derelict factory has a great potential benefit to us as a refuge and base of operations. I would suggest that the Albatross, under the guise of being a buyer for an offworlder, pick up a quantity of supplies, and fly out to the derelict. Naturally the Kestrel can provide the codes and flight plan needed. The Kestrel, with myself and Penelope aboard, can handle making sure you're not tailed, this little ship is quite a bit more potent than we originally thought, those worthless escape trunks turning out to be a small battery of anti-ship lasers (part of the original specs). We get the supplies, and our oddly qualified technical team *chuckle* to work on restoring more of the station to operational capacity, and we have a piece of ground, a fortress to run to that has been undiscovered for years, and could hold off a small task force for some time. I know if I were sent after us the first thing I would do would be to destroy any link you have with safe havens, so having one in the hole, especially one as potent as that, could prove beneficial."

Able mulls over the recent news coming off the cortex for a moment:

"Also the station is a veritable factory and repository of the late Charleston's brilliant ideas. We don't need to start a civil war, that appears to be getting itself underway on its own. Instead of calling in favors, we should do them, pick a faction and use our resources to back their actions so that we can restore freedom to the system. It would have to be carefully done though, as we don't want that derelict falling into the wrong hands."
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Penelope Speaks up "I fully realise now what my father was trying to achieve, he saw himself as a sword, sent to free us from the Alliance. I agree completely with Able."

Jess snorts "Hell, we all little crusaders now? Count me in if Phiang is game, I want to be on that little basasses side."
        Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
          Jess snorts "Hell, we all little crusaders now? Count me in if Phiang is game, I want to be on that little basasses side."
          Phaing blinks, then smiles and bumps her hip into Jess's thigh.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I might disappoint you.
          This all sounds wonderful, but I think we might be a million shy of what we need to get that thing up and running again... and that's only if we all saved our money and want to go all in.
          The only other crew I know of that recently made the score of a lifetime recently are on Serenity, and who knows what they did with it? Not exactly something I'd ask about over a comm-link... none of this stuff is.
          So.... I dunno, color me skeptical."

((BTW- I can't find New Melbourne on my map, where is it?))
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

(New Melbourne is an intermediate planet, near Persephone)

Comment

"You mean I have a third ship to play nursemaid too? Life doesn't get any better than this." Harv is positively bouncing.

Comment

Penelope turns to Harv "to make the ship spaceworthy again would require rebuilding the entire thing, and removing the nano-factory in the process. Wouldn't you rather play with the toys inside? The engines were completely shattered when it was destroyed in the rebellion, so It won't be going anywhere fast."

Comment

I am in - Guys - my share can at least be used to do some good.

Otherwise, I just might waste it all, living the life of a major hedonist.
                  Nah - how could I ever live me life like dat - not my way at all.

So - yeah, wiv my share bein' used fer dis task - we can mebbe make some kind of a "safe haven", leastways one which will give us some safety.
                  Iffen we can contrbute in even a small way, to helpin' sum porrr sods to break free of the Alliance - that wud feel a hole lot better.
                  G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
                  Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
                  Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
                  Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Okay, Iím in. I mean what the heck all that could happen is we get killed and Iíve done that before (well almost).
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Phaing shakes her head.
                      "Look, I'd be in for a half share, tops, but what are we really trying to do here, and HOW are we gonna do it?
                      I think it would take more than this tiny little gang to make something like that work again."
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Able mentions "I was not advocating reactivating the station as a full-blown weapons factory. I think that there are far too many avaricious people for such a place to bring anything but evil. I was only advocating reactivating parts of the station so that we can use it as a refuge, and maybe scrounge some high tech pieces of equipment from it's vast repository when needed."
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Penelope turns to Harv "to make the ship spaceworthy again would require rebuilding the entire thing, and removing the nano-factory in the process. Wouldn't you rather play with the toys inside? The engines were completely shattered when it was destroyed in the rebellion, so It won't be going anywhere fast."
                          "So it definitely requires some TLC, and we're not talking thin layer chromatography. You forget how high my space mechanic fu is. I'll get that bird flying again, if I have to install a Morrie 850 side valve motor."

Comment

((Brodders, the Corvette isn't going to be able to be rebuilt, it would quite literally require a Shipyard at least 3 Kilometres long (only two exist) and metric craptonnes of moolah.))

Comment

((Brodders, the Corvette isn't going to be able to be rebuilt, it would quite literally require a Shipyard at least 3 Kilometres long (only two exist) and metric craptonnes of moolah.))
                              Hmmmm - I ain't so VERY sure that Harv could not do it -
                              He is one Hell of a Wizard wiv mecanical stuff.
                              We can all provide some of the Labour required - and, well my Cash ain't gonna be doin' anyfing better.

Iffen I tried to SPEND it on a Luxurious Life - Hah !!
                              There are a LOT of people who wud come sniffin' around - and just take it all from me, AND leave me for dead, as a pile of mangled flesh.
                              Dough like that JUST attracts unwelcome attention - Honest.
                              Peepul wud just start to remember me - and that wud be REAL BAD.
                              G.M. - Sci Fi Game - the "Krissyverse"
                              Darius Jarvinger - Prime Minister of The Phoenix Confederation
                              Kris Martins - President of Attican Republic
                              Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Comment

Working...
                              X